Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - newsilentsilver - 2012-10-08

(2012-10-08, 19:14)Komet Wrote:
(2012-10-08, 15:42)newsilentsilver Wrote: One thing in MediaElch is a pain: VIDEO_TS directories are not identified automatically. E. g., a dvd movie is identified something like
V:/movies/moviename (year)/VIDEO_TS
so you must correct the film name before searching. Sad
Mh, never realized it... "V:/movies/moviename (year)/VIDEO_TS" is an example path where MediaElch shows "VIDEO_TS" as movie name?

No, MediaElch shows the complete path as movie name at VIDEO_TS dirs.

full path = "V:/movies/moviename (year)/VIDEO_TS"
movie name = "V:/movies/moviename (year)/VIDEO_TS"

Wink

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-10-08

Just to clarify: You're using Windows, right? And you write "/" as path separator just here in the forum, right? (normally windows path separators are "\")

(2012-10-08, 20:14)Komet Wrote: Just to clarify: You're using Windows, right? And you write "/" as path separator just here in the forum, right? (normally windows path separators are "\")

Yes, I'm using Windows. No, I'm not using it just here in the forum. For better understanding a screenshot:

(2012-10-08, 20:24)newsilentsilver Wrote:
(2012-10-08, 20:14)Komet Wrote: Just to clarify: You're using Windows, right? And you write "/" as path separator just here in the forum, right? (normally windows path separators are "\")

Yes, I'm using Windows. No, I'm not using it just here in the forum. For better understanding a screenshot:

Ah, ok! I see the problem... will be fixed!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - al15 - 2012-10-08

Hi,

great work!!!!

i am also coming from ember and her some feature requests:
* movie view: display year, movie set,icon for missing poster, icon for missing fanart, watched - allow inline editing for all columns (eg for fanart/poster open selection of found pictures)
* allow multi selection of movies and assign movie sets, genre, watched flag
* for pictures add 'url' feature - paste url from a picture (i use this if for a movie no picture is found - so i uses google to find one and only have to copy / paste the url and this is download and renamed automatically)
* in the search function try to strip all data which not belong to the title - this cleaning function should be configure inside the settings menue
eg filename: batman returns.2012.720p.BluRay.DTS.mkv => Batman returns - so in the settings we should configure: 720p, BluRay, DTS
also display the unhanged full file name over the input field
* not sure but is there a date defined in xbmc when the movie was added? if yes please add this info and pre fill it with the file creation date (or current date maybe defined in the config)
* read the file attributes and add to new tab for the movie (languages, length, audio codec, video codec, subtitles...)
* the default size of the set input field is to small maybe make this larger
* add button to scan for newly added movies on fileshare
* sort search results by name - eg if you search for 7 Days (2010) you got a lot of unsorted results and the right result is not the first one
* make movie details expandable with a 'twisty' (>> / <<) to fast switch between large movie details and small view details and small movie details and larg view details

hope some of this features can be implemented in an later version :-)

thanks for a great app
AL

(2012-10-08, 20:32)Komet Wrote: Ah, ok! I see the problem... will be fixed!

Great news. Thank you. Smile

(2012-10-08, 21:03)al15 Wrote: * for pictures add 'url' feature - paste url from a picture (i use this if for a movie no picture is found - so i uses google to find one and only have to copy / paste the url and this is download and renamed automatically)

I found a simple replacement for this:

1. click on movie poster/fanart
2. click button to choose local image
3. paste the url in the file name field
4. enter or open button

Same number of clicks and it works (Windows 7). Smile

I added numbers so it's easier for me to answer:
(2012-10-08, 21:03)al15 Wrote: 1* movie view: display year, movie set,icon for missing poster, icon for missing fanart, watched - allow inline editing for all columns (eg for fanart/poster open selection of found pictures)
2* allow multi selection of movies and assign movie sets, genre, watched flag
3* for pictures add 'url' feature - paste url from a picture (i use this if for a movie no picture is found - so i uses google to find one and only have to copy / paste the url and this is download and renamed automatically)
4* in the search function try to strip all data which not belong to the title - this cleaning function should be configure inside the settings menue
eg filename: batman returns.2012.720p.BluRay.DTS.mkv => Batman returns - so in the settings we should configure: 720p, BluRay, DTS
also display the unhanged full file name over the input field
5* not sure but is there a date defined in xbmc when the movie was added? if yes please add this info and pre fill it with the file creation date (or current date maybe defined in the config)
6* read the file attributes and add to new tab for the movie (languages, length, audio codec, video codec, subtitles...)
7* the default size of the set input field is to small maybe make this larger
8* add button to scan for newly added movies on fileshare
9* sort search results by name - eg if you search for 7 Days (2010) you got a lot of unsorted results and the right result is not the first one
10* make movie details expandable with a 'twisty' (>> / <<) to fast switch between large movie details and small view details and small movie details and larg view details
1: Don't exactly know what you mean...
2: On the roadmap
3: You can already just drag'n'drop any picture onto this dialog
4: Maybe later
5: One thing I would also like. But I haven't found such a field
6: No. Would require some kind of player which is able to identify these things
7: Now on the roadmap
8: Just done it yesterday, available in the next version
9: Maybe as an option but not by default. The results are sorted in the way the scraper returns them and normally highest matches are on top
10: What? I'm a little bit confused Wink

(2012-10-08, 21:25)Komet Wrote: 10: What? I'm a little bit confused Wink

I think he means this:

In the movie.nfo you can add a short version of the plot:

Code:
<outline>...</outline>

Some themes use this in some views/lists. In Ember you can edit both versions of the plot. (The only thing I'm not knowing: Is Ember generating the outline plot automatically or are they in IMDB etc., too?)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - al15 - 2012-10-08

Hi,

here a picture showing the 2 unclear points:
http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv358/al1505/mediaelch.jpg

all columns should be sortable - maybe also a filter function like show only entries which missing pictures would be very useful...

the 2nd one is only to expand / collapse the movie details area...

thanks
AL

MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-10-08

Now I got it. I think this would lead to a kind of overloaded GUI which I'm trying to prevent.
As said earlier, I'm building a new filter function which should be enough. (You will be able to select all movies with or without poster, fanart, whatever)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Dragen - 2012-10-09

Why is it downloading new art when art already exists for shows? I've handpicked every piece of art, and now I have to do it again because your scraper downloads new art when it says "downloading missing ..."

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Linusorg - 2012-10-09

Hi Komet,
spend some Time yesterday with this programm and run into the situation where some movies are missing.
as you know i got some BR structures on my nas and f.e. the set Jurassic park :
Directory looks like this

Jurassic Park

-- Jurassic Park I (1993)
---- BDMV
---- Certificate

-- Jurassic Park II
---- Jurassic Park II (1997)
------ BDMV
------ Certificate
---- Jurassic Park II - Bonus Disc (1997)
------ BDMV
------ Certificate

-- Jurassic Park III
---- Jurassic Park III (2001)
------ BDMV
------ Certificate
---- Jurassic Park III - Bonus Disc (2001)
------ BDMV
------ Certificate

Media Elch get Jurassic Park I + Jurassic Park III, BUT Jurassic Park II do NOT show up in the list. i even created a small nfo and rescan the thing, but no chance.
Any idea where is my mistake or is there maybe a small problem with my structure for media elch ?

in addition :
comming back to my idea of having tv shows on DVD's is there a chance to have a naming convention like 24 S01E01E02E03E04 supported ? right now the tv show list ( without that support ) is a bit useless for people with DVDs stored

Thanks
Linus

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-10-09

@Linusorg You checked "Movies are in separate folders" on the settings pane, right?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Linusorg - 2012-10-09

"Movies are in separate folders" is checked.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-10-09

And which folder have you added in the settings pane, the top one "Jurassic Park" or the top of that?