Kodi Community Forum
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Music Pump Kodi Remote (/showthread.php?tid=131303)

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - dandnsmith - 2014-01-19

I have a note that I found an instruction as to how to stream music from my XBMC to a phone (or tablet?) by using the speaker icon top right when using the remote in the music section.
I cannot now find this post again - is it possible and, if so, how (I cannot seem to do it)
I'm currently running 1.7.7 unlocked on an Android tablet.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-01-19

Probably you have enabled "use xbmc queue" in music pump settings. This disables the streaming icon

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - dandnsmith - 2014-01-19

Thanks, I'll check that and try again

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - haakon - 2014-01-21

Possibly stupid problem, but it only plays one track for me even if it's not the last in the queue. I have to click a track to start it again, every time. I haven't found any setting or anything that causes this. I just installed it today. What am I doing wrong?

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-01-21

if the app is not playing the next song there is usually a problem with the xbmc notification channel on tcp port 9090. Maybe your xbmc setup is not completely right.

Reasons may be:
- The option "allow programs on other systems to control xbmc" has not been enabled (this enables the notification port 9090)
- Another application is running on tcp port 9090, preventing the listener to work

If this is the problem you should find some infos in this post to fix it.
Post #228 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131303&pid=1353732#pid1353732

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - haakon - 2014-01-21

(2014-01-21, 23:36)Millencolin007 Wrote: Reasons may be:
- The option "allow programs on other systems to control xbmc" has not been enabled (this enables the notification port 9090)

That was it, everything seems to be working fine now, thanks!

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - sparkyhall - 2014-01-25

Hi

So far Music Pump XBMC remote is close to being perfect for my needs, although I am seeing some unexpected behaviour when playing music.

My server is based on a Raspberry Pi running Openelec 3.2.4 (XBMC Frodo 12.2)

I have the unlocked version of Music Pump V1.7.7 running on an Acer Iconia B1 tablet that runs Android Jelly Bean (4.1.2).

I have Music Pump set-up to use the XBMC queue and XBMC is set to automatically play the next track. With this configuration I see the following issues:

1. If I browse to an album and select a single track from within the album the selected track plays in full and then stops. I would expect the next track in the album to play automatically like it does when you control XBMC with the remote or other apps that use the XBMC queue.
  2. If when viewing the contents of an album I press the play icon at the top of the screen the album plays as expected from track 1. If while playing say track 1 I then decide I want to play track 5 I tap track 5 and track 5 plays. When track 5 completes instead of next playing track 6 track 7 plays.
  3. The play button at the top of the screen does not appear until I have rotated the tablet through 90deg. I also have an Android phone running gingerbread (2.3.6) and on this the play button appears but does not function until the phone is rotated.

Other than the above this is a great app and I am very grateful to those who develop it.

Regards,

Chris

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-01-30

First of all I would check in your xbmc configuration if you have enabled following option since I suspect it does not play the next song if you use the local queue.
System -> Settings -> Services - Remote control -> Allow programs on other systems to control xbmc

To point 1)
Here is what happens: If you hit play (on a song) music pump will add the song to the end of the xbmc queue and start playing it without removing existing songs

I will not change the behavior to reflect the official remote or to the way xbmc handles it simply because I find it very annoying if you take some time to create a playlist and then you click play instead of queue which kills the whole playlist and you can start over.

Maybe I can add an option to "Play from here" when you long press on a song which will do what you want.

Point 2)
When using xbmc queue, xbmc will play the next track in the queue. The queue may not be up to date on your phone if you have forgotten to enable the following option in xbmc: System -> Settings -> Services - Remote control -> Allow programs on other systems to control xbmc... or shuffle may be on and it plays another song than the one you expected

Point 3)
Sounds like a bug, however I was not able to reproduce it. Which android version did you use and to which play button do you refer (the one in the actionbar from the music section? ) Does it queue the songs on xbmc when you click it?

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - whitts1 - 2014-01-31

Hi

I'm new to xbmc music pump and really pleased so far. I bought the unlocker as happy to support good projects.
I have a few feature requests but not sure how practical they are

1. In the now playing screen would it be possible to show the album description from the nfo file. Would be really great to have a bit more info on the now playing screen
2. Appreciate this may not be possible but having spinning cdart on the now playing screen would be amazing

Thanks

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-02-01

1) Showing the album description on that screen is probably not a very useful thing since it the info will change as soon as you jump to the next song and there will be no way to prevent this. Adding a link on the album cover to show the album information would probably be more useful.

2) I don't think that I can retrieve cd art from xbmc.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - whitts1 - 2014-02-01

Hi

Thanks for the reply - I'm really wondering of ways to make the now playing screen a little more content rich considering the amount of metadata and artwork that xbmc pulls down.

I appreciate what you say about the info changing but would this only be the case if you were using a playlist. Surely if you are simply playing an album the info will remain the same.

I wonder if it would be possible to have two different screens to the right of the album art which you can swipe between (this functianality is available on other screens). So then one screen is the que of songs and the second screen is album info including description. That to me would look really nice.

Also was wondering whether you could set the fan art as the background for the now playing screen.

In terms of the cdart, xbmc saves it as a cart.png file in the album folder so the same place as folder.jpg which is picked up for album art.

I now that aeon nox uses cdart.png.

Sorry for the list of I wants - just a bit over keen I suppose being new to this brilliant app

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - whitts1 - 2014-02-01

Hi

Sorry to post again but I've also found a bug in TV shows. When you go into a TV shows specials, rather than listing just the specials (ie those named s00.exx) it actually lists every episode for that TV series.

Is this something you could look at?

Thanks

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-02-03

For the tv shows bug I have to check what is returned by xbmc. Maybe it returns all episodes if I query for season 0. Thanks for reporting the problem.

Fanart is normally in landscape so using it as a background in now playing screen doesn't look that great on phones. But maybe on tablets it will look better... I will take your ideas as an input for further improvements but cannot promise anything for the moment.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - dandnsmith - 2014-02-03

I'm still unable to get music (playing on my RaspBMC installation, and started from my android tablet) audible on my tablet, and have tried a number of variations
I wonder if I have the start conditions right, as the most I achieve is to stop the music on RaspBMC.
I saw a post where the user refers to installing XBMC on his tablet - is this necessary?
I'm referring to post #481 and your reply.
here is a set of screenshots on the tablet as I try to switch to hearing on the tablet, using the loudspeaker icon at the top.
I'd appreciate any help.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - whitts1 - 2014-02-03

Thanks for looking at the tv show bug. It seems very odd considering other tv series work well.

Thanks also for taking the "now playing" ideas on board - I appreciate that any of these you think are worth incorporating would be part of a long term roadmap.