Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - martinconroy - 2015-10-27

Just discovered this and really impressed. Couple of comments/queries:

1. Is there a way to scrape "all" movies/tv/music, or do I have to do each one manually?
2. Do I manually have to save each time I scrape, or is this automatic?
3. I have a problem that on a regular basis I manage to open a window in the background (possible with a right click) which then becomes inaccessible. I can see it via the Windows preview, but I can't see or access it on screen. The app won't respond as it's expecting input in this other window.

Any help very welcome Smile

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - halburrows - 2015-10-28

Does the new version not support the LTS 14.04 of Ubuntu? Support was the reason I switched to the LTS version. This is disappointing.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - _J@n_ - 2015-10-28

Simple request; difficult solution? Huh

I am using ME for a couple of years now without any issues at all. So a very happy customer here Nod

If I may be so bold I would like to make a request to further extend the features of ME. Some of my media do not have a preview picture (frame from the movie or episode) because it hasn't been uploaded yet. How great would it be if ME could take a random frame from the movie/episode and put it in the folder where the file is? Blush And if that is not enough: how about automatically upload it to the appropriate section of the TVDB? Big Grin

I am probably the only one that would require such option but I thought I'd ask anyway Smile

PS. I am on Ubuntu and my media is stored on a NAS (the shares are mounted on my computer)

Greetz,

_J@N_

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - _J@n_ - 2015-10-28

(2015-10-28, 13:41)halburrows Wrote: Does the new version not support the LTS 14.04 of Ubuntu? Support was the reason I switched to the LTS version. This is disappointing.

You could edit the "version" of the ppa in your sources. I don't think that would be a problem. You might have some issues with dependencies but they can be resolved with the help of other LTS users.

Komet is developing, maintaining and supporting ME on three platforms AFAIK. Quite a challenge I think. Especially the Linux platform thrives on libraries and dependencies. Quite daunting!

He does not make you pay to use the software and provides new versions for the platforms on a regular basis. So show some respect! ....Or offer to maintain the Linux releases of ME yourself.

(2015-10-27, 13:33)martinconroy Wrote: Just discovered this and really impressed. Couple of comments/queries:

1. Is there a way to scrape "all" movies/tv/music, or do I have to do each one manually?
2. Do I manually have to save each time I scrape, or is this automatic?
3. I have a problem that on a regular basis I manage to open a window in the background (possible with a right click) which then becomes inaccessible. I can see it via the Windows preview, but I can't see or access it on screen. The app won't respond as it's expecting input in this other window.

Any help very welcome Smile

Hi Martin,

The little help I can offer:

1: You can select multiple movies/TV/Music, right click and choose: Load information. You will get a dialogue where you can select what you would like to scrape and then select "Start Scraping"
2: Yes, no (meaning you will have to save it does not save automagically)
3: Sorry! No help here Sad I don't have a Windows machine... Blush

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - martinconroy - 2015-10-29

Thanks _J@N_, all very helpful.

Now scraping multiple movies, and using the "Automatically save each movie after scaping" option included in the "Multi scrape" Smile

Re 3, less of an issue now that I'm having to interact with the UI less Smile

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - _J@n_ - 2015-10-29

(2015-10-29, 12:36)martinconroy Wrote: Thanks _J@N_, all very helpful.

Now scraping multiple movies, and using the "Automatically save each movie after scaping" option included in the "Multi scrape" Smile

Re 3, less of an issue now that I'm having to interact with the UI less Smile

Hi Martin,

Glad I could help Wink

Greetz,

_J@N_

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - leejk - 2015-10-30

How does one resolve music that is part of a movie soundtrack? It doesn't seem to be able to find a match using the Universal Music scraper.

thx

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - claymic - 2015-10-31

Hi
I am using TMDB in Portuguese, sometimes the movies don´t have a plot in Portuguese, i need to check every single movie and then get the plot in English if necessary. There is a way to search(filter) for movies that does not have a plot or force the program to use the plot in english if don´t find it in other language ?
Regards
Clayton

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Schiffschaukel - 2015-10-31

Hi!
Since I just discovered mediaelch, I am almost ashamed to ask. It is mentioned a few posts earlier, but i still dont get it. how can i select multiple tv shows? in my case, rating is missing in some of them, and i want to update the missing information.

Thanks, Schiffschaukel

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - _J@n_ - 2015-11-01

(2015-10-31, 11:40)Schiffschaukel Wrote: ... how can i select multiple tv shows?.....
Thanks, Schiffschaukel

Simple answer: you can't Confused

You can select multiple movies by selecting them with CTRL key. For TV shows there is no such option. It seems odd but can be explained by the fact that you have to select the appropriate TVDB show per show. ME cannot guess that for you. (hope that makes sense Wink )

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Edworld - 2015-11-04

Is there a way to have a centralized actors folder instead of each movie having its own folder?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - _J@n_ - 2015-11-04

(2015-11-04, 00:25)Edworld Wrote: Is there a way to have a centralized actors folder instead of each movie having its own folder?

You should probably ask this question to the Kodi devs. ME adheres to the design decisions the Kodi devs made.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bobrap - 2015-11-04

Just wondering if the music scraper has changed recently. My albums are named "year - title" and I have to remove the year for the albums to scrape. Thanks

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - rmoody - 2015-11-05

(2015-11-04, 19:43)bobrap Wrote: Just wondering if the music scraper has changed recently. My albums are named "year - title" and I have to remove the year for the albums to scrape. Thanks

I've just discovered this amazing piece of software and am actually searching for a solution to your exact issue. I also store my albums year - album. I saw the feature to ignore words from media names but there doesn't seem to be a way to add something like a regular expression like [\d\d\d\d - ], I'd love that, would save me some time adding all my music from scratch here.

I'm gonna have to donate to this program, it's just that good!