Kodi Community Forum
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Android Music Pump Kodi Remote (/showthread.php?tid=131303)

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - armyofme - 2022-01-17

Yes that's right, using the volume keys on Android.

Fingers crossed it gets sorted soon. Thanks for your reply Smile

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - Hypertown - 2022-01-22

Since a couple of weeks the artists overview is not shown in complete alphabetical order anymore. Most artists are in order, but newly added artists seem to be added at the bottom and a few artists are randomly shown in incorrect places. Kodi itself shows ok, but it happens in Music Pump on both Android devices that I use it on. I tried cleaning the library and also refreshed music in Music Pump. Anyone else seeing this behaviour?

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - teranex - 2022-04-04

I just upgraded to the full Kodi Remote version to be able to download music for offline listening. However, this does not fully work as expected. For some albums it works: I add them to the newly created 'offline' playlist and Kodi Remote starts downloading the tracks. For other albums I add then to the offline playlist and nothing happens. I can stream these albums from Kodi to my phone through Kodi Remote so it has access to the files. But for some reason does not download then, while it downloads others without problems. Yatse has no problem downloading all of those albums, but that stubbornly stores all the downloaded music in an app-specific directory, making them unavailable for other media players, which is exactly what i'm hoping to solve with Kodi Remote.
And an additional problem I encounter: for most (but not all) of the albums Kodi Remote succesfully downloads the album art is missing, eventhough the album art correctly shows up in Kodi (and the cached library)

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - Millencolin007 - 2022-04-04

For the missing album art:
I am using a mysql setup and fetching songs with thumbnails was ~10 times slower than when using the default setup. Therefore I changed the song import function to fetch all songs without thumbnails and then populate the song thumbnails using the album thumbnails. I recently realized that this leads to some side effects. e.g some singles don't show album art, or if you have albums containing songs with different album art, all songs will show the same thumbnail. I will probably revert this change in the next release and keep an option in the settings for faster library update

For downloading your files offline:
It is difficult to say what the issue is. Android forces developers to use the scoped storage feature since version 10 ( it is full of bugs, especially around the permissions to add songs to playlists ) and I tried to fight my way around them. Some things you could try:
- Refresh the music cache to be sure everything is up to date
- Try downloading the files to a new playlist ( in case there are some issues with playlist permissions )
- If the rest didn't work. try to temporary rename your music folder and download one of the failing albums to see if that works

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - teranex - 2022-04-04

(2022-04-04, 21:49)Millencolin007 Wrote: For the missing album art:
I am using a mysql setup and fetching songs with thumbnails was ~10 times slower than when using the default setup. Therefore I changed the song import function to fetch all songs without thumbnails and then populate the song thumbnails using the album thumbnails. I recently realized that this leads to some side effects. e.g some singles don't show album art, or if you have albums containing songs with different album art, all songs will show the same thumbnail. I will probably revert this change in the next release and keep an option in the settings for faster library update
I just had a look at one album which was missing the album art. This had no album art embedded in the audiofiles but only a Folder.jpg in the directory (which Kodi picks up as the album art). The album which did show the art had the album art embedded in the files. I generally keep my album art as a separate file inside the album directory as it avoids duplicating the same art in every file of an album.
One important remark: both albums correctly show the album art in the Kodi Remote library. What seems to be missing is that Kodi Remote does not download the separate album art, thus other mediaplayers can only show the album art if it was originally embedded in the audiofiles
(2022-04-04, 21:49)Millencolin007 Wrote: - Refresh the music cache to be sure everything is up to date
I already tried refreshing and completely removing the app to start fresh but that didn't make any difference.
(2022-04-04, 21:49)Millencolin007 Wrote: - Try downloading the files to a new playlist ( in case there are some issues with playlist permissions )
Also tried that before posting. Downloading to a new playlist didn't help.
(2022-04-04, 21:49)Millencolin007 Wrote: - If the rest didn't work. try to temporary rename your music folder and download one of the failing albums to see if that works
Ok just tried that: renamed `~/Music` to `~/Music_` and created a new Music directory. But again no difference. I tried to download one of the problematic albums to a new offline2 playlist. I can see a offline2.m3u file being created in the new Music directory, but if I open that with a text editor it is completely empty. Then I tried again with another album and that other album worked and the tracks where added to the offline2.m3u file.
One thing I noticed is that all the problematic albums seem to be music I purchased from Bandcamp and downloaded in ogg format. At first I thought the ogg-format might be the problem but then I tried with an CD that I had ripped in the past to ogg vorbis and that one downloaded without problems.

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - Millencolin007 - 2022-04-04

Since the app creates .m3u files I suppose your device is running android 12...

I had a quick look at the code: Up to android 10 the folder.png file is stored in the music folder. For newer versions I have to write the album covers into the app specific folder because of the scoped storage restrictions ( or you would get a nice popup for every file the app tries to download). I don't have a good solution for that at the moment.

Do the ogg files get downloaded somewhere into the music folder (is it just missing in the m3u file)? Maybe something fails when android tries to parse the files and doesn't add them to the playlist / aborts the download. Currently I only have the android emulator to do some tests on android 12+

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - armyofme - 2022-05-04

Hi so apparently now Android allows volume casting again but volume keys only work if I have Local Queue selected and have the Volume box open. Is there anything that can be done to bring the casting back? I'm not a fan of the Local Queue mode but can't alter the volume at all in Kodi queue now.

RE: Music Pump Kodi Remote - Millencolin007 - 2024-03-03

After a long break without updates Music Pump Kodi Remote 5.0.0 is available in Google Playstore

Changes:
* Many bug fixes
* Fixes to support current android versions
* Layout changes
* New theme colors
* Added many missing translations