Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Music Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=303)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists (/showthread.php?tid=132623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - tcerka - 2014-05-08

Can any one hazard a guess as to why only some of the info from this artist.nfo file is being picked up by this display of artist information from the context menu? Genre and styles show up but moods as well as years active and instruments do not. What part of the system is responsible for/handles display of data from the artist.nfo file?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - akladnig - 2014-05-11

I have a problem when scanning artist names with a "-" in the name, eg. The B-52s, Blink-182 or Area-7 all of these artists are in the AudioDb and MusicBrainz - is this a known issue?
I would prefer not to create .nfo files for these artists.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - AngryFarmer - 2014-05-18

I'm so disappointed in XBMC. I can't understand, why it never work as supposed? I've been using XBMC for years, and it's always a pain in the arse to setup the database, share it among different setups, etc. I'm now using Plex in most cases - what a relief, all I had to do is to show a path to my media folder once, and no hassle with setting up scrapers, etc., even for Russian movies. Yes, sometimes it fails to detect a movie, but this can be easily resolved using an awesome web-interface, which XBMC could never make, instead of collaborative web-project, there are a bunch of useless web-interfaces, which doesn't work in most cases.

Recently I had my internet off and couldn't stream a movie to a chromecast, so I had to switch back to xbmc, had to upgrade to XBMC 13, but still the same!
Why you don't pay attention on this feature? The media database is a heart of your product, it should work with no hassle, but now - sorry, it's an early beta...

There is an image for one of the albums on allmusic.com, but xbmc doesn't see it. I tried all available scrapers with no luck. It's sad, that so much effort is ruined by the lack of attention on a important features.

I'm not blaming anyone, I know XBMC is free (so is Plex, but I don't mind paying them them a premium subscription fee) I just think that when even an US music albums are not being scraped correctly - this is an epic fail.

P.S. AirPlay still doesn't work for ios 7 Sad

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - zag - 2014-05-19

(2014-05-18, 16:59)AngryFarmer Wrote: There is an image for one of the albums on allmusic.com, but xbmc doesn't see it. I tried all available scrapers with no luck. It's sad, that so much effort is ruined by the lack of attention on a important features.

The first post in this thread clearly states the sites we scrape from and its not allmusic. So maybe start there...

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - EvilOzzir - 2014-05-26

I'am having a problem when scrapping albums with special characters like á, é, í, ó, ú. What should I do?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - VelvetKevorkian - 2014-06-08

Has anyone else seen this issue?

A few artists are listed twice, but one has its name aligned left while all other artists are aligned to the middle in certain viewtypes:
(this is not because of the "/", other artists without any special letters are affected as well)

I deleted my music db and rescanned it, but the problem persists.

I'm running the latest version of XBMC, didn't have this problem with any of the Frodo versions.

Re: RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - TeflonDog - 2014-06-08

(2014-06-08, 20:45)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Has anyone else seen this issue?

A few artists are listed twice, but one has its name aligned left while all other artists are aligned to the middle in certain viewtypes:

Have you opened all the files for AC/DC in mp3tag and made sure they all have the exact same spelling?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - VelvetKevorkian - 2014-06-09

They have.
I don't really see a pattern that causes it, some bands get duplicated, others don't.
Also, the duplicated names seems to have some spaces after the letters which cause the duplication.
But none of the tags have those spaces and - as mentioned before - I've only seen this with Gotham builds, not with Frodo.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - DarkHelmet - 2014-06-09

Same here. I don't even know if it's scraper related or not. There have been major changes in the music database in Gotham. They're not very well (if at all) documented though.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - VelvetKevorkian - 2014-06-09

Well, i did a fresh installation of xbmc and scanned my library from scratch, so my guess would be that it is scraper-related.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - redhalo - 2014-06-20

(this is not because of the "/", other artists without any special letters are affected as well)

I'm running the latest version of XBMC, didn't have this problem with any of the Frodo versions.

Just chiming in to say that I have the same issue with several artists. One listing usually just has a single song from an album while the other is missing it.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - VelvetKevorkian - 2014-06-23

Okay, it's the tags.
I've got LED ZEPPELIN three times listed in my library as an artist , every "version" with some albums.
They get listed after which version of IDTag they've been tagged with:

ID3v1 (Id3v1)
ID3v1 (ID3v1 Lyrics3v2)
ID3v2.3

Can this be fixed, pretty please with sugar on top? Smile

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - VelvetKevorkian - 2014-06-25

Is this still being maintained?

Hello?

Bueller..?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - rcrh - 2014-06-25

I've since this too and can't find a pattern in my ID3 tags. I first noticed the problem with every song in an album being showing as a separate album. I think I've tracked that down to greatest hits albums and the year of each song. But I can't find anything that would explain why some of my artists are being listed multiple times. I've also rebuilt my database multiple times.

The one thing I did was to select the option to replace ID3tag info with scanned info but that introduced all kinds of other issues that I didn't like.

The music features of XBMC seem to be the forgotten stepchild these days.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - zag - 2014-06-25

Try removing the tag completely with mp3tag, and then retag them.