Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Music Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=303)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists (/showthread.php?tid=132623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - olympia - 2016-06-08

I think I found something. Will post an updated scraper soon (will do my best for today) to test.

Edit: OK, scraper updated has been pushed to the repo. Please try v3.7.1 whenever it updated on your installation. (will take some time until the mirrors pick the change and then until your Kodi auto-updates the scraper).

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - Hallucyn8 - 2016-06-08

(2016-06-08, 13:50)olympia Wrote: I think I found something. Will post an updated scraper soon (will do my best for today) to test.

Edit: OK, scraper updated has been pushed to the repo. Please try v3.7.1 whenever it updated on your installation. (will take some time until the mirrors pick the change and then until your Kodi auto-updates the scraper).

Many thanks for the quick response. The update isn't showing automatically in Kodi but I have downloaded and updated it manually.

There seems to be some improvement with the new version but still getting a lot of occurrences of the MBID not being picked up and forming URLs with no ID.

What I have found if I go to the artist information page and hit Refresh 2-5 times in a row I will usually get a positive result. (This is pointing at my MusicBrainz mirror so no issue with my connections getting refused).

Something else I have noticed is that when I do get a positive result the Discography information will vary on each successful refresh. I can see 2 or 3 different albums on subsequent refreshes.

As a comparison I've also installed Kodi on my Windows 10 machine and see the same behaviour which would rule out it being a Raspberry Pi issue.

I'm more confused than ever now as I can't see any pattern but if you want any further logs, details or tests let me know. Although I am intrigued as to what the issue is and would to get the scraper working consistently it is getting close to the point where any benefit from the scraper working correctly and consistently is outweighed by the amount of effort I'm putting in. (Which by the way is not a dig at anyone I appreciate the time and effort that is put into creating and maintaining these things Smile)

This was not a motivating comment...

If you're referring to my last comment(s) it was not meant to be negative just that I don't have a lot of time to invest in testing.

That being said if I can help/test further I will when I can.

I was wondering if there was some kind of timeout happening but I will be the first to admit that I haven't got my head round how the scraper actually works and there don't seem to be any errors in the logs at the points that the ID would be returned.

...and I don't have a lot of time either...

You are installing the zip files via addon manager, right? I mean you are not just copying the files to its folder after downloaded, correct?

More fixes are coming in v3.7.2
For potential Discography fix you also need to install metadata.common.musicbrainz.org v2.1.1

Point taken, no offence meant and genuinely appreciate your efforts.

I downloaded the zip file from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/ copied to my Pi and installed from System>Add-ons>Install from zip file

I have now done the same for metadata.common.musicbrainz.org v2.1.1

I have just done a quick test on a single artist and the discography seems more consistent. To give you an idea of what I'm seeing I probably hit Refresh on this particular artist around 9 times and got 4 successful refreshes of the information. 3 out of the 4 of those refreshes seemed to pick up the correct discography for that artist.

I assuming that the discography should only show releases listed on MusicBrainz as "Album"? e.g. it won't show "Album + Compilation", "Album + Remix", etc.

Look forward to v3.7.2 and I have a lot of artists to manually refresh so I should be able to provide some more feedback tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks again for all your efforts and help.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - Smeulf - 2016-06-09

@olympia : I was running in the same issue as @Hallucyn8, and I must thank you for your fast (& furious? sorry bad joke) support !

It seems v3.7.2 fixes the issues with MBID. I will also check the discography on my side and report any errors I can see.

BTW : theaudiodb.com services was down yesterday when I added some new artists, Could it be related with the empty MBID bug? Some sort of cache?

Anyway, I must say I really appreciate your job and the time you give to us! Thanks a lot again.

All the best.

Smeulf

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - olympia - 2016-06-09

(2016-06-08, 23:47)Hallucyn8 Wrote: Point taken, no offence meant and genuinely appreciate your efforts.
Just for clarification. This scraper was working flawlessly for years, then the problems started with Musicbrainz web service. At the same time there were some API changes as well which I haven't spotted, because the symptom was the same as a web service failure. So now that the API changes have been hopefully handled, it should be OK if you are running your own MB mirror. Some fine tuning might be still needed, so please keep me posted.

(2016-06-08, 23:47)Hallucyn8 Wrote: I downloaded the zip file from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/ copied to my Pi and installed from System>Add-ons>Install from zip file
That's correct.

(2016-06-08, 23:47)Hallucyn8 Wrote: I have now done the same for metadata.common.musicbrainz.org v2.1.1
Sorry if I wasn't clear, actually v3.7.2 was also already available at the time of posting.

(2016-06-08, 23:47)Hallucyn8 Wrote: I have just done a quick test on a single artist and the discography seems more consistent. To give you an idea of what I'm seeing I probably hit Refresh on this particular artist around 9 times and got 4 successful refreshes of the information. 3 out of the 4 of those refreshes seemed to pick up the correct discography for that artist.

I assuming that the discography should only show releases listed on MusicBrainz as "Album"? e.g. it won't show "Album + Compilation", "Album + Remix", etc.

Look forward to v3.7.2 and I have a lot of artists to manually refresh so I should be able to provide some more feedback tomorrow hopefully.
Please let me know if it is now any better.

(2016-06-09, 00:36)Smeulf Wrote: @olympia : I was running in the same issue as @Hallucyn8, and I must thank you for your fast (& furious? sorry bad joke) support !

It seems v3.7.2 fixes the issues with MBID. I will also check the discography on my side and report any errors I can see.

BTW : theaudiodb.com services was down yesterday when I added some new artists, Could it be related with the empty MBID bug? Some sort of cache?

Anyway, I must say I really appreciate your job and the time you give to us! Thanks a lot again.

All the best.

Smeulf

Not sure about this. Please test again and let me know in case you still see issues.
...and thanks for the feedback already, it looks promising Smile

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - zag - 2016-06-09

Just a warning that most music brainz mirrors have not updated to the new schema yet so they may potentially cause issues.

We are all waiting for them to release the virtual machine image.

The new regexps in the scraper hopefully will be less prone to errors and will not fail under certain circumstances. I mean at least with regards to the mbid and discography it should work both with the old and new schema (hopefully)...

(2016-06-09, 10:02)zag Wrote: Just a warning that most music brainz mirrors have not updated to the new schema yet so they may potentially cause issues.

We are all waiting for them to release the virtual machine image.

I ran the scraper against both http://musicbrainz.org and http://musicbrainz.fin-alice.de:5000/. So far so good... Don't means there's no more error, but sounds really better.

Cheers,

What kind of errors do you mean?

Sorry, I was not clear enough : Please read "Don't means I won't find any more errors later" Big Grin

For now, remains only the famous 503 error from MusicBrainz because of query limits, no more error with MBID.

Thanks again.

Smeulf.

(2016-06-09, 13:18)Smeulf Wrote: Sorry, I was not clear enough : Please read "Don't means I won't find any more errors later" Big Grin

For now, remains only the famous 503 error from MusicBrainz because of query limits, no more error with MBID.

Thanks again.

Smeulf.

Aha, okay, great, that's a relief... Smile

Please let me know if you see a scraper error in terms of missing info or incorrect fetching.