Kodi Community Forum
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Music Pump Kodi Remote (/showthread.php?tid=131303)

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-12-04

If you compress the file it is probably small enough to send by email. Otherwise you can upload it to Google drive, dropbox etc and send me a link

You can find the email in the play store contact info or inside the app.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - steelhouse - 2014-12-10

It's a little unclear to me if this remote supports playlists?

I've been using Yatse, which can start a playlist, but then just stops after the first song.

Does this app enable me to play my playlists?

Also, does the app support to create playlists?, like one for one type of music and one for another?

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-12-10

Take a look at the first post of this thread. You probably did not enable the setting below in bold and the server icon is yellow

Setup Instructions:
In XBMC go to System -> Settings -> Services and enable the following settings:
- Webserver -> Allow control of XBMC via HTTP
- Remote control ->Allow programs of this system to control XBMC
- Remote control -> Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC

FAQ:
- Yellow server icon: Usually the option “Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC” has not been enabled in xbmc. For more info see http://goo.gl/0EiYzN

Once this is enabled it should play the next song in your playlist.

In xbmc there are two types of playlists
1) Those which you find in xbmc under "Music -> Library -> Playlists": you can play/queue them but there is no api to add or remove songs to these playlists
2) The currently queued items (for music, video, pictures): Managing these playlists is available in the unlocked version from the now playing screen.

The free version uses a local queue on the device itself and starts playing the next song on the media center once it receives an message that playback of the previous song has finished. It has some advantages if you only use it for music

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - topherkhaew - 2014-12-17

Just trying out Music Pump for the first time (with RasPI XBMC).
I have a question and a couple feature requests. Overall I'm pretty impressed. I've been using Yatse but looking for something better due to poor picture viewer handling.

When I try using the Music Genre list it always says "no genres". But I definitely have genre info and XBMC shows them ok. How can I get that to work?

Requests:

I'd like to be able to hide movies inside Movie Sets (similar to how you can hide music compilation albums). I use Movie Sets to help organize my library, eg. put documentaries in a set so they don't get mixed in with other movies, but having them all show up is annoying. XBMC allows for this in it's display so it would be nice if this option were available on the remote.

When viewing Pictures it's quite confusing how it works. I like to browse photos this way but have problems figuring out what it's doing sometimes. Also, when swiping to go to next photo it always flashes the menu on XBMC between photos. That's pretty annoying. It would be much better if it could just show the next photo without going back to menu and then loading photo. I think the slideshow does that but I like to swipe through photos and click to put it up on the big screen.

I'd love to know how to get picture zoom features to work. I know it's supposed to be numeric keypad values but no idea if this works. It would be so nice to find a remote that made it easy as regular android gallery zooming (two fingers). In an ideal world I could select photos to view, set their zoom size, and then play music and save a custom slideshow from that which could be loaded later as if a simple video choice.

Is there a way to see how well streaming works without unlocking? I'd consider doing that if I knew it worked well over most of my home.

Thanks for listening, and hope some of these ideas can make it in someday.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2014-12-17

(2014-12-17, 12:41)topherkhaew Wrote: Just trying out Music Pump for the first time (with RasPI XBMC).
I have a question and a couple feature requests. Overall I'm pretty impressed. I've been using Yatse but looking for something better due to poor picture viewer handling.

When I try using the Music Genre list it always says "no genres". But I definitely have genre info and XBMC shows them ok. How can I get that to work?
It may take quite some time to fully import your music library from a raspberry pi because it is slow. 10'000 songs take ~ 1min to import. Maybe your library is/was not fully imported. When you open the drawer menu there is an option in the actionbar to refresh the music cache.

(2014-12-17, 12:41)topherkhaew Wrote: Requests:

I'd like to be able to hide movies inside Movie Sets (similar to how you can hide music compilation albums). I use Movie Sets to help organize my library, eg. put documentaries in a set so they don't get mixed in with other movies, but having them all show up is annoying. XBMC allows for this in it's display so it would be nice if this option were available on the remote.
Sounds reasonable and would be handy for all my kids videos...

(2014-12-17, 12:41)topherkhaew Wrote: When viewing Pictures it's quite confusing how it works. I like to browse photos this way but have problems figuring out what it's doing sometimes. Also, when swiping to go to next photo it always flashes the menu on XBMC between photos. That's pretty annoying. It would be much better if it could just show the next photo without going back to menu and then loading photo. I think the slideshow does that but I like to swipe through photos and click to put it up on the big screen.
- Swiping left / right changes the pictures on the remote
- If you enable the toggle button on the bottom the pictures will also be shown on xbmc at the same time
- if you tap on a picture it will show on xbmc

The flashing thing is a very annoying limitation in the xbmc playqueue api for pictures

(2014-12-17, 12:41)topherkhaew Wrote: I'd love to know how to get picture zoom features to work. I know it's supposed to be numeric keypad values but no idea if this works. It would be so nice to find a remote that made it easy as regular android gallery zooming (two fingers). In an ideal world I could select photos to view, set their zoom size, and then play music and save a custom slideshow from that which could be loaded later as if a simple video choice.
The idea sounds good but I don't know if it is possible to implement something like this with current apis

(2014-12-17, 12:41)topherkhaew Wrote: Is there a way to see how well streaming works without unlocking? I'd consider doing that if I knew it worked well over most of my home.
Basically the app retrieves the file url from the xbmc upnp server and sends it on your favorite video player on your device. It will depend a lot on your wifi and video player how well it works.
You can browse the xbmc upnp server using an app like bubbleupnp which will do the same to see how well it works.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - kupi - 2015-01-05

I have noticed a few issues since a while that I think might be related to each other:

*I have the app set to use the XBMC playlist instead of the app's own playlist. When I open the app I often get directly to the "now playing" screen which is then not showing the XBMC playlist but the songs I had last played when still using the app's internal playlist. When this happens the remote buttons do not work until I leave that screen. At some point I see the hint at the top "logging in 192.xxx.xxx.xxx" or something. Then the play button etc. work again.

*This does also happen every now and then when switching back to the remote app. I then have to go back one layer or e.g. change from music to videos to toggle the "logging in" hint to get the remote buttons back to working.

*The widget tends to disappear a lot although media are still playing

I think all of this might be caused by my android setting to turn off WLAN when the screen is turned off to save energy.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2015-01-07

I tried to set my device to turn off wlan when the screen turns off to reproduce the issue. I am not sure but I suppose that it happens when the app gets killed in background while locked. When you unlock the screen the app opens again before wifi is ready => it fails to reconnect and will try again as soon as you change to another screen. I will try to figure out why the buttons don't work

The notifications probably disappear because the app gets killed in the background. There is nothing preventing the phone from going to sleep when using the xbmc queue. So android can close the app at any time. If you use the local queue, there is a wifi lock to prevent the phone from sleeping / turing off wifi. So you probably don't see the issues when using the internal queue

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - kupi - 2015-01-07

It is possible that these problems came up more and more in the last time because I switched to using Firefox for android which is a real heavyweight compared to most of the other browsers out there...

But still it is weird that the app often goes to the internal queue after I start it although it should be disabled.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - bwaslo - 2015-01-08

Apologies for the dumb question here. I'm completely new to the idea of XBMC or Kodi. I want to get a media center going to be able to play FLAC files from a connected hard drive out to an HDMI output for connection to an HD receiver, but WITHOUT having to have the HDTV screen showing anything (or better, without even having an HDTV screen present) to allow for control of file playing. It looks like the Music Pump might be the way to do this (I already have an Android phone, and could easily get an Android pad as well).

Finally, the question: Does it matter which XBMC box I get to do this with? Other than an HDMI connector, a USB port to connect the hard drive with, and a built-in wi-fi function, do I need anything else to set this all up? Better yet, can anyone suggest a not-expensive model XBMC box to buy?

Thanks!

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - integrityjason - 2015-01-08

(2014-11-03, 20:21)Millencolin007 Wrote: I am not sure how much this feature would actually be used since it doesn't take long to start playing the next episode. You can skip to the next episode from the notification screen or long-press from the tv shows screen to play the next episode.

Further a lot of people are just watching one episode from a tv show per week... in that case this feature becomes useless.

On the other hand it is not going to take a lot of effort to add the queue button ;-) and it may get added at some point
I would also like to second this effort. I use this app primarily in tv shows and movies. A queue button is sorely needed. I queue the next show or movie via another device; it would be great if I could do it all using music pump!

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2015-01-09

@kupi
I wasn't able to reproduce the issue that the app reverts to the local queue in now playing screen

@bwaslo
You can use the app without screen for music playback. This was the initial idea of the app. You can use an old PC that may be lying around or get one of these new silent small factor PCs/android boxes. I have no experience with any of these but there's a lot of info in the forum

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - kupi - 2015-01-09

@bwaslo: Two years ago the raspberry pi would have been exactly what you are looking for but lately there are a lot of different android boxes in this price range that you should check.

(2015-01-08, 03:38)integrityjason Wrote: I would also like to second this effort. I use this app primarily in tv shows and movies. A queue button is sorely needed. I queue the next show or movie via another device; it would be great if I could do it all using music pump!
You can also use a plugin like LazyTV that can automatically start the next episode of the series you're watching if it's in the library. It also has a lot of other cool features.

Quote:@kupi
I wasn't able to reproduce the issue that the app reverts to the local queue in now playing screen
Okay, I'll just try reinstalling the app later, maybe that gets rid of the problem.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - bwaslo - 2015-01-10

Thanks kupi and Millencolin. I'll go shopping for an Android XBMC box.

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - bwaslo - 2015-01-21

I just installed, and it seems pretty nice. But I am not a person who listens to background music, nor who uses preset playlists, I usually listen as if from a CD player -- where I want the next track on the album to play unless I manually decide to play something else at the time (I'm usually an active listener). At present the player always stops after one song that I've selected to play, kind of disconcerting when I'm used to hearing the next album track start up!

Is there anyway to have it just proceed to the next album track without me having to mess with playlists at all?

RE: Music Pump XBMC Remote - Millencolin007 - 2015-01-21

Long-press on the track from which you want to start playback and select "Play from here" from the context menu