Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - mohamedselim - 2015-07-09

Great app scrapped all my movies with it
Suggestion for future versions:
1-Mass tagger to mass tag movies work as the mass movie set feature
2-home movies feature to manually scrape movies not in internet databases
3-picture folders art to put folder.jpg in pictures folders as thumbnails
Thanks alot for this great simple app

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Tatts4Life - 2015-07-11

Recently went through movies I've all ready scraped and noticed a bunch of movies had stuff added that previously wasn't there which was cool.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - isamu.dragon - 2015-07-11

(2015-07-09, 00:45)mohamedselim Wrote: 2-home movies feature to manually scrape movies not in internet databases

Can already be done, you just have to manually add the data into the fields

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - steve1977 - 2015-07-12

Wow, I only tried this out today. This is really fantastic. Would it make sense to also pin this thread in addition to EMM and TMM? Having music functionality makes it quite unique!

I have a few questions though:

1) Is it possible for music albums to extract the album art from the tag rather than scraping it? Same question for album artist and why it is not taken from the tags directly?

2) Are movies in two parts (CD1 and CD2) supported yet? How?

3) Would it be possible to read the MBZ IDs from the tags rather than identifying them manually?

4) Does the filter feature work yet? I would like to filter movies with missing artwork, etc. And also identify duplicate movies.

Thanks in advance!!!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Linusorg - 2015-07-13

Hi Steve,
to answer some questions:
2) yes, i use CD01 for multipart movies, beside that most of the kodi naming konventions work here
3) tags are not supported, IMDB ids and tv movie ids in the search field are supported
4) filters work just type in the filter field fanart, clear art, Freigabe, trailer, genre, director, etc. and select the criteria you look for
hope this helps
Best Regards

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Maaarv - 2015-07-14

(2015-07-07, 20:57)Maaarv Wrote: well you can do this with an <epbookmark> tag. I asked because in MediaElch there is a bookmark field but it seems that it does not work (at least for me). You can add bookmark manually nevertheless.
For example like this: <epbookmark>5920</epbookmark>
In this case the episode starts after 5920 seconds.
The reason you can do this is that the second episode within the same file starts at the correct time even if you choose the second episode in your kodi library.
Its very usefull for recorded tv shows aswell. For example to jump advertising before the tvshow actually starts.
Has anyone experienced the same issue with the bookmark field within MediaElch? Because I have many multi-episode-files and I don't want to change the nfo-file manually all the time Smile

Is there no one who knows what the bookmark field in MediaElch is actually doing? I can only add bookmarks to the nfo-file manually.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Powerhouse - 2015-07-14

Bookmarks are a lot more work ,than either removing commercials from the TV Show (plenty of free utilities to do this), or to split your episode into several parts (again, lots of video editing software to do this).

Now if your talking a TV show that has two episodes in one file, you can simply name them correctly (Simpsons.S15E21-E22.mkv), and MediaElch will automatically pick this up, and display them correctly in Kodi (once you scrap them). This mostly works, so if you want to watch E22, it wont start the show at E21 then make you fast forward it. However, depending upon how the show was encoded (avi, mkv, mp4, etc) this doesn't always work, and the easy fix is to split the video manually by using an number of video editing software (makeMKV for example for .mkv files).

Or simply re-encode the episodes correctly into separate episodes from your DVD or BluRay's, or re-download split episodes from wherever you got them in the first place.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Maaarv - 2015-07-15

Yes, I already know that.
But anyway, thanks for your answer Wink

What I actually just wanted to know is what function the bookmark field (for tvshow episodes) in MediaElch is doing!? Because from what I have tested, it has no function

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Enlightened - 2015-07-15

Trying to mass edit some movie files. But it will only save 2 files when I click save all.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - steve1977 - 2015-07-19

I played quite a lot with MediaElch over the weekend. Very nice tool and would deserve its only sub-forum. See some feature requests below:

1) Display duplicate movies or episodes
2) Include Kodi-compatible tag for 3D movies and show 3D movies somehow different in ME
3) Music sync feature (similar how you already have movies and tvshows)
4) Extract albumart from MP3 first (only scrape if no embedded albumart)

Thanks for considering!!!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - crashnburn - 2015-07-23

Is this a good "Non Java" Alternative to TinyMediaManager?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - garretn - 2015-07-23

(2015-07-23, 09:06)crashnburn Wrote: Is this a good "Non Java" Alternative to TinyMediaManager?

The short answer is yes, I like it quite a bit better personally.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Dirki - 2015-07-23

Can MediaElch show all of the images, information of movies, series being on external hard drives not being running / plugged in? Or have the movies, series to be accessible at any time to display their information?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Namoi - 2015-07-23

I just tried, and nope... strange as it has all the pictures in cache ...

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Dirki - 2015-07-23

Thank you very much for trying, Namoi.

It's a pity. Yes, as the images are in the cache, why not show them, strange.

Many thanks again.