Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - the_bo - 2015-12-13

Imdb scraper not scraping rating or votes for movies?

Seems like imdb have changed design of their website wonder if this has something to do with it.

EDIT: Rating and votes working now.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Jondar - 2015-12-14

(2015-12-13, 18:02)_J@n_ Wrote: Best way to avoid problems now and in the future would be to replace the "&" by "and". Just checked my library (using Linux host) and my favourite tool FileBot. FileBot suggests to replace the & (calls it "validate") and I haven't found any files containing an "&" in my entire library (600+ movies, 5500+ episodes).

If on Linux you might want to try pyRenamer (it is in the repo's) to replace the " & " by " and ". Note the extra spaces I have added between the quotes; it'll help pyRenamer Wink

Thanks for the tip. I just checked my library, and I found about a 20 movies with a "&", but MediaElch only had problems with about 7 of them. Checking each .nfo file, it seems that on the files that had "&" as "&amp;" in either <title> or <sorttitle> the nfo file was read correctly, but no &amp; MediaElch had problems. I edited the .nfo files, and reloaded, and MediaElch found the information.

I will however, do as you suggested and get rid of "&" in filenames -- as you said: it avoids problems, and is a trivial thing to do.

Thanks for the help.

~Jondar

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Edworld - 2015-12-14

Komet:

I loaded some concerts today and noticed that mediaelch will not let me select my custom scraper. Is there a reason for this?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - tesona1977 - 2015-12-16

(2015-12-10, 11:37)Komet Wrote: MediaElch needs at least Qt 5.3 but Ubuntu 14.04 only has 5.2 in its repositories. So you need to find a PPA with Qt 5.3 (or higher) for Ubuntu 14.04. Maybe someone else knows a PPA with Qt 5.3 and up for 14.04?

try this one
https://launchpad.net/~beineri/+archive/ubuntu/opt-qt532-trusty

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Solo0815 - 2015-12-20

I startet ME with a debugger, because my crash is still existant:
Code:
==================================================
Ereigniszeit      : 00:00:01.903
Ereignisart       : DLL laden
Thread-ID         : 2904
Speicheradresse   : 0x00330000
Dateiname         : C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaElch\Qt5Xml.dll
Zusatzinfo        :

Ereignisart       : Fehler
Speicheradresse   : 0x77e712fb
Dateiname         :
Zusatzinfo        : Fehlercode: 0x4000001f, Parameter: , 0x00000000

Ereignisart       : DLL laden
Speicheradresse   : 0x6ee40000
Dateiname         : C:\Windows\SysWOW64\apphelp.dll
Zusatzinfo        :
here is the full-debugging:
http://pastebin.com/mt2Fr6BV

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Komet - 2015-12-20

@Edworld: Yes, because at the moment there is just The Movie DB supported for scraping concerts.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - shaktoo - 2015-12-22

Hi Komet.. A question about the Music scraper. I had been using cdartmanager and have a separate fanarts folder separated by artists name within which all logo's, fanarts etc are stored which Kodi can see as well.
I really love the music scraping and am trying to sort out my music library using ME.
What I want is if there could be an option to save all the fanarts in a custom location rather then the artist folder itself. Or a switch button to choose one or the other.
Cheers M8 .

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - malvinas2 - 2015-12-22

Feature Request:

If possible, MediaElch should read in format, track number, duration and title of all tracks within an album folder and write the info into the nfo-file.

Here's a more detailed description of my idea:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=253065

(fürs erste wäre die aus dem Dateinamen extrahierte Tracknr und Titel vollkommen ausreichend)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Komet - 2015-12-23

@shaktoo: can you explain a little bit more in detail how the files are stored? Are there also subfolders for each album or how are cover images stored?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Komet - 2015-12-23

@malvinas2: This is on the todo list but before adding this Kodi sync will be improved (there was a poll some time ago http://www.kvibes.de/en/blog/2015/11/25/the-next-big-thing/)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - shaktoo - 2015-12-24

@ Komet : Sure
I have Music main library folder with sub folders for 1- Albums 2- Singles 3- Fanarts
Albums have Music stored within Artist / Album/ Files
Singles Have all singles in single folder( tagged )
Fanarts folder has sub folders according to artist names / extrafanrt & Folder.jpg, banner.jpg, logo.png & fanart.jpg
Skin ( Aeon --- madnox -- has setting for Music Library containing all fanarts etc)
With cdarts manager this was / is working well. But i have to run cdartmanager manually and sometimes can get hit & miss and would not get proper album & artist details.
I can see the argument for the other way ... to migrate all previous artwork into main library & then change path within skin for the main library.
I think I can see relying more on ME for my Music scraping then cdartmanager, especially with creating nfo's and option to manually change & create them.
Is there a way for Auto scraping ( via command line scraping )?
I have tried scraping multiple artists but it dosen't pull all relevant info. have to do one at a time Manually.

Thanks

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - rdonohoe - 2015-12-24

Thanks for all the hard work. I look forward to every new release.

My biggest request at the moment would be for support for super high def display. My display is 3200 x 1800 and MediaElch is sometimes very hard to use as the text and icons and not displaying properly.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - shaktoo - 2015-12-25

Happy Holidays Komet & everyone !

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - dirtydesaster - 2015-12-27

(2015-12-13, 19:15)the_bo Wrote: Imdb scraper not scraping rating or votes for movies?

Seems like imdb have changed design of their website wonder if this has something to do with it.

EDIT: Rating and votes working now.

Anyone else problems with the IMDB-Scraper?

Don't get any ratings/votes

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Komet - 2015-12-27

@dirtydesaster: Please provide a sample movie where rating/votes are not fetched.