Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - dirtydesaster - 2015-12-27

The Big Bang Theory is one example. Also Mr Robot, Jessica Jones etc.
In the movie-section: Southpaw, Jurassic World etc.

The problem concern all of my movies & series (no independent, mostly mainstream movies/series)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Komet - 2015-12-27

(2015-12-24, 15:42)rdonohoe Wrote: Thanks for all the hard work. I look forward to every new release.

My biggest request at the moment would be for support for super high def display. My display is 3200 x 1800 and MediaElch is sometimes very hard to use as the text and icons and not displaying properly.

You are using Windows, right? I just don't have any equipment to check/improve the look on high resolution displays when using Windows. MediaElch looks fine on Mac Retina displays.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - tototo - 2015-12-28

With Music/Artist scraping extrafanart, can an option to keep the original filenames be added? That what MediaElch won't download duplicate or redownload everything each time?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Edworld - 2015-12-29

Komet:

Very impressed with tv shows and having IMDB rating by show!!!!!!

Is there a way to change the first aired format from 23/08/15 to 08/23/15?

thanks

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - rdonohoe - 2015-12-29

(2015-12-27, 22:11)Komet Wrote: You are using Windows, right? I just don't have any equipment to check/improve the look on high resolution displays when using Windows. MediaElch looks fine on Mac Retina displays.

Yes, Window 10. This is how it displays Image

As you can see they are pushed up on top of each other and the menu icons are tiny and very hard to see.

If there is anything I can do to help you address this issue please let me know.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - schimi2k - 2015-12-29

with 1920x1080 everything is fine

but i get some imdb problems - when i choose imdb i dont get any german titles anymore and no imdb top 250 ratings
on IMDB or own scraper settings ( with imdb for title )

maybe they change something in the api ?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Soujirou Seta - 2015-12-29

This program has done a beautiful work in music section ham!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Maaarv - 2016-01-01

(2015-12-29, 16:39)schimi2k Wrote: with 1920x1080 everything is fine

but i get some imdb problems - when i choose imdb i dont get any german titles anymore and no imdb top 250 ratings
on IMDB or own scraper settings ( with imdb for title )

maybe they change something in the api ?

yes, same here with imdb. Sad
single studio isn't working on latest nightly aswell.

happy new year btw Cool

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Edworld - 2016-01-01

I have mentioned in the past that top250 always show zero in my movies

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - leejk - 2016-01-02

I have lots of music videos that I would like to have better recognition in Kodi. Couldn't ME just treat music videos as music, and therefore generate the required nfo files?

Thx

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - parduz - 2016-01-02

(2015-12-29, 16:22)rdonohoe Wrote:
(2015-12-27, 22:11)Komet Wrote: You are using Windows, right? I just don't have any equipment to check/improve the look on high resolution displays when using Windows. MediaElch looks fine on Mac Retina displays.

Yes, Window 10. This is how it displays Image

As you can see they are pushed up on top of each other and the menu icons are tiny and very hard to see.

If there is anything I can do to help you address this issue please let me know.
Hello from Italy.
@Komet
As a Windows user/programmer, I worked a bit with the QT Components you're using for mediaelch and i'd say that you should take care of character dpi other than screen size (it's a setting that allows to have bigger characters on very large screens, it alter the "proportions" between window (form) objects and labels/text boxes). I've got my share of fighting with that stuffs from the times of VB4, and still is something that need to be handled whatever you're using for your forms. I've abandoned QT stuffs very early so i'm sorry but i can't help you.

As a request/suggestion, pls make sure that all your forms are resized to be fully visible even with odd resolutions: my TV native resolution is 1176*664 and i've never seen the bottom part of the scraper window.... luckly, by pressing ENTER it accept the search string, but i wonder if there's other buttons in that form Smile

Unrelated question from a KODI / MediaElch noob:
where should i put all the actors thumbnails so that KODI will show them?

Thanks for your hard work on MediaElch Smile

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - NEOhidra - 2016-01-02

Any chance to get 2.4 for OpenSuSE?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - WelshPaul - 2016-01-03

Thanks for the great program Komet. Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to add a single music folder. I have quite a large music library and when I add a new album it takes a long time to scan using the Reload Music (F5) option before I can create the nfo and artwork for my new album. It would be much easier if I could just browse to the new folder and add that, but I would still want to keep the overall library folder as the main source rather than adding hundreds (or thousands) of separate folder sources.

speed during huge library scanning - Linusorg - 2016-01-04

Hi Komet,
after installing the newest update it looks like ME lost speed during library scanning.
new functions are great, but i am wondering if there were also some changes under the cover which leads to some scanning slowness?
Would be great if you could review
Thanks for listining

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - farmerdave - 2016-01-13

It looks like there is a problem again when trying to scrape mp4 files in TVshows. I have folders that contain both mkv and mp4 files, all named in the same method, but ME is only listing the mkv files.

Edit: There is no problem. I had used an advancedsettings.xml file which specified only certain valid file types.