Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Music Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=303)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists (/showthread.php?tid=132623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - zag - 2014-12-05

Check with musicbrainz picard that the id3 tag does not contain 2 MBID's.

If it does then you can manually remove them.

[Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - AussieFries - 2014-12-05

Thank you for your quick response. The id3 tags do not contain multiple MBID's. I have even entered the MB Artist ID for Mario Biondi specifically. Unfortunately this didn't help. The scraper keeps adding the 'band' (in this case "the High Five Quintet") as a separate artist under Artists.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - mlu3141 - 2014-12-06

I initially posted this issue here but this thread may be a better place. I'm having a similar issue as a couple of other users. Found in my original post and earlier in this thread here.

My artists cover all four possible combinations of having or not having thumbs and fanart, and I cannot see a rhyme or reason to why. Similarly, some albums will download with no thumbs while others will. This isn't an issue of improperly naming files and tags, etc as 1) I've used this same set of files in the past to create libraries with no issues on Gotham and Frodo (using Helix RC2) and 2) (perhaps more importantly) for almost all of these with no artwork, I can query artist/album info and find art, but the listed current art and often the first result for remote art is blank.

Using 2), I could manually download the art for each artist and album, but with a rather large library, this is simply not worth it (those which download art are rather rare.) Is there a way to force it to delete just the existing artwork and then rescan but ensuring it does not select empty files for artwork? I can post logs if needed, but I'm not sure which ones you would need.

Thanks for any help and sorry to repost an issue, but I found this page and after reading it, I think it is the more appropriate place for my issue. If we can figure out the solution, I'll edit my other post to link to the solution here.

[Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - AussieFries - 2014-12-07

I also experienced that well known artists like Lana Del Rey and The Police (and more) don't receive a thumbnail. I managed to solve this once by deselecting some thumbnail and fanart sources in the scraper settings.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - mlu3141 - 2014-12-08

Do you know which ones you selected, and did you have to delete the library or database first? I've tried a few combinations as you suggested, but I haven't had any luck. It seems is only searching for things that are improperly entered and so don't have any search results (bio, etc). It seems as if it thinks it has fanart for the rest. For example, Bob Dylan has a bio, and you can see several thumbs, but the first two do not display any results.

[Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - AussieFries - 2014-12-08

I just tested selecting only theaudiodb.com under Thumb Sources and it doesn't seem to work.

What works for me is to re-run the Artist scraper. Just right-click any artist in your library and select "Query info for all artists".

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - mlu3141 - 2014-12-08

I tried that to no avail. I'm wondering if the issue isn't something else since I use Yatze as an Android remote and that displays many more thumbs on my table. I can post logs, if that will help, but I don't know how useful they will be. Should I rerun a scan and post the logs from that?

[Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - AussieFries - 2014-12-09

I'm not a developer so I'm afraid I won't be able to assist you any further

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - mlu3141 - 2014-12-10

I appreciate your help, though. For the developers, I went ahead and did another query info for all artists and logged the results here. I don't know if these specific logs are useful, but I can try something like removing and re-adding the library and logging that, if need be. Thanks!

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - AussieFries - 2015-01-23

Please add option to retrieve online info for multiple artists defined in the ID3 Artist field.

Currently multiple artists separated by " / " will be added to the library, but no thumbs and info will be retrieved. (Even though "Override song tags with online information" is enabled and even though MBID's for all artists are present)

Many thanks!

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - DarkHelmet - 2015-02-14

I tried to manually update some artist using the universal scraper with the audio db as my primary scraping source. The scraper can't find any artists even though the artists are definitely available in the audio db. I tried Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Interpol. Could anyone confirm?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - whitebelly - 2015-02-14

(2014-12-06, 22:34)mlu3141 Wrote: I can query artist/album info and find art, but the listed current art and often the first result for remote art is blank.

Using 2), I could manually download the art for each artist and album, but with a rather large library, this is simply not worth it (those which download art

Your symptoms are a bit similar to the ones I described in this thread, but mine was limited to fanart only, no problems with thumbnails. It turned out that my smb shared folder structure was causing the problem, as I did not use the recommended 3 deep structure of "/music/artist/album", but rather a 2 deep structure of "/music/album". This is very non-intuitive that it would mess up fan art display, but it did. The problem existed on my Windows, OpenELEC, and FireTV installations. It is not a scraper issue, but a Kodi issue. I resolved by changing my source to "/Music/Music-FLAC/Album/", deteled my musicdb, rescanned * scraped and all was fine.

If you only have a "2 deep" share structure, Kodi will load up your fanart records for current fanart with a bad URL before you even scrape, and then when you scrape it will not displace the bad URL, and the only way to get it to display is to manually select from the artist info gui. (btw, this issue started in XBMC before Kodi)

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - JoeBlow42069 - 2015-03-06

All Music is not downloading album thumbs for me. Anybody else having this issue, or know of a solution? Running Helix 14.2, V 2.3.1

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - eelcholo - 2015-03-22

im having the same problem here took 35 minutes to download information for depeche mode violator album . i am also not getting any thumbs.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - karmck - 2015-03-23

(2014-12-05, 11:45)AussieFries Wrote: Artists that are not in the mp3 Artist and Album Artist tags keep being added to the library.

"Override song tags with online information" has been disabled.

Example:

The official artist name on Musicbrainz: "Mario Biondi and the High Five Quintet"

However the mp3 Artist tag is only "Mario Biondi".

Yet 2 separate artists are added to the library:

- Mario Biondi

- High Five Quintet

Did I forget something? Or is feature "Override song tags with online information" broken?

I am having the same problem.

Did you find a solution for this by any chance?

Perhaps disabling the "download additional information" makes a difference? Although I don't know if disabling this option will cause no artwork to be downloaded...