Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Ninyule - 2015-03-26

Hi, I am also a new user. Does MediaElch work ok with the Raspberry Pi? I am trying to update my music artist info via a network-connected Pi running OpenELEC and Kodi 14.1.

Everything seems to work ok, I can save the nfo files no problem, and I can synchronise. However, mostly (but not every time) the Kodi library does not update. I have tried a blanket Update Library in Kodi, and also I have tried refreshing each artist's info and also Query Info for All Artists. Nothing works consistently. In Kodi Settings/Library I have the default service set as Local Only.

Any help would be appreciated!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Powerhouse - 2015-03-26

(2015-03-26, 05:39)ticketwire Wrote: I'd rather not unrar because it saves space having them compressed and kodi is able to play them fine. The movie scraper I used in Kodi was able to get information from them and I'm certain MediaElch can get the info too. For some reason they just don't show up sometimes. I think it has more to do with the directory structure than it does the file type. Also part of the reason I'm using MediaElch is because of the auto renaming. I really don't want to spend time unraring and renaming everything. I'd rather have MediaElch find the data and rename it for me.

So just rename the .rar files correctly. So instead of this...

---Season 6/
--------S06E01/
-------------part1.rar,part2.rar,etc
--------S06E02/
-------------part1.rar,part2.rar,etc

You have this...

---Season 6/
--------S06E01a.rar
--------S06E01b.rar
--------S06E01c.rar
--------S06E02a.rar
--------S06E02b.rar

Again, per the Wiki I linked you, see section 2.3 Split-episode "Up to 9 sub-parts are allowed (using either .1-.9 or a-i)." So hopefully you don't have more .rar files than 9.

Also, if you were wondering (from the Wiki)...

Default extensions for VIDEOS:
.m4v .3gp .nsv .ts .ty .strm .rm .rmvb .m3u .ifo .mov .qt .divx .xvid .bivx .vob .nrg .img
.iso .pva .wmv .asf .asx .ogm .m2v .avi .bin .dat .dvr-ms .mpg .mpeg .mp4 .mkv .avc .vp3
.svq3 .nuv .viv .dv .fli .flv .rar .001 .wpl .zip

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - ticketwire - 2015-03-27

(2015-03-26, 22:43)Powerhouse Wrote: So just rename the .rar files correctly.

Sorry, the files weren't actually named part1.rar, part2.rar, etc. I was just trying to show the directory structure. Here's a better, more accurate example. I have MediaElch set to include movies from a directory called Movies. In that directory, I have a folder called Citizenfour that contains the rar parts for the movie Citizenfour. So overall it looks like this:

Code:
/Movies/Citizenfour/citizenfour.2014.720p.hdtv.x264.r01
/Movies/Citizenfour/citizenfour.2014.720p.hdtv.x264.r02
/Movies/Citizenfour/citizenfour.2014.720p.hdtv.x264.r03
/Movies/Citizenfour/citizenfour.2014.720p.hdtv.x264.r36
/Movies/Citizenfour/citizenfour.2014.720p.hdtv.x264.rar

When I click refresh in MediaElch, this movie is not included in my list of movies. I now believe that the issue is more related to the content being packaged in rar parts rather than the directory structure. Does MediaElch just not support videos in rar parts?

Quote:Again, per the Wiki I linked you, see section 2.3 Split-episode "Up to 9 sub-parts are allowed (using either .1-.9 or a-i)." So hopefully you don't have more .rar files than 9.

I'm not so sure this applies to rar parts. When I previously used a Kodi scraper like Universal Movie Scraper, it was able to get the info for my rar files and have the videos show up in Kodi. This is true for the Citizenfour example above.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Namoi - 2015-03-27

Did you tried to rename them using .01, .02... etc instead of .r01, .r02...

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Powerhouse - 2015-03-27

@ticketwire

I think your question should be more directed at the Kodi General forum, rather than this scraper. As you said it used to work, but now it doesn't. Which doesn't seem to have anything to do with MediaElch, and more like some change that was made in Kodi (maybe even a bug).

And you are correct, because you have the video split into separate .rar files (instead of what I was thinking, a single .rar file for each video part), I'm really not sure how Kodi should work with those. Which again, is why I said you should probably post your question on the General Kodi forum, that a Kodi developer might reply too.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - ticketwire - 2015-03-27

Quote:Did you tried to rename them using .01, .02... etc instead of .r01, .r02...

I'll try this and report back.

Edit: Just tried this and unfortunately it didn't work.

(2015-03-27, 16:51)Powerhouse Wrote: @ticketwire

I think your question should be more directed at the Kodi General forum, rather than this scraper. As you said it used to work, but now it doesn't. Which doesn't seem to have anything to do with MediaElch, and more like some change that was made in Kodi (maybe even a bug).

And you are correct, because you have the video split into separate .rar files (instead of what I was thinking, a single .rar file for each video part), I'm really not sure how Kodi should work with those. Which again, is why I said you should probably post your question on the General Kodi forum, that a Kodi developer might reply too.

It still works with Universal Movie Scraper, I just don't want to use that scraper. I want to use MediaElch instead but it isn't working with my rar parts. I could use Universal Movie Scraper, but I like other features MediaElch offers which is why I want to use it exclusively.

AW: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - puenktchen - 2015-03-27

Why don't you unrar your files? They are not compressed but only packed otherwise Kodi wouldn't play them! So disc space shouldn't matter.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - solamnic - 2015-03-27

@kodi

Scrapping Outline displays like this
The story of a cab driver in Yanji City, a region between North Korea, China and Russia. His wife goes to Korea to earn money, but he doesn't hear from her since in 6 months. He plays ... See full summary » ...

(2015-03-27, 22:06)pĆ¼nktchen Wrote: Why don't you unrar your files? They are not compressed but only packed otherwise Kodi wouldn't play them! So disc space shouldn't matter.

Kodi can play them fine. It's just that MediaElch does not recognize them so I don't have any metainfo and fanart which is why I want to use MediaElch. It may not save much space (if any), but I have many shows and movies like this and I don't want to spend the time or CPU power unraring everything. It would also mean more work down the line if I get more videos in this format and have to repeat the process. I know it's possible for information to be scraped even if they are packaged this way because other scrapers do it. All I am looking for is information on MediaElch's ability to do this.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Powerhouse - 2015-03-27

Since your files start with this...

/Movies/Citizenfour/citizenfour.2014.720p.hdtv.x264.rar

Although I forget where in MediaElch, under the tools section, there is a section for file names to ignore (stuff like 720p.hdtv.x264).

Maybe in this section of stuff to ignore, there is a .rar, so remove that, have MediaElch rescan your Movies, and see if MediaElch can grab the Info and Artwork for that Movie.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - ticketwire - 2015-03-28

Thanks, but I've finally gotten them to show up now. I put a file called advancedsettings.xml in /usr/bin/ with this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <fileFilters>
        <movies>*.avi,*.mkv,*.rar</movies>
        <tvShows>*.avi,*.mkv,*.rar</tvShows>
    </fileFilters>
</advancedsettings>

For some reason it didn't work when I had it in my .local and .config directories but I'm glad this worked. I'm gonna try out scraping now and see how it all goes. Thanks for the help.

Edit: So scraping worked and the TV Show itself showed up in my library in Kodi, however individual episodes were not showing in the library. I discovered that this is because Kodi was looking for the .nfo with the filename of the .mkv within the rar archive. MediaElch had generated a .nfo for each episode based on the name of the .rar file.

I guess a feature request would be to have MediaElch look within the archive and name the .nfo based on that rather than the name of the rar. For now I'm going to look into changing how Kodi searches for .nfo files or write a script that renames them automatically.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - deadman36g - 2015-03-31

I have some episodes titles the following way

Show Name, Part 1 - Episode Name

and

s01_ep_01_Episode Name

short of renaming them, is there anything I can do to get MediaElch to 'find' them?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - _J@n_ - 2015-03-31

(2015-03-31, 03:34)deadman36g Wrote: I have some episodes titles the following way

and

s01_ep_01_Episode Name

short of renaming them, is there anything I can do to get MediaElch to 'find' them?

Hi,

No there isn't, sorry. ME does not allow for custom naming schemes. You might want to try to use FileBot for your renaming if you are willing. But make sure to export your library first (single file etcetera) so FB can rename those files as well. FB is really fast and quite intelligent, I have been using it for some years now Smile

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - deadman36g - 2015-04-01

(2015-03-31, 19:37)_J@n_ Wrote:
(2015-03-31, 03:34)deadman36g Wrote: I have some episodes titles the following way

and

s01_ep_01_Episode Name

Hi,

No there isn't, sorry. ME does not allow for custom naming schemes. You might want to try to use FileBot for your renaming if you are willing. But make sure to export your library first (single file etcetera) so FB can rename those files as well. FB is really fast and quite intelligent, I have been using it for some years now Smile

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_

Thanks for the tip, saving my original filenames to a txt and renaming the rest with filebot.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Tatts4Life - 2015-04-02

I need help with figuring out the TV series Invader Zim. It was a half hour show that showed two 15 minute episodes. My issues is i used IMDB to figure out how many episodes and seasons they had since Amazon labeled them weird. So used IMDB and labeled the episodes right as S01E01 and S01E02. The problem is that MediaElch says that S01E02 is the second half of the first episode. Can I find out where MediaElch scrapes TV shows from so I can label the files right?