Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! (/showthread.php?tid=134118)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! - Mossy - 2013-09-16

All platforms are DRM protected.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! - laptopu - 2013-09-16

Is there any chance of getting into a DRM'd stream at all on the Pi? Or is this as good as goosed now C4 have taken this step?

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! - hayvek - 2013-09-16

I think it's just a case of waiting until Gotham is finished (or trying one of the alpha builds if you're feeling a little more ambitious).

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! - MeMeMe - 2013-09-17

Why would Gotham make any difference?

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! - csjjpm - 2013-09-17

(2013-09-16, 11:57)Gushie Wrote: would the streams used for the Youview box be any different?

There will be a Youview encryption key protecting the streams. If someone ever cracks it they will probably just software update the boxes to protect it again. All the main channels are investing in official formats like FTA and Cable so they are going to do everything to protect that.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! - hayvek - 2013-09-17

(2013-09-17, 03:59)MeMeMe Wrote: Why would Gotham make any difference?

I was hoping the SSL stuff that they're talking about adding would help. There's a strong chance that I'm completely wrong. I'm very new to this.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166897

Reading again, it's clearly not. I guess this is dead for the forseeable future. ho hum.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! - laptopu - 2013-09-17

I know very little about working with DRM so I gather although Gotham's talking about lots of things it would appear we're well and truly locked out then? Great shame.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! - VanZan - 2013-10-01

Some geezer over in the new XBMC forum (not sure if I can name it!) called Voinage is claiming he has an addon on the way that will allow 4oD and 5Demand content on XBMC!!!! Mossy what do you think? BS?

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! - Mossy - 2013-10-01

As far as I can see see all that Voinage has said is

Quote:All they need to do is packet sniff the iphone or android app, find the video links.

That's a million miles from

Quote:claiming he has an addon on the way that will allow 4oD and 5Demand content on XBMC

If you have a link to where Voinage actually makes that claim you need to point me directly at it.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! - VanZan - 2013-10-01

Linky

Perhaps it's a wind up and I'm missing the joke.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! - privado - 2013-10-01

His words were to bypass current problems was taking the crunchyroll (i assume addon) route. From what I rememebr it had an alternative stream method that wasn't rtmp related, so another source Huh

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! - Mossy - 2013-10-01

@VanZan Thought you meant xbmchub, that's why I couldn't find it.

It sounds to me like he's assuming that there are simple links to video files used by Android/iPhone, and that those video files are not encrypted or are using an encryption that has been cracked, or for which the decryption key(s) are known. This is how I got the plugin to work with the PS3 version of the 4oD website.

The fact is that the Android and iPhone versions of 4oD are both using HDS/HLS in which each video is streamed in short segments, and each segment (I believe) uses a different decryption key, determined dynamically from information from the server.

If Voinage or anybody else comes up with a way around that DRM then that'd be great and good luck to anyone who tries, but it's not going to be as easy as writing a plugin for Crunchyroll or sniffing a few packets.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! - dlake02 - 2013-10-01

@privado - reading that forum, his comment is that you can sniff the HLS streams and then use an existing addon.

However, as both I and Mossy have said, the 4OD streams are DRM protected. In the case of 4OD, even with the MP4 stream (which is delivered as a manifest .f4m file followed by a set of video portions in .ts files) each .ts file is encrypted. I can quite happily capture the .f4m and .ts, and I can even capture the key files on a playing video.

But I can only do this with the 4OD app. That app requests the key files to decrypt the .ts files per video - my guess is that there is a shared secret and some kind of hashing in the app as everything I have tried does not elicit key files to allow me to decrypt.

4OD is, therefore, off-limits to XBMC right now.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! - privado - 2013-10-01

thanks for the more detailed explanation.

RE: [RELEASE] 4oD (Video) Addon - UK Channel 4 on demand. v.3.0.12 !NOT WORKING! - VanZan - 2013-10-04

** wrong thread **