Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Music Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=303)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists (/showthread.php?tid=132623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - blubserl - 2015-03-31

i'm also having a similar problem --> see screenshot.
"Override song tags with online information" is also disabled here and no multiple artists in the mp3tags.
it's not a skin issue, also checked it in default confluence...

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - blubserl - 2015-04-19

(2015-03-31, 19:36)blubserl Wrote: i'm also having a similar problem --> see screenshot.
"Override song tags with online information" is also disabled here and no multiple artists in the mp3tags.
it's not a skin issue, also checked it in default confluence...

if anyone has the same problem:
in the meanwhile i deleted my music library and rescanned it with "download additional information" disabled. this way the artists stay correct.
so i guess "Override song tags with online information" is indeed not working correctly...

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - scott967 - 2015-04-20

I don't think your problem is involving the "override song tags" setting. But would need to see your debug log captured while scanning the songs and also all the tags for the songs.

scott s.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - blubserl - 2015-04-20

(2015-04-20, 09:37)scott967 Wrote: I don't think your problem is involving the "override song tags" setting. But would need to see your debug log captured while scanning the songs and also all the tags for the songs.

scott s.

ok...will post it this week. just a normal debug log or any detailed component selected as well?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - aerojustaero - 2015-04-20

Hello
Has XBMC 13 +MySQL configuration
After upgrading to Helix 14.2 (as usually db was not migrated correctly and i had to recreate MySQL DBs & totally rescrape them), i'm getting wrong info from universal artist scraper.

Seems, system pass to scraper empty artist name or something like it So scraper finds first artist (default artist ? and sets it o all songs).

Items tagged correctly (previous version scraped it without problems)
Items stored at SMB storage in following structureSMB://store/music/artist-album/song.mp3
There no .nfo files

Tried deleting sources, changing scraper, deleting database - same situation. most artist gets wrong same artist.

Could somebody help

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - aerojustaero - 2015-04-20

digging deeper

artist table in mysql empty however kodi shows info about strange artist Nakajima Miyuki and correct tracks of AC DC

Code:
mysql> select * from artist where idArtist = 1475;
+----------+-----------+--------------------------------------+---------+-----------+-----------+----------+-----------+----------------+--------------+---------+--------------+----------------+----------+-----------+-------------+-----------+
| idArtist | strArtist | strMusicBrainzArtistID               | strBorn | strFormed | strGenres | strMoods | strStyles | strInstruments | strBiography | strDied | strDisbanded | strYearsActive | strImage | strFanart | lastScraped | dateAdded |
+----------+-----------+--------------------------------------+---------+-----------+-----------+----------+-----------+----------------+--------------+---------+--------------+----------------+----------+-----------+-------------+-----------+
|     1475 | AC/DC     | 66c662b6-6e2f-4930-8610-912e24c63ed1 | NULL    | NULL      | NULL      | NULL     | NULL      | NULL           | NULL         | NULL    | NULL         | NULL           | NULL     | NULL      | NULL        | NULL      |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - whitebelly - 2015-04-21

Looks like you have musicbrainz tags. Have you tried checking them or deleting them on each of the song files in question? Do an Alt-T in MP3Tag.

Does Nakajima Miyuki show up in the artist table? Is that a different MBID?

Make sure there are no nfo files in the SMB://store/music/ directory.
Is SMB://store/ a shared directory? if not, make it shared. Kodi likes two levels above artist-album to be shared or scraping gets fubard (when you don't have separate artist folders, I do it like you). make sure no nfo files there either.
Backup stuff.
Delete your textures db and musicdb.. .might as well delete your thumbnail folders as well at that point.

You should post a log if it keeps up.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - aerojustaero - 2015-04-22

whitebelly thank you

cleared textures.db and thumbnails made test source with ANOTHER NAME AND PATH and place two artsts and it works

today will recreate source with OLD name and try again

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - blubserl - 2015-04-23

(2015-04-20, 14:29)blubserl Wrote:
(2015-04-20, 09:37)scott967 Wrote: I don't think your problem is involving the "override song tags" setting. But would need to see your debug log captured while scanning the songs and also all the tags for the songs.

scott s.

ok...will post it this week. just a normal debug log or any detailed component selected as well?

ok...as promised here are the debug logs, that show the behaviour:

http://xbmclogs.com/poo0oi8zz

the test setup was the following:

create two copies of an affected album, then
1.) scan the first dir without download additional online information enabled
2.) scan the second dir with download additional online information enabled

override song tags was disabled in both cases.

in the second case, the albumartist (764-HERO) gets added to the database (see line 2148)...

in the sqlite db
Code:
select strArtist from album_artist where idAlbum = '1839'
now shows 2 Artists:

"Modest Mouse"
"764-HERO"

--> if i understood the setting "override song tags" correctly this should not have happened.
--> if i would have liked to override tag information with information from musicbrainz db, a separator like , or & is missing and should be added between multiple artists.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - scott967 - 2015-04-23

First, please understand I am just a user but I've spent some time trying to understand how music database works and how it gets updated. I looked at your log, and this is what I see happening:

The scanner sees new files -- 3 song files and adds the songs to the database (I see it doing 6 updates which I think is 3 entries in the "song" table and probably 3 entries in "song_artist" table). I think it doesn't find the album or the artists in the database, so it calls the scrapers.

First it calls Uni Album scraper with this:

Code:
UpdateDatabaseAlbumInfo downloading info for: Whenever You See Fit

CreateAlbumSearchUrl returned
<url>http://search.musicbrainz.org/ws/2/release/?fmt=xml&query=release:%22Whenever%20You%20See%20Fit%22%20AND%20(artistname:%22Modest%20Mouse%22%20OR%20artist:%22Modest%20Mouse%22)</url>

That tells me there is no MBID for the album release in the tags so it is using the Album tag text string to search MB. MB returns 2 results (with MBID). The scraper uses the first one returned (I think this is always the case).

Code:
GetAlbumSearchResults returned
<results sorted="yes">
    <entity>
        <year>US-1998-T#3</year>
        <artist>Modest Mouse</artist>
        <title>Whenever You See Fit</title>
        <url cache="mb-65489a0f-ae8e-459f-9203-92fdd7e074bf-album.xml">http://musicbrainz.org/ws/2/release/65489a0f-ae8e-459f-9203-92fdd7e074bf?inc=recordings+release-groups+artists+labels+ratings</url>
    </entity>
    <entity>
        <year>US-2000-T#3</year>
        <title>Whenever You See Fit</title>
        <url cache="mb-9471d39c-07d4-4f78-8680-6b993a9d6159-album.xml">http://musicbrainz.org/ws/2/release/9471d39c-07d4-4f78-8680-6b993a9d6159?inc=recordings+release-groups+artists+labels+ratings</url>
    </entity>
</results>

The scraper then gets the albums details for the first album result

Code:
ParseMBAlbumArtists returned
<details>
    <albumArtistCredits>
        <joinphrase>&amp;</joinphrase>
        <musicBrainzArtistID>a96ac800-bfcb-412a-8a63-0a98df600700</musicBrainzArtistID>
    </albumArtistCredits>
    <albumArtistCredits>
        <joinphrase></joinphrase>
        <musicBrainzArtistID>c8c21975-7d9e-4eb9-802f-ded3d7493fbf</musicBrainzArtistID>
        <artist>764-HERO</artist>
    </albumArtistCredits>
</details>

and

Code:
ParseMBAlbumArtist returned
<details>
</details>

As you see MB has something called "MBAlbumArtists" and something else called "MBAlbumArtist". This may be part of what causes the problems. From reading some other posts, it seems MB has created new tags (not supported by Kodi) called "artists" and "album artists" The intent is to capture in the "artist" and "album artist" tag what it says on the "record label" which MB calls an "artist credit". Meanwhile the "artists" and "album artists" tags hold the actual "official" artist name as "approved" by MB. I guess the idea is for example, if the artist credit on the label for a song is "Sonny Till & The Orioles" and that is what is put into the artist tag, should that be treated as 2 artists: "Sonny Till", and "The Orioles" or 1? The second artists tag is supposed to resolve that.

In this case MB has the album and songs credited as "Modest Mouse & 764-HERO", treated as 2 artists.

Then Kodi calls the Uni Artist Scraper, first with "Modest Mouse"

Code:
UpdateDatabaseArtistInfo downloading info for: Modest Mouse

CreateArtistSearchUrl returned
<url>http://search.musicbrainz.org/ws/2/artist/?fmt=xml&query=artist:"Modest%20Mouse"&limit=100</url>

Which means the scraper used the (album?) artist text string to query MB.

Code:
GetArtistSearchResults returned
<results sorted="yes">
    <entity>
        <title>Modest Mouse</title>
        <genre></genre>
        <url cache="mb-a96ac800-bfcb-412a-8a63-0a98df600700-artist.xml">http://musicbrainz.org/ws/2/artist/a96ac800-bfcb-412a-8a63-0a98df600700?inc=url-rels</url>
    </entity>
</results>

Then the scraper is using the artist MBID for 761-HERO to query MB

Code:
UpdateDatabaseArtistInfo downloading info for: 764-HERO

ResolveIDToUrl returned
<url>http://musicbrainz.org/ws/2/artist/c8c21975-7d9e-4eb9-802f-ded3d7493fbf?inc=url-rels</url>

I'm not sure if it is getting the MBID from a tag or from the earlier album query. Would help to see tags in your songs.

So at the end of the day there should be a database entry in album table for "Whenever You See Fit" and entries in the artist table for "Modest Mouse" and "761-HERO".

scott s.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - blubserl - 2015-04-24

scott967 thanks for taking your time looking into this. the steps are very well described and make absolutely sense, IF (and that's my point) override song tags with online information is activated.
btw...the musicbrainz id is not part of my tags. i only use the very basic tags + replay gain.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - aerojustaero - 2015-04-26

seems i ve found source of my problems

there was song Music/中島みゆき - 月-WINGS/02 - 紅い河.mp3 shared over smb (and file name lookscorrectly even over smb)

scraper found info about artist, however placed .nfo files in parent folder (Music), so that .nfo has been propagated to all child folders.

seems there is an bug in utf 16 file names processing in scraper or kodi.

thank you for your help

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - scott967 - 2015-04-28

The scraper does not create .nfo files. That only happens if you go to the music settings and export the music library as multiple nfos. It always places the artist.nfo file in the parent folder to the one with the song file. So the only way to make export to multiple files work correctly is to arrange your music like this:

music
\ 中島みゆき
\\月-WINGS
\\\02 - 紅い河.mp3

if you organize this way, album.nfo gets placed in the 月-WINGS folder and artist.nfo in the 中島みゆき folder. Once the nfo files are created, the scraper will use them, so you need to delete artist.nfo that's in the "music" folder. Same thing with artist art jpgs.

scott s.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - pwriesnik - 2015-05-13

I have the problem that sometimes the scraper just doesn't find thumbs or fanart. I then add them manually to the music folder. But those images don't show up after an audio library update. But if I delete the whole Music library and do a fresh rescan, they get picked up. Any way to config the scraper to get those images on a rescan? Thanks!

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - DarkHelmet - 2015-11-23

I can't scrape the artist "Chvrches" with this scraper. Primary source for artist biography is theaudiodb, language German.

The theaudiodb scraper works on the artist (but information can only be scraped in English with that scraper).

Here is a log:

http://pastebin.com/1VQ5N5fx

Also I'm still stuck in a loop when a scraper can't find an artist. If I remember correctly that bug was supposedly taken care of?