Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv (/showthread.php?tid=134538)

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - m4xc4v413r4 - 2015-05-02

Can you had another "display titles" option with everything?

As in "viewers - streamer - game title - stream title".

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - testbar - 2015-05-02

I have Sound problems. I am watching The vaingloryleague stream and Sound is totally async. On my ipad everything is Fine. Also on The pc. Only on my Fire tv Stick The Sound is bad

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - goldenpipes - 2015-05-21

(2015-04-30, 09:02)mklcf Wrote: Hi, I friggin love this add-on!
A few questions, and a suggestion:

I see that you are going to 'implement a user authentication'
Does that mean that my time on a certain stream will be logged with that?

Noob question: how do I correctly update the add-on with the github zip? Just copy and overwrite all the files?

And the suggestion: a way to follow a stream/channel from the contextmenu.

is the version in the official repo not the newest version?

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - goldenpipes - 2015-05-21

getting an error trying to play a subscribed archive stream with 1.3.2

Code:
00:35:13 T:74988  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
00:35:13 T:74988  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
00:35:13 T:74988  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/playVideo/v5252310/" matches rule for function "playVideo"
00:35:15 T:78056   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.twitch/playVideo/v5252310/]
00:35:15 T:79284  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Is it just the fact that the addon cant do subscribed archived streams? the stream works fine in Chrome and IE, but i have to be logged in.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - BinaryTB - 2015-05-24

I searched the thread and didn't find anything regarding this, but would it be possible to add a language setting in the Add-on Settings? The filter is mentioned here:
http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/11/finding-relevant-content-based-on-the-language-you-speak/

When I'm going through channels/games looking for something to watch, most of the times I hit non-English channels. I eventually have to switch to (for English only):
http://www.twitch.tv/directory/all/en

then look for a specific English channel and then swap back to Kodi.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - neyoneit - 2015-05-30

(2015-05-02, 20:16)testbar Wrote: I have Sound problems. I am watching The vaingloryleague stream and Sound is totally async. On my ipad everything is Fine. Also on The pc. Only on my Fire tv Stick The Sound is bad

I have same problem with smite game oficial stream "smitegame" audio is off sync on phone/pc its ok but on kodi raspberry pi 2 its terrible...

Anyone has a fix for it?

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - mihawk90 - 2015-05-31

(2015-05-21, 07:38)goldenpipes Wrote: getting an error trying to play a subscribed archive stream with 1.3.2

Code:
00:35:13 T:74988  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
00:35:13 T:74988  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
00:35:13 T:74988  NOTICE: [xbmcswift2] Request for "/playVideo/v5252310/" matches rule for function "playVideo"
00:35:15 T:78056   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.twitch/playVideo/v5252310/]
00:35:15 T:79284  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Is it just the fact that the addon cant do subscribed archived streams? the stream works fine in Chrome and IE, but i have to be logged in.

The addon doesn't have a proper authentication, it just catches the followed stream list from you public profile. Without a proper authentication twitch wouldn't know who you are so this is the reason for pretty sure.

Aside of that I have a little request/problem. When playing one of the past broadcasts (maybe also highlights, idk) it doesn't show the title, but only the path of the video. It shows the title in the list, just not in the video info when playing.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Kahio - 2015-06-05

Hello ! To begin all apologies for my English level...

Do you think is it possible to add the complete account (Login + password), to play subscribed broadcast ?

Thank you so much for your work !

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - neyoneit - 2015-06-28

(2015-05-30, 23:55)neyoneit Wrote:
(2015-05-02, 20:16)testbar Wrote: I have Sound problems. I am watching The vaingloryleague stream and Sound is totally async. On my ipad everything is Fine. Also on The pc. Only on my Fire tv Stick The Sound is bad

I have same problem with smite game oficial stream "smitegame" audio is off sync on phone/pc its ok but on kodi raspberry pi 2 its terrible...

Anyone has a fix for it?
Twitch streams that are off sync with audio, not possible to watch on kodi raspberry pi 2
www.twitch.tv/smitegame
www.twitch.tv/cryaotic

Noone has fix for this?

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - JC123 - 2015-06-29

Hello, Thank you for this great addon!

Over the weekend I was trying to watch CEO 2015 in Team spooky archives & when I try to play the file, it just loads audio with no video. I was using 1.3.1 & then updated to 1.3.3 but still unable to get any video. I am unable to skip forward or backward if this matters at all either.

I tried playing it on my rpi2 & chromebox so I don't think it is a hardware issue, but something changed on twitch's end or Team spooky the way archives are being saved. I did not have any issues was archives of his from several weeks ago at Combo Breaker, but noticed his last few have the same problem with no video. I am able to play the archives fine on my desktop pc from twitch.tv, but would love to watch them on my big screen in the living room from kodi.

I was able to watch other streamers archives from CEO 2015, so not really sure what exactly is wrong with Team Spooky archives. I really hope someone can shed some light on this for me. Thank you!

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/v/6652007
http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/v/6690963

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Piuserr - 2015-07-01

Hi, i am using a raspberry pi 2, i installed kodi to watch stuff like youtube/twitch...'

I got the app for twitch and when i try to watch a steeam it doesent work, it says the stream is currently playing, but all i see is blakc and the play/pause etc buttons.
Am i doing something newby wrong or are you telling me that twitch doesent work on raspberry pi 2? :/

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Xenik - 2015-07-09

Hi,
i am using latest build of OSMC on my rpi2. Long time ago everything was working fine, but after update to Release Candidate of OSMC my twitch steam is constantly buffering (i guess). It plays for a little while and then stops for a longer while. I have my rpi2 connected via ethernet, internet is fine, all other devices i have even over wifi stream without a problem. The problem occurs on every stream i try with all quality settings. They only change the delay between the stops. Any advice on what i should do? I have tried reinstalling my rpi2 and didnt get any result. I have also tried to create the advancedsettings.xml file with various settings i have found around the forums. But this had 0 impact on anything regarding twitch. Other addons like TedTalks or Youtube work without a problem and lag.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot guys

Best regards,

X.

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - ShaithEatery - 2015-07-23

I've been really enjoying the addon so far as I just recently built my first dedicated HTPC with Kodi at the forefront. However, I can't seem to get anything to play in 1080p, whether it is a VOD or live stream. I can confirm that the streams I have been testing with broadcast in 1080p, and can load up a VOD in Chrome and show via the Twitch Video Stats that it is in 1080p when under source quality. I believe that the issue could be related to the addon pulling the high quality version of the VOD as opposed to the Source quality version as when playing the VOD the URL that scrolls by on the Kodi video player shows it under the category of High. Of course, I have the addon set to play the best quality possible, so that isn't it. Is there something that I'm missing as far as Source quality playback? I've tried searching this thread and other various places and there doesn't seem to be much of any discussion about it that I can find which leads me to believe I'm probably missing something obvious. For my setup, I'm running Kodi on Windows 8.1 64 bit with an i7 2700k (so I know it can handle the playback of course), and I am using version 1.3.3 of the addon just downloaded and installed from the main github page. Thanks for any replies!

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - Hulk - 2015-07-23

Hello, i used this addon a long time and it is awesome. but now i have a problem: every time i start a stream the video is in slow motion, but the audio runs okay. any idea what causes this? i have the addon version 1.3.3. i also can watch full hd streams in VLC without problems.

Okay i figured it out myself. it looks like that some streams run at 60fps and that my AMD Zacate e350 is to weak to handle that Sad is there any way to put it down to 30fps? (Example stream: amazhs or masaan)

RE: [RELEASE] Twitch.tv - bld-live - 2015-08-02

Just found this addon... How have I been able to live without until now?! :O

Anyways... I am starting the addon with the api
Code:
http://kodi/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Addons.ExecuteAddon","params":{"addonid":"plugin.video.twitch"}}
but is there a way to also tell it which channel to play like that too?

I was hoping to be able to do something like
Code:
http://kodi/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":1,"method":"Addons.ExecuteAddon","params":{"addonid":"plugin.video.twitch","params":{"channel":"cohhcarnage"}}}
and then have it open the addon and start showing the CohhCarnage channel. Smile