Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Linusorg - 2012-10-12

HI there

@ Aries, thanks i've done that in some movies that i found. i just mentioned it to highlight a problem within the application. Right now its quite "problematik" to review all movies ( >2000) to see if there is an empty genre entry :-), looking forward to the new filter function to review my movie genres :-)

Another small observation when it comes to movies and poster/fanart:
First let me state the configuration :
Mediaelch , set to XML and the oberservation seems to be valid for BDMV structures ONLY.
XMBC Version ( Frodo Nighties from september )
index.nfo seems to be found and recognized.
Index.tbn and index-fanart.jpg seems to be ignored ( doesn't show up in this xbmc version, dont know if this is version specific, but even a refresh didn't get the pictures )
tried to add index.jpg and also in the movieroot dir <moviename>.jpg, No luck so far.

It might be xbmc version related, but just to let you know.
Best regards
Linus

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-10-12

(2012-10-11, 20:51)creagrox Wrote: Found a big bug!

Was watching the task manager memory consumption tab. Media elch was fetching 2 movie's meta data, 50 something has been done in the last 2 days.

And then I started to click one by one on all the accomplished movies. guess what, the memory consumption started to rise gradually. 1 movie click and 30 mb raised, another - there goes another 25.
Tried to reproduce it, and it worked again. Finally after 926 mb, it crashed.

Seems like it is caching the movie posters and fan art, but us unable to unload them somehow.
I'm aware of this. Was more a feature than a bug Wink But I see that caching the images was not a good idea at all Wink

(2012-10-12, 04:10)elecga Wrote: Might want to check out mediainfo to get codec and other audio/video info. Would be a nice addition along with the other things on your to-do list.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en
-Graphical user interface, command line interface, or library (.dll/.so/.dylib) versions available
I know mediainfo but I don't need this features. Maybe I'll add it later.

(2012-10-12, 09:01)Linusorg Wrote: HI there

@ Aries, thanks i've done that in some movies that i found. i just mentioned it to highlight a problem within the application. Right now its quite "problematik" to review all movies ( >2000) to see if there is an empty genre entry :-), looking forward to the new filter function to review my movie genres :-)

Another small observation when it comes to movies and poster/fanart:
First let me state the configuration :
Mediaelch , set to XML and the oberservation seems to be valid for BDMV structures ONLY.
XMBC Version ( Frodo Nighties from september )
index.nfo seems to be found and recognized.
Index.tbn and index-fanart.jpg seems to be ignored ( doesn't show up in this xbmc version, dont know if this is version specific, but even a refresh didn't get the pictures )
tried to add index.jpg and also in the movieroot dir <moviename>.jpg, No luck so far.

It might be xbmc version related, but just to let you know.
Best regards
Linus
What do you expect when setting the genre name to an empty one? There is a remove genre functionality, use it. Wink
And no support for Frodo now.

Hi Komet,
sorry slight misunderstanding in two points :
1) genre
how to remove a genre for your moviecollection ? f.e. genre==foreign from my understanding i tried to do that within the genre dialog ( instead of selecting every single movie, go to the advanced section and remove the genre there.
Within the genre dialog i havent found a remove genre function, only way to achieve that ( form my "feeling" was empty the genre and save it, it got removed from the genre list )

2) Frodo
i am aware that frodo is actually not supported in mediaelch, but
since BDMV structures are not so wide spread discussed here i was not sure if this is a frodo problem or a problem related to the naming convention aka place to store poster fanart etc.
if you are confident that this is a frodo thing, fine for me, so lets wait for the release of frodo and the eventually upcomming frodo support :-)

Thanks
Linus

1)
"Double click a genre to rename it, right click to delete."
So do a right mouse button click on the genre, and select "Delete genre".

2)
I'm not using BDMV structures. Maybe you could help a little bit and see what files XBMC picks up. Just create them on your own (don't have to use MediaElch for this) and see which filenames are working. Or in XBMC: start with a clean db, add one BDMV directory, load infos, export database and see what files XBMC creates.

Hi Komet,
Sorry i missed the right click, looks like it was too late here.

2) i just took a break and tested this BDMV thing.
its kind of strange, but let me first state that the problem seems to be xbmc related.
i moved 2 Movies ( BDMV structure ) to a test dir and run an an export, all files are created acording to the same schema that you already using.
Strange is that if i use the same settings for the source and the same movies, but just within a dir with something like 400 entries, no poster show up
so lets say its frodo, and beta and also rainy friday :-) at least your program is verified, just to figure out why this is a problem in xbmc

maybe some of my genre ideas would be worth to review ?

Have a great weekend.
Linus

You're killing my time with your ideas Wink

(2012-10-11, 14:25)Linusorg Wrote: 2) if you save the modification out of the genre dialog, the modifications are written to disc, but the actual movie list was not updated ( just found a couple of movies missing these new entries
3) Adding a movie to a genre ( genre dialog ) it would be helpfull to have the movielist in the selectionlist sorted, with quite a lot miĆ³vies, no chance
4) if you like to add a genre to a movie it would be nice to have something like a combo box, select an existing genre or add a new one.
5) you might add the function to add a genre in the genre dialog
6) if there are modifications made in rating or genre sometimes you like to verify them in the movielist or add a missing genre to a movieet ( would also be a nice function to have :-)) it would be great if the movie details page would stay on the tab of the last movie, specially for the advanced section you need to jump back and forth :-).
this might be also needed having this new filtered list in mind aka :
show all movies with genre "indie" and than modify a f.e. a genre field ( or any other example )

2) This should not happen. Could you please retry it and write down the steps you did?
For me it's working when renaming/adding/deleting genres in the genre widget, hitting save. Back in the movies widget, selecting a movie shows the correct genres.
3 + 4 + 6) Feature request added. (also a filter bar will be added)
5) Maybe later Wink

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - coolio99 - 2012-10-12

nice program man.but is useless for me becuse is not suport flv files..can you add suport for it?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - NorDemoniac - 2012-10-12

Fantastic work! It is so fast!

I have a shared library (MySQL) for my XBMC-clients, should I connect to this DB instead of using XBMC XML? I don't understand this... I have a bunch of TBN, NFOs etc. already, I just want MediaElch to keep scraping future shows, not replace my current artwork.

I would want the possibility to force XBMC-library to update its artwork if I change a movie poster, without having to re-add the movie to XBMC.

I've been using Ember (for movies) + MIP (for TV-shows), but I'm sick of the old, slow GUIs, and MediaElch does look like what I want. Also the possibility for using it on my Macs is wonderful!

I tried XBMC XML, which in 20 sec listed all my 4000 episodes, and listed them in their correct seasons (not season xx). If I choose XBMC MySQL, I got a bunch of episodes in Season xx (because of 1x01 naming).

But what do I write in the DB connection login, and do I need that? I couldn't log in...

Sorry for my bit messy post, it's a mix of confusion and extreme joy over this MediaManager. Smile

And - Would it be possible in the future to set a show permanently, and then make it auto-scrape for new content? Instead of clicking "search" and choose a show for each episode.

I would like to just open it and make it scan through everything that's new.
Also, it would be great to see the "new" sign on the seasons.

Btw; not complaining! I love that it is so stable, although it's a new application, just need some guidance on the XBMC-integration bit...

(2012-10-12, 12:15)coolio99 Wrote: nice program man.but is useless for me becuse is not suport flv files..can you add suport for it?

Already added, will be available in 1.1
(2012-10-12, 13:45)NorDemoniac Wrote: Fantastic work! It is so fast!

I have a shared library (MySQL) for my XBMC-clients, should I connect to this DB instead of using XBMC XML? I don't understand this... I have a bunch of TBN, NFOs etc. already, I just want MediaElch to keep scraping future shows, not replace my current artwork.

I would want the possibility to force XBMC-library to update its artwork if I change a movie poster, without having to re-add the movie to XBMC.

I've been using Ember (for movies) + MIP (for TV-shows), but I'm sick of the old, slow GUIs, and MediaElch does look like what I want. Also the possibility for using it on my Macs is wonderful!

I tried XBMC XML, which in 20 sec listed all my 4000 episodes, and listed them in their correct seasons (not season xx). If I choose XBMC MySQL, I got a bunch of episodes in Season xx (because of 1x01 naming).

But what do I write in the DB connection login, and do I need that? I couldn't log in...

Sorry for my bit messy post, it's a mix of confusion and extreme joy over this MediaManager. Smile

And - Would it be possible in the future to set a show permanently, and then make it auto-scrape for new content? Instead of clicking "search" and choose a show for each episode.

I would like to just open it and make it scan through everything that's new.
Also, it would be great to see the "new" sign on the seasons.

Btw; not complaining! I love that it is so stable, although it's a new application, just need some guidance on the XBMC-integration bit...

You should use the "XMBC MySQL" interface. I can't help you with the login details, you should know them (have a look at your advancedsettings.xml) And don't forget to set the "Media Center Directory" in the settings (read about it here http://mediaelch.kvibes.net/usage/)
The filename format of your episodes is currently not supported (only 1E01 for now) but it will be in the next version.
And you don't have to update every new episode, just update the whole show and don't check "Update all episodes". Also in version 1.1 you will be able to choose which items should be updated (like in the movies widget) so your custom poster, fanart and so on won't get replaced.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - TeKo - 2012-10-12

How can I use the ofdb scraper?

Can I scrape with more than one scraper?

Like Title from ofdb, plot from ofdb, rating from imdb and tagline from tmdb?

Thats basically why I use Ember.

Nvm it kinda works but I am using Ember again.

(2012-10-12, 19:00)TeKo Wrote: How can I use the ofcb scraper?

Can I scrape with more than one scraper?

Like Title from ofdb, plot from ofdb, rating from imdb and tagline from tmdb?

Thats basically why I use Ember.

You have to scrape multiple times. Select a movie, click "search" and a window will popup where you can choose your scraper and the items you wish to scrape.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - awyea - 2012-10-13

Can I create a MySQL database for xbmc from scratch with this? And is there a way to check if mediaelch is connected to the database properly? I'm trying to create a database from scratch but whenever I save a move or show, all of the info is lost when I restart mediaelch. So far the program itself is the best yet!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - zepo - 2012-10-13

Hi Komet. Great app.

Can you add a field for "subtitles" ?

I use mostly external subtitles and they are not put into the XBMC database when it scans my files. It's a shortcoming of XBMC. This means that they will not be recognized by skins that use the "listitem.subtitlelanguage"
For the time being I have to remux my files to get the subtitles into the database. It is pretty time consuming.

It would be much faster and easier to use the MediaElch interface for that. The same way you can add studios, country etc.

Hope you can add this. Can't be too hard for a guy with your programming skills.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Toricred - 2012-10-13

I tried MediaElch back with 0.9.4 and only got it to work by adding the folder containing Fringe and not the parent folder that contains one folder for each show. I erased the folder containing the older version of MediaElch, but it is still showing Fringe and not finding anything else. Where is the configuration stored so I can start from scratch.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - steve1977 - 2012-10-14

(2012-10-07, 17:23)steve1977 Wrote: What about using imdbapi.org instead?

Any thoughts about adding IMDB support. MediaElch is nicely taking shape.

From what I see, there are only a few things left to actually compete with EMM rich features?

1) IMDB scraper support (over imdbapi.com)

2) Trailer support (youtube and hdtrailer.net)

3) Media info data (e.g., aspect ratio, resolution)

Would love to see this being implemented!!! Thanks in advance for considering!!!