Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - huttdes - 2016-09-17

I didn't think that kind of info would be stored in the registry but I can clear that. Thanks.

MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - calvin8714 - 2016-09-17

Windows Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/kvibes/MediaElch

Sent

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - _J@n_ - 2016-09-20

(2016-09-17, 16:14)huttdes Wrote: I didn't think that kind of info would be stored in the registry but I can clear that. Thanks.

You're welcome Wink

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Sinisan - 2016-09-24

Hello all,

I'm probably stupid, but...

I've got :
a NAS with Kodi's database stored on a Maria's DB server
a Pi3 with Kodi, linked to the DB server
a Mac with Kodi, linked to the DB server

Everything's fine.

Now, to manage tags more efficiently than with Kodi, I just installed MediaElch. First, I'm a bit surprised about the fact it doesn't allow to directly connect to database, instead of what author's wrote here : http://media-passion.fr/mediaelch/mediaelch-mediamanager-for-maclinuxwin/
But anyway, I switched on remote control on my Pi3 Kodi, and the sync is done.

But I can't understand how to have all my movies already scraped, commented, noted, ... stored in my database, used by all my lodi's, in MediaElch. I don't want scrap them again ! I tried to add movie source (...but of course, it's not the same path on my Mac than on my Pi3 : linux on one side, mac on the other one (...yes, I know, it's not far from linux ^^)), but it looks like I need to ask MediaElch to scan the source, then it find (or not) movies, but NO link with Kodi. It CAN'T retrieve pictures, comments, notes...

What am I doing wrong ?

Thank you for your help Smile

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - verona77 - 2016-10-17

I am loving MediaElch! One thing I have noticed is that when I try to sync a changed movie poster.jpg (that I updated through MediaElch) with Kodi using the Synchronize to Kodi feature in MediaElch, the new poster does not register in Kodi automatically. Instead, I actually have to refresh the movie manually within Kodi in order for the poster to change to the new one. Is this to be expected? It's strange because other metadata can be edited withing MediaElch, saved, and then synchronized with Kodi through MediaElch without having to run a manual refresh in Kodi.

Thanks for the help!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - huttdes - 2016-10-22

(2016-09-17, 00:02)huttdes Wrote: ME is not downloading artwork for movies for me anymore.
If I click on one of the artwork icons it doesnt give me any option to download anything.... but its doing something because I can't do anything again with the program unless I hit escape (which would normally close the art download box)

I tried to just delete the program and start over but I can't... How the F-bomb you completely delete this program?
I deleted the directory I have it in.... went to users in my C drive and deleted the kvibes folders I found...
Everytime I reload the program it still has all my settings... where the hell is storing this information? I'm frustrated beyond belief!!!

Quoting myself here.... even after I deleted all possible settings for ME and did a reinstall I am still having the same problem.
It wont let me browse for individual artwork.
If I have a new movie and scrape it, it will pull all the artwork but if I click the poster for example it doesn't give me the popup window to choose the art.
It's like its opening it but its not there.... because like I mentioned earlier I can't access the main ME screen again without hitting escape.

Running 2.4.2 on windows 7.
Any thoughts?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - huttdes - 2016-10-22

Anyone? This is very frustrating and makes the program almost useless...

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - the_bo - 2016-10-23

(2016-10-22, 01:39)huttdes Wrote:
(2016-09-17, 00:02)huttdes Wrote: ME is not downloading artwork for movies for me anymore.
If I click on one of the artwork icons it doesnt give me any option to download anything.... but its doing something because I can't do anything again with the program unless I hit escape (which would normally close the art download box)

I tried to just delete the program and start over but I can't... How the F-bomb you completely delete this program?
I deleted the directory I have it in.... went to users in my C drive and deleted the kvibes folders I found...
Everytime I reload the program it still has all my settings... where the hell is storing this information? I'm frustrated beyond belief!!!

Quoting myself here.... even after I deleted all possible settings for ME and did a reinstall I am still having the same problem.
If I have a new movie and scrape it, it will pull all the artwork but if I click the poster for example it doesn't give me the popup window to choose the art.
It's like its opening it but its not there.... because like I mentioned earlier I can't access the main ME screen again without hitting escape.

Any thoughts?

Its running fine on my windows 7, although im using version 2.4.1.

You could try downloading that version.

The mediaelch settings should be stored in

C:\Users\yourcomputername\AppData\Local\kvibes

Try deleting that folder and try again.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - huttdes - 2016-10-23

(2016-10-23, 00:15)the_bo Wrote:
(2016-10-22, 01:39)huttdes Wrote:

Any thoughts?

Its running fine on my windows 7, although im using version 2.4.1.

You could try downloading that version.

The mediaelch settings should be stored in

C:\Users\yourcomputername\AppData\Local\kvibes

Try deleting that folder and try again.

Sounds great but where do I get an old release?
Website is up to date and I've deleted my previous version...

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - the_bo - 2016-10-23

(2016-10-22, 01:39)huttdes Wrote: Sounds great but where do I get an old release?

Try here

http://www.chip.de/downloads/MediaElch_80006602.html

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - huttdes - 2016-10-23

(2016-10-23, 12:17)the_bo Wrote:
(2016-10-22, 01:39)huttdes Wrote: Sounds great but where do I get an old release?

Try here

Thanks... tried it. Wanted me to download something called 'chip installer' to download. I was leary of this... backed up my OS and created a restore point. Ran the program and the the window just kept saying it was downloading and nothing was happening so I closed it.
Looks like I'll be using Media Companion for now...

(2016-10-23, 21:56)huttdes Wrote:
(2016-10-23, 12:17)the_bo Wrote:

Try here

Thanks... tried it. Wanted me to download something called 'chip installer' to download. I was leary of this... backed up my OS and created a restore point. Ran the program and the the window just kept saying it was downloading and nothing was happening so I closed it.
Looks like I'll be using Media Companion for now...

I should of linked direct link. Right click save as: mediaelch 2.4.1

(2016-10-23, 22:14)the_bo Wrote: I should of linked direct link. Right click save as: mediaelch 2.4.1

Heh, yeah, it's all German. Rammstein is one of my favorite bands but I don't understand enough to navigate that website.

Anyway I got it. Deleted the folder and cleared my registry.
Running 2.4.1 and still having the same issue.
I can't imagine what could possibly be causing this....

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - the_bo - 2016-10-24

(2016-10-23, 23:58)huttdes Wrote:
(2016-10-23, 22:14)the_bo Wrote: I should of linked direct link. Right click save as: mediaelch 2.4.1

Heh, yeah, it's all German. Rammstein is one of my favorite bands but I don't understand enough to navigate that website.

Anyway I got it. Deleted the folder and cleared my registry.
Running 2.4.1 and still having the same issue.
I can't imagine what could possibly be causing this....

Ich will great tune Big Grin

Hmm so is everything else working correctly (movie info scraping) just the image loading.

Strange I'm not sure if there's any settings that would help.

Is the images being downloaded from themoviedb? That works for me.

I hope you can get this working because its the best media manager around.

Maybe contact the mediaelech owner through email.

I'll check the mediaelch settings on my machine see if there's anything that might help.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - huttdes - 2016-10-24

(2016-10-24, 01:11)the_bo Wrote: Ich will great tune Big Grin

Hmm so is everything else working correctly (movie info scraping) just the image loading.

Strange I'm not sure if there's any settings that would help.

Is the images being downloaded from themoviedb? That works for me.

I hope you can get this working because its the best media manager around.

Maybe contact the mediaelech owner through email.

I'll check the mediaelch settings on my machine see if there's anything that might help.

Ha, yeah it is! I don't know if you've had the pleasure but they are amazing live. I've seen them twice including the Madison Square Garden show that they recently released on DVD!!

This is a weird situation and I can't really imagine any settings that could cause a problem like this.
I was actually even thinking a PC issue and reinstalled windows yesterday. No luck

It DOES acquire the artwork AND I can save it... what I can't do is change it.
After it downloads for example if I click the poster to bring up the screen to choose my own art it doesn't show up....
Go to one of your movies and click on a piece of art then when you see the second popup window with your other choices leave the new window be and click the main window again. Hear the alert ding it makes?
That's what happens to me except the second screen isn't visible anywhere. And I have to hit escape before I can get access to my main screen again.... clicking escape closes the second window.... I used to do that all the time.

My movie scraper settings are all TMDB except the title which is IMDB.

I have no clue where else to go with this... I may have to email MediaElch like you said... you'd think they would monitor this thread though...

Thanks for the help!