Kodi Community Forum
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Music Pump Kodi Remote (/showthread.php?tid=131303)

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-02-04

(2014-02-03, 10:34)dandnsmith Wrote: I'm still unable to get music (playing on my RaspBMC installation, and started from my android tablet) audible on my tablet, and have tried a number of variations
I wonder if I have the start conditions right, as the most I achieve is to stop the music on RaspBMC.
I saw a post where the user refers to installing XBMC on his tablet - is this necessary?
I'm referring to post #481 and your reply.
here is a set of screenshots on the tablet as I try to switch to hearing on the tablet, using the loudspeaker icon at the top.
I'd appreciate any help.

I suppose your problem is that you are starting music playback from the "files" tab and then try to stream music to your device. You need to start music playback from the "music" tab because this will queue the songs in the local queue (the one you will see in "now playing"). Queuing songs from the files tab will queue the songs on xbmc and when you switch output it will simply stop xbmc playback since the local queue is probably empty.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - dandnsmith - 2014-02-05

Thanks for that thought - I'll try to do that, 'tho I thought I was starting from the music tab, hence the confusion.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Flemmy - 2014-02-05

Hello,

first time poster. The question may be answered before, but 50 forum pages were too much to read.

Question: When browsing video files from the phone, and clicking the back button, it jumps to the top of the previous folder. Is it possible to configure the app to remember where I was?

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-02-05

I had some performance and memory problems long time ago so I changed the file browser that it does not keep the previous folders in memory therefore loosing the position in the previous folder. I think that it shouldn't be that hard to remember the previous folder and automatically scroll back to that position. Will try to fix that for next release

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - dandnsmith - 2014-02-06

Further to your reply (post 496), I added to my music library on the RaspBMC system - but I cannot see anything of that activity from Music Pump under the music tab. Looking from a Win7 PC I can see the added albums and songs, as I can also from a Humax box (both using DLNA). Just to check I added some different song sources on a second RaspBMC installation (slightly different build) - and the results don't appear on Music Pump either.

I really don't know where to start looking now - could you offer any clues?

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-02-06

1) Make sure you have also scanned your music into the xbmc library http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adding_music_to_the_library
2) From the start screen of music pump long-press on the server and long press on "refresh music". This will force a refersh of the music cache. A raspberry pi is slow so it may take some time if you have a lot of songs until it is complete

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - dandnsmith - 2014-02-06

Thanks for the quick reply.
Before reading it, I had already achieved working status with both the accessible Pi systems, and I have no idea whether i accidentally did a refresh of the server(s), but I was fiddling about in that area trying to see if I could change parameters.
The thing I know I did was to change one Pi system from webserver on port 80 to 8080 - and then I found it working.
After observing that I tried changing Pi B system webserver from port 8080 to 80 and back, and then noticed that working.

I'm grateful for the help, and concur with others that this is a really great app, even if I haven't worked out how to do everything yet

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - whitts1 - 2014-02-06

Hi

Sorry to post again with more 'I wants' but is there any chance that the remote could be set to ignore 'the' for movies and TV in the same way they are ignored for music

Thanks

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-02-14

(2014-02-06, 19:29)whitts1 Wrote: Hi

Sorry to post again with more 'I wants' but is there any chance that the remote could be set to ignore 'the' for movies and TV in the same way they are ignored for music

Thanks

Just implemented it for movies. For TV shows xbmc doesn't seem to return the proper order.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - rsiebert - 2014-02-16

Hi
first of all, thanks for this great app. I prefer it over Yatze due to the intuitive music/video queue feature and the much better design!
But I got two issues here with the unlocked version.

- Favorites are empty, but in xbmc I have some movies and internet radio stations set as favourites
- The currently playing screen shows nothing when I play music from an addon like di.fm, sky.fm or others.
- Streaming with the addon does not work for me. I have upnp sharing enabled. mx player is installed and gives me the error "can't play video".

As a note: These features do work in Yatze.

Thanks and cheers
Robert

AW: Music Pump XBMC Remote - olarf - 2014-02-17

This app is pretty good and offers exactly what I was looking for. But I have a Problem since i change my xbmc Installation. I can connect and find my stuff but i find my music only unser data. In the music area i See nothing. It say that a media cache was found and then nothing happen and no music is viewable. Under data i find all music and play it but i cant stream it via my phone anymore. I use Frodo 12.3 before and now. I also try to rescann my libary but i find no Option for it. Any Idea what I do wrong?

Edit: I just See the stream addon and will try if it fix my Problem about streaming while im sure I was able to stream 2 weeks ago without it and also with the free Version (I use the pro Version actually).

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-02-17

(2014-02-16, 23:27)rsiebert Wrote: Hi
first of all, thanks for this great app. I prefer it over Yatze due to the intuitive music/video queue feature and the much better design!
But I got two issues here with the unlocked version.

- Favorites are empty, but in xbmc I have some movies and internet radio stations set as favourites
- The currently playing screen shows nothing when I play music from an addon like di.fm, sky.fm or others.
- Streaming with the addon does not work for me. I have upnp sharing enabled. mx player is installed and gives me the error "can't play video".

As a note: These features do work in Yatze.

Thanks and cheers
Robert

The favorites are "local" favorites in the app. You can long-press on any item/folder in the files tab and add it to favorites. I have added this feature before it was possible to retrieve and modify favorites directly on xbmc

For the second point, there is a known limitation when starting playback through an addon that the currently playing item will not show proper metadata

For the streaming part what xbmc version are you using? If you are a nightly build can you try to temporary disable the password in the web interface to see if you still get the same error?

(2014-02-17, 00:17)olarf Wrote: This app is pretty good and offers exactly what I was looking for. But I have a Problem since i change my xbmc Installation. I can connect and find my stuff but i find my music only unser data. In the music area i See nothing. It say that a media cache was found and then nothing happen and no music is viewable. Under data i find all music and play it but i cant stream it via my phone anymore. I use Frodo 12.3 before and now. I also try to rescann my libary but i find no Option for it. Any Idea what I do wrong?

Edit: I just See the stream addon and will try if it fix my Problem about streaming while im sure I was able to stream 2 weeks ago without it and also with the free Version (I use the pro Version actually).

You can only stream Music which is in your library => visible in the "Music" tab. On the server selection screen of Music Pump long-press on the server name and select "refresh music". This should refresh the music index

The streaming addon is only needed for video...

AW: Music Pump XBMC Remote - olarf - 2014-02-17

Many thanks, this seems to explain all my issues. I will try it tomorrow and guess I can enjoy then again your great app.

Edit: I follow your hints and it works perfect now!!!

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - rsiebert - 2014-02-20

Hi,
thanks for the explanation. I use the nightly from 17.12.2013.
Streaming videos indeed works when the password is disabled. Any plans to make it work with a password?

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-02-20

I changed something which makes it fail when password are enabled in nightly builds... I can revert back to using upnp urls which will work with enabled passwords until I find a good way to pass basic auth credentials to external media players. Next version will work again with enabled passwords

If you are using a stable build it should work with password but you have to enable the upnp server on xbmc.