Kodi Community Forum
Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Picture Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=150)
+---- Thread: Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags (/showthread.php?tid=133905)

RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - Xycl - 2013-06-19

MyPicsDB 12.0.0

Changed:
  • Version changed to 12 due to Frodo (Gotham will get 13).
  • grrr's sugestion for memory mapped files in EXIF parser.
  • Image rating fixed
  • Video import fixed
  • New language files from Transifex
  • New database abstraction layer.

This is the MySql Release Candidate.

If you want to use a central picture database then do the following:
  • You must create a database (this is different from music or video):
    CREATE DATABASE MyPicsDB CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin;
  • Create a user (if not already done for music and movies):
    CREATE USER 'xbmc'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc';
  • give him rights
    GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
  • Go to plugin settings and enable MySql. Set the correct user and password (they are case sensitive)!

Attention:
  • If you already use a central database for video and music then (of course) use the same already existing user!
  • Due to MySql index length constrains the path name of the pictures (w/o the file name) is limited to 200 chars in MySql (not in Sqlite).

2nd Attention:
I had to rewrite a lot of the source code responsible for the database access. Therefore there might be still some bugs (even if you don't use MySql)!

Xycl

RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - jopie - 2013-06-19

Apologies for crossposting this but I am becoming a little desperate. I really appreciate the pictures database and used it all the time in Eden. Unfortunately it has become less than useful for MacMini users with dng files. This is NOT Xycl's fault. His database works fine but as soon as you try to view a dng file XBMC crashes. A separate thread has raised this issue but never got a decent response, despite the fact that people uploaded logs and despite the fact that it is many months old. I really would like anyone to acknowledge the problem and perhaps suggest a solution short of going back to Eden. Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - Robotica - 2013-06-19

(2013-06-19, 18:59)jopie Wrote: Apologies for crossposting this but I am becoming a little desperate. I really appreciate the pictures database and used it all the time in Eden. Unfortunately it has become less than useful for MacMini users with dng files. This is NOT Xycl's fault. His database works fine but as soon as you try to view a dng file XBMC crashes. A separate thread has raised this issue but never got a decent response, despite the fact that people uploaded logs and despite the fact that it is many months old. I really would like anyone to acknowledge the problem and perhaps suggest a solution short of going back to Eden. Any ideas?

RAW support in general is sub par. I started a feature request topic but there is a general lack of interest in RAW-support. I think a stopgap solution could be upgrading CxImage to version 7 but other work is needs to be done to ditch CxImage in favor of FFMPEG (tagloader).

Some recent and good new trac-tickets (with logs!) would help at this time a think. Make sure to use a nightly when reporting since lots of work has been done lately.

ps. please reply in the Feature request topic.

RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - Robotica - 2013-06-19

and @xcyl:
Big up for your continous work and support on this great AddOn. Looks the best picture addon, even for comming Gotham since Garbear (picture) Database work showed no results (yet).

RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - BenAtNVS - 2013-06-22

Great Addon...Whaou!!! I just install it in MySQL mode.Big Grin

But...
Impossible to find browse by person, location and many other options in the list.
I try locally (sqlight) without result.
Is it implemented in this new version?

Thank for this plugin and eExcuse me for my english.

RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - Xycl - 2013-06-22

It's within "browse by tags" menu
There you can find all tags recognized by the parser like person, location etc.

Menu "translate your tags" lets you suppress tags (leave translation empty) or combine tags like 'Country/primary location name', 'Photoshop:Country' and 'Iptc4xmpExt:CountryName' to one 'Country' tag.

RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - BenAtNVS - 2013-06-22

(2013-06-22, 10:29)Xycl Wrote: It's within "browse by tags" menu
There you can find all tags recognized by the parser like person, location etc.

Menu "translate your tags" lets you suppress tags (leave translation empty) or combine tags like 'Country/primary location name', 'Photoshop:Country' and 'Iptc4xmpExt:CountryName' to one 'Country' tag.

Thank you for the quick response.
I understand how to remove and add criteria using the menu translation.
however, I do not find in this list the exif tag "city." I have the GPS coordinates. the city is populated in the file.

RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - Xycl - 2013-06-22

The tags for cities are in IPTC tags 'Photoshop:City', 'Iptc4xmpExt:City' and 'City'.
All three are automatically combined to 'City'.

But there is no EXIF tag for city.
All the camera manufactures have there own EXIF enhancements for city, country etc..
But this is not EXIF standard. Even not in EXIF standard version 2.3
You can use ExifTool to copy the city to an appropriated IPTC field.

GPS coordinates are stored in following EXIF tags
  • GPS GPSLatitude
  • GPS GPSLatitudeRef
  • GPS GPSLongitude
  • GPS GPSLongitudeRef

RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - BenAtNVS - 2013-06-23

(2013-06-22, 13:53)Xycl Wrote: The tags for cities are in IPTC tags 'Photoshop:City', 'Iptc4xmpExt:City' and 'City'.
All three are automatically combined to 'City'.

But there is no EXIF tag for city.
All the camera manufactures have there own EXIF enhancements for city, country etc..
But this is not EXIF standard. Even not in EXIF standard version 2.3
You can use ExifTool to copy the city to an appropriated IPTC field.

GPS coordinates are stored in following EXIF tags
  • GPS GPSLatitude
  • GPS GPSLatitudeRef
  • GPS GPSLongitude
  • GPS GPSLongitudeRef

ok ... I made a small batch. all my photos are now tagged with the city. thank you so much for your guidance.
I spotted a small bug:
if tag 20 photos with a name, it will appear the number between parenthesis after the tag. if we delete 10 photos, we will always appear in front of the tag 20.
I hope you will understand.
Big thank you again for your work

RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - Xycl - 2013-06-24

After changing pictures (deletion of pictures or new pictures) you've to rescan the path.
It's like video or music. Deleting music doesn't automatically remove the artist, album or track from the music database.

RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - BenAtNVS - 2013-06-25

(2013-06-24, 08:47)Xycl Wrote: After changing pictures (deletion of pictures or new pictures) you've to rescan the path.
It's like video or music. Deleting music doesn't automatically remove the artist, album or track from the music database.

sorry, I misspoke.
I've done an update of the database after the deletion of photos.
The pictures do not appear, but the number in front of inscit tag has not diminished.

RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - Xycl - 2013-06-26

Okay, I understood.

I will look on it.

RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - BenAtNVS - 2013-07-02

What's a big work to tag 3 decades of picture !!!! Tongue
perhaps
a bug :
The global search seems returns an error. I use MySQL mode.
Big Thank for your work.

RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - Xycl - 2013-07-02

(2013-06-25, 14:47)BenAtNVS Wrote: I've done an update of the database after the deletion of photos.
The pictures do not appear, but the number in front of inscit tag has not diminished.

1) I confirm this bug. A commit is missing In the DB cleanup function.
2) Creating a period doesn't work with Sqlite.

(2013-07-02, 07:16)BenAtNVS Wrote: What's a big work to tag 3 decades of picture !!!! Tongue
perhaps
a bug :
The global search seems returns an error. I use MySQL mode.
Big Thank for your work.

I'll look on this.
[EDIT] Found the bug.

RE: [RELEASE] MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags - Xycl - 2013-07-02

All currently reported bugs fixed with latest development release from my Github repo.