Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - tymmy - 2016-05-25

(2016-05-25, 16:34)zag Wrote:
(2016-05-25, 15:38)tymmy Wrote: I have been using MediaElch to write nfos for my music files for months now. It has worked fine. Now in the last week I have not been able to scan any music. I have thought it was the Musicbrainz site since the have been working on it. Now the site says it is done and I still can't connect. I get the same result on 2 systems. Is this affecting anybody else?

Musicbrainz api is overrun. There are 2 mirrors available in the universal artists/album scraper threads to use. I have tested and they work 100% now.

The scraper has been updated to allow the use of these mirrors.

Not sure if it works with MediaElch though....?

Thanks, Do you have the ability to test mediaElch or someone else?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - zag - 2016-05-25

I just tested and couldn't get the universal scraper to recognize anything in MediaElch.

I'd need to know how it works first really, maybe the kodi scraper update broke it?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - tymmy - 2016-05-26

Thanks for checking. Now I know its just not me.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - MaxCore - 2016-05-26

same problem here ...

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - jasn - 2016-05-26

I've been using ME daily (on WIndows) and had no troubles until musicbrainz went offline to switch their database. Perhaps ME needs to change they way they access MB?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - jasn - 2016-05-31

MediaElch still not scraping Music with Universal Music Scraper. Anyone else know what's going on?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - pit_bull - 2016-05-31

(2016-05-31, 16:19)jasn Wrote: MediaElch still not scraping Music with Universal Music Scraper. Anyone else know what's going on?

It's supposed to be fixed in the nightly build Smile

Komet , about 2 hours ago in http://community.kvibes.de Wrote:Please check out the latest nightly build, the bug should be fixed there.

In my case, I will have to wait till new version Sad

Thx Komet Wink

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bobrap - 2016-05-31

Yep Smile

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Maxi - 2016-06-06

Hi !!!

I was a Linux user of MediaElch, until my Linux machine passed away (now forever). Now I'm trying to use it on my work Mac (connected to a NAS where my movies are) but I get the message "MediaElch can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer". My (IT department enforced) sec preferences only allows me to install either from App Store OR Identified Developers...

Is there any chance to solve this? (no idea how hard/bureaucratic is to become an "identified developer" for Apple)

Thanks !!!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Anomander Rake - 2016-06-06

Is there an eta on when the music scaping problem will be fixed?

Thanks for a great program!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - niksimpson - 2016-06-06

(2016-06-06, 02:50)Anomander Rake Wrote: Is there an eta on when the music scaping problem will be fixed?

Thanks for a great program!

Are you allowed to run a virtual machine on your Mac, if so I'd just install a LINUX VM and run MediaElch inside that.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - mata7 - 2016-06-06

is there a link to download and test the last beta version?

thanks

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - MasterPhW - 2016-06-07

(2016-06-06, 15:40)mata7 Wrote: is there a link to download and test the last beta version?

thanks
Here you can download the precompiled nightlies.
You need to be a donator and be logged in.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - mata7 - 2016-06-10

thank you master

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - demosthien - 2016-06-16

First a feature request! :-)

A way to "Lock" particular Movies/TV Shows so they do not get updated (or even scanned) by MediaElch (ME) when any bulk action is ordered and I forget to exclude particular files.

For example, if I have all the original episodes of old school Doctor Who on my server and I have scanned them with ME and added the .nfo files and whatever else I want then there really is no further need for them to be scanned or updated again (unless I specifically decide to do so). If there was a lock then I could mass select my Movies/TV Shows and then click update and not have to keep remembering to exclude this TV Show.

In addition this would prevent ME from changing the way I have setup a particular Movie/TV Show if I've changed it from the set information.

For example, I have the Pixar Shorts Vol 1. and Vol. 2 DVDs ripped to my server. They get picked up and identified as such but the individual shorts all get named according to my multi-part movie renaming settings "Pixar Short Films Collection Volume 2 - Part 1 (2012) [1080p].mkv". However, I have now manually renamed them all to include their titles as such "Pixar Short Films Collection Volume 2 - Part 01 - Your Friend the Rat (2012) [1080p].mkv". If I were to run a mass update/rename and forgot to exclude these particular movies then it would revert the filenames. A lock function would prevent this from happening.

Second, I'm still having issues with the movie and TV Show posters not showing up on OSMC (Kodi, latest version) unless they're downloaded to my local storage. I looked at the NFO files and noticed that there is no URL reference for the posters within them. I checked a couple of other posts (including some on the ME website) and, on the off chance it might work, I created an advanced settings.xml and included the "TRUE" attribute for the feature there. But that did nothing. I've deleted all my NFOs, I've deleted OSMC, formatted the SD card and run a clean install. Still no posters.

If I add the poster files to local storage it picks them up. But, as there's no URL reference in the NFOs created by ME I have to assume it's something to do with that.

Any ideas?