Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - malvinas2 - 2016-05-12

Well, such famous artists should be found without problems. As you mentioned sometimes one has to hit several times return in the search windows, that's due to the server of the sites, which are often overloaded.
I tried Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen and within 2 minutes I got the following pictures and informations (so it should work; I didn't try albums):

watch gallery

P.S.: Talking about overloaded servers, imgur, where the pictures are uploaded to, does experience some problems at the moment.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - niksimpson - 2016-05-12

(2016-05-12, 21:29)malvinas2 Wrote: Well, such famous artists should be found without problems. As you mentioned sometimes one has to hit several times return in the search windows, that's due to the server of the sites, which are often overloaded.

P.S.: Talking about overloaded servers, imgur, where the pictures are uploaded to, does experience some problems at the moment.

OK, I'll keep persevering.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - demosthien - 2016-05-13

(2016-05-03, 15:45)demosthien Wrote: Komet, I'm trying to get MediaElch how I want it to run and having some difficulties. Could you advise please?

=====

For renaming of movies I want the format to be as follows:

Folder: <sortTitle> (<year>) [<resolution>] = Santa Clause, The (1994) [1080p]

Movie: <title> (<year>) [<resolution>] = The Santa Clause (1994) [1080p]

MediaElch seems to rename the movie file ok but it then forces additional folder and sub-folder levels.

Example: X:/<sortTitle>/(<year>) [<resolution>]/MovieFile = X:/Santa Clause, The/(1994) [1080p]/The Santa Clause (1994) [1080p]

I only want the single top level folder containing the movie and .nfo files

=====

Also, I don't want any of the associated image or video files (posters, thumbnails, trailer etc) to be downloaded and saved to my server (not enough space). How can I turn this function off?

=====

Thanks.

Ok, so I eventually found the option to not download all the image files associated with a movie/TV show (it's in the long list of checkboxes on the right side of the window that appears when you run a Scrape). I hadn't found it because I was looking for something in the Preferences as that's where I expected to find something that has such a wide effect on the functioning of the app. So, yay! for finding that.

However, I'd still like to know how to stop ME from creating the additional folders when I run a file rename on videos. All the videos are currently in the structure I want;

eg: <sortTitle>/(<year>) [<resolution>]/MovieFile

= Santa Clause, The (1994) [1080p]
= = The Santa Clause (1994) [1080p]

But ME is splitting these and adding in an additional folder level when I run a rename (after I've done an Scrape or a name change update);

= Santa Clause, The
= = (1994) [1080p]
= = = The Santa Clause (1994) [1080p]

Also, another question that, if someone knows the answer, I'd be grateful for; Is there a way to Reload a single Movie/TV Show rather than the entire list (that takes aaaaaaaaaaages)

Thanks!

MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - calvin8714 - 2016-05-13

(2016-05-03, 15:45)demosthien Wrote: Also, another question that, if someone knows the answer, I'd be grateful for; Is there a way to Reload a single Movie/TV Show rather than the entire list (that takes aaaaaaaaaaages)

I believe you can right click the tv series and select 'search for new episodes'

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - demosthien - 2016-05-13

(2016-05-13, 19:03)demosthien Wrote: <...snip...>

However, I'd still like to know how to stop ME from creating the additional folders when I run a file rename on videos. All the videos are currently in the structure I want;

= Santa Clause, The (1994) [1080p]
= = The Santa Clause (1994) [1080p]

But ME is splitting these and adding in an additional folder level when I run a rename (after I've done an Scrape or a name change update);

= Santa Clause, The
= = (1994) [1080p]
= = = The Santa Clause (1994) [1080p]

<...snip...>

Haha!!

+1 for bloody-minded fiddling and then finding an answer to your own question!!

So, it seems the renaming code <sortTitle> does not work when there is no sort title in the Information tab... Which is something that is pretty obvious when you think about it, except that EM didn't create a Sort Title for all the videos I scraped. So the problem was intermittent.

Following on from this issue is there a way for me to request the dev ensure that a Sort Title is created for every scrape, even if it's just replicating the Title?

*feeling pretty happy with sorting that out* :-)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - demosthien - 2016-05-14

(2016-05-13, 19:27)calvin8714 Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 15:45)demosthien Wrote: Also, another question that, if someone knows the answer, I'd be grateful for; Is there a way to Reload a single Movie/TV Show rather than the entire list (that takes aaaaaaaaaaages)

I believe you can right click the tv series and select 'search for new episodes'

Thanks for that. I'll give that a try.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - demosthien - 2016-05-14

(2016-05-14, 00:20)demosthien Wrote:
(2016-05-13, 19:27)calvin8714 Wrote:

Thanks for that. I'll give that a try.

That worked, thanks.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Mr.Mac - 2016-05-19

(2012-07-17, 23:23)Komet Wrote: Thanks for trying it out!
Currently only "Show Name/...SxxExx..." as structure is supported. I'll add some more options in the next release along with support for tv show banners.

This still seems to be true. MediaElch found the TV shows on my hard drive, but it couldn’t find the individual seasons.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - manfeed - 2016-05-20

(2016-05-12, 17:17)malvinas2 Wrote: The whole procedure, editing MP3-Tags and creating the nfo-Files takes me 1 or better say 2 hours for the whole diskography from one artist !
Just to get an impression of the "workload" ;-) If you're a native english speaker you may reduce the time amount, because most of the information is already available in english at the cited sites. If your mother tongue is another one (as in my case), you're searching the internet for hours to get usuable information.

Hi, my problem is the same, trying to get artists bio in Spanish returns very few results Sad I know that one of the best places to find information about artists is LastFM... Artists Slideshow addon (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=124880) uses that source and works great! so I was wondering if it would be possible to add LastFM as a possible source to the music scraper...

Thanks in advance!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - zag - 2016-05-21

Is there an option to auto choose the first music artist result when searching for artwork?

My music is perfectly tagged with musicbrainz ID's so always shows the correct result on search, but its an extra click i could do without Wink

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - zag - 2016-05-21

Some feature requests

- Musicbrainz mirror support for universal artist scraper
- TheAudioDB album ratings
- TheAudioDB music logo support
- Disable artist.nfo feature option
- Remove artwork filename optioning (so we get consistency on all installs)
- Music Banner support
- Music scraper options

Great software by the way, just gave it a nice try. I'm impressed!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - tymmy - 2016-05-25

I have been using MediaElch to write nfos for my music files for months now. It has worked fine. Now in the last week I have not been able to scan any music. I have thought it was the Musicbrainz site since the have been working on it. Now the site says it is done and I still can't connect. I get the same result on 2 systems. Is this affecting anybody else?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - niksimpson - 2016-05-25

I think the reliance on MusicBrainz as the only source for CD information is the Achilles Heel of this software. I've tried using Picard to rip and I've tried manually looking stuff on the MusciBrainz website and the selection of albums it recognizes is tiny compared to something like freedb.org of cddb.org. Combine that with the fact that interface for adding new artists and albums on MusicBrainz is stone age and you've a problem that isn't going to be solved any time soon.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - zag - 2016-05-25

(2016-05-25, 16:25)niksimpson Wrote: I think the reliance on MusicBrainz as the only source for CD information is the Achilles Heel of this software. I've tried using Picard to rip and I've tried manually looking stuff on the MusciBrainz website and the selection of albums it recognizes is tiny compared to something like freedb.org of cddb.org. Combine that with the fact that interface for adding new artists and albums on MusicBrainz is stone age and you've a problem that isn't going to be solved any time soon.

Musicbrainz is easily the biggest data source for albums. in fact musicbrainz came about because cddb became commercialized.

As with anything, if you albums are missing from musicbrainz, add them to their DB! I've never had to do this for a single album in my collection though.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - zag - 2016-05-25

(2016-05-25, 15:38)tymmy Wrote: I have been using MediaElch to write nfos for my music files for months now. It has worked fine. Now in the last week I have not been able to scan any music. I have thought it was the Musicbrainz site since the have been working on it. Now the site says it is done and I still can't connect. I get the same result on 2 systems. Is this affecting anybody else?

Musicbrainz api is overrun. There are 2 mirrors available in the universal artists/album scraper threads to use. I have tested and they work 100% now.

The scraper has been updated to allow the use of these mirrors.

Not sure if it works with MediaElch though....?