Kodi Community Forum
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Music Pump Kodi Remote (/showthread.php?tid=131303)

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - kupi - 2015-03-07

Hi Millen,

Yes, I have enabled kodi queue. This counts for all the cases described above.

I don't know if I have described No. 4 clearly enough, english is not my native language...basically by following these steps you can get music streamed from one android device to another with a kodi device as the middle man. Both android devices have only the remote app installed, none runs kodi itself. So the remote app plays music streamed from another device's app but you can not stop/pause/skip/...playback through the app on the device where the music is playing.
I was just staggered by the fact that this is possible at all... Wink

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - Millencolin007 - 2015-03-10

Music Pump Kodi Remote 2.4 is available in Google Playstore

Release Notes
* Added a sort option in File Mode & Addon sections
* Record PVR channels which are not currently playing
* Playback fix for some addons
* Bug Fixes

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - kupi - 2015-03-15

Hey, I've got another issue. This is only happening on my tablet, not on the smartphone. When you're in a show's episode list, you can't scroll properly because as soon as you lift your finger, the list will jump back to the top.
Also there's this issue with the list often showing every episode two to three times. I think the app might create duplicates when updating the episode list. Most of the time, after a while the duplcates will disappear again.

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - Millencolin007 - 2015-03-16

I can't reproduce the issue on my tablet. Which android version is your tablet running so I can try to check in the emulator to see if it is something related to a specific android version?

I have seen occasionally duplicate episodes however as soon as you go back and reopen the list of episodes they should disappear since the whole list of episodes gets reloaded from kodi and existing data gets cleared. I have a feeling that it happens when I am not properly connected to kodi or maybe on slow devices.

Also in case you rename episodes it can happen that you get duplicate but then they would also be visible in kodi itself and one of the files does not work

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - kupi - 2015-03-16

No no, the duplicates are only in the app's list. The duplicates are also visible when the app is not on the same network and thus can't connect to the server. I counted a maximum of 7 duplicates at one pont Smile When the app can connect, the duplicates disappear after a while. Both my devices are rather slow... The smartphone is running 4.1.2 (Samsung) and the tablet runs 4.1.1(toshiba). I see the duplicates on both devices but the scrolling issue only appears on the tablet

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - Rovano - 2015-03-17

Hi,

I am using Kodi 14 on a Asustor AS5104T Nas (Linux).
Chose this configuration for its SPdif output driving a DAC and a tube amplifier.
Kodi plays in library mode.

I recently installed Kodi Music Pump (full version) on an android tablet to control the NAS.
When selecting music, I always sort by files instead of sorting by albums or artist.
Every album is placed in a separate folder.
When I select an album folder, I choose the first number of this particular album.
After the number has finished, it does not continue to the next number but stops.
This is not the case when I play Kodi controlled on the NAS directly.
What can I do to make Music Pump play an entire album without stops?

Thanks in advance for your reaction,
Rovano

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - Millencolin007 - 2015-03-17

From your description it seems that you are not using the Kodi Music Library and are browsing your music through Sources -> Music.
If you select a file inside a folder it will only start playing that single file. To play the entire folder you need to use the play button in the actionbar on top

You get a much better experience if you scan your Music into the Kodi Library and then use the Music section to play music.

I would also verify if the server icon in the navigation drawer is green. If it's yellow / orange then you probably forgot to enable the following setting in Kodi:

Settings -> Services -> Remote control -> Allow programs on other systems to control kodi

If it is disabled Music Playback will stop after playing one song

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - Rovano - 2015-04-06

Thanks Millencolin007,

I got all the settings right now, so I am able to play Kodi in the ‘Music section’ mode. Although, as you say, this gives a better experience, I still prefer to play in the ‘File source mode’. I have all my albums organized in folders. The File source mode gives me an immediate overview of all my music, as I am used to when playing music directly from a windows computer using Media Monkey. To give you an idea of how I organized my music; I use two main folders:
1 = Mp3’s
2 = Lossless
I do not have the time, nor the patience to retag all my music files in order to reach the same results while playing in the ‘Music section’ mode.
Automatic retagging is not an option for me, as it has proven to be not accurate at all.
It would be nice to have the same options in the ‘File source mode’ as under ‘Music section’.

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - xabih - 2015-04-06

When I power-off my Kodi device the actual song continues playing at my phone, I don't want this, is there any way of disabling this feature? I can't find the option.

Thanks.

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - Millencolin007 - 2015-04-11

(2015-04-06, 00:03)Rovano Wrote: Thanks Millencolin007,

I got all the settings right now, so I am able to play Kodi in the ‘Music section’ mode. Although, as you say, this gives a better experience, I still prefer to play in the ‘File source mode’. I have all my albums organized in folders. The File source mode gives me an immediate overview of all my music, as I am used to when playing music directly from a windows computer using Media Monkey. To give you an idea of how I organized my music; I use two main folders:
1 = Mp3’s
2 = Lossless
I do not have the time, nor the patience to retag all my music files in order to reach the same results while playing in the ‘Music section’ mode.
Automatic retagging is not an option for me, as it has proven to be not accurate at all.
It would be nice to have the same options in the ‘File source mode’ as under ‘Music section’.

The whole app logic around the music library is based on songid's. Music which has not been scraped into the library has no song id and thus I can't just add the same features for file source mode without rewriting a lot of code.

There are also a couple of technical issues which cause a lot of problems when trying to implement more features in file mode: Playing a directory recursively, adding a lot of songs to the queue can freeze Kodi for a moment, song order is not always respected. But if you just want things like: Queue Next, Play from here etc.. that could be added

(2015-04-06, 09:00)xabih Wrote: When I power-off my Kodi device the actual song continues playing at my phone, I don't want this, is there any way of disabling this feature? I can't find the option.

Thanks.

No there is currently no setting for this. If kodi is turned off it switches to local playback mode and starts playing the current song if it is available offline. I can take a look at the code to prevent it from playing files locally.

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - kupi - 2015-04-11

Quote:But if you just want things like: Queue Next, Play from here etc.. that could be added
It would be cool to add these options (especially "queue next") to artists and albums in the normal library, too, not just single songs.

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - Rovano - 2015-04-12

Something went wrong.....

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - Rovano - 2015-04-12

(2015-04-11, 10:08)Millencolin007 Wrote: There are also a couple of technical issues which cause a lot of problems when trying to implement more features in file mode: Playing a directory recursively, adding a lot of songs to the queue can freeze Kodi for a moment, song order is not always respected. But if you just want things like: Queue Next, Play from here etc.. that could be added

Well, every extra feature that would make playing in 'file mode' easier, is a welcome addition!

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - jaspreet - 2015-04-15

Very cool looking UI.
So I clicked on the cast button , selected phone, Then using the remote I navigated to a Add-on Streaming video and it played but no audio came through the phone. Am I missing something?

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - Millencolin007 - 2015-04-15

The cast button works for music playback only. When you select another sound output it will switch playback to that output. This can be local playback, Bluetooth, chromecast etc