Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - CoinTos - 2020-01-30

@bugwelle Any chance you could add the codec tag to audio section of streamdetails for the nfo? When I add codec to audio section in the nfo and refresh it displays the all the proper media flags in confluence. Right now all my movies are missing their audio codec media flag, not the end of the world or anything but I though I would suggest addition if possible. Thanks for your hard work on MediaElch.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2020-01-31

(2020-01-30, 22:27)CoinTos Wrote: @bugwelle Any chance you could add the codec tag to audio section of streamdetails for the nfo? When I add codec to audio section in the nfo and refresh it displays the all the proper media flags in confluence. Right now all my movies are missing their audio codec media flag, not the end of the world or anything but I though I would suggest addition if possible. Thanks for your hard work on MediaElch.

Hi, if I understand you correctly then you're missing the <codec> tag in the <audio> section of <streamdetails> in your movie's NFO file? That should actually be generated... What codec would you expect to have? :-)
Unless the audio codec isn't recognized by MediaElch of course.
MediaElch also has a few audio codec images (these ones to be precise).

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - CoinTos - 2020-01-31

(2020-01-31, 12:36)bugwelle Wrote:
(2020-01-30, 22:27)CoinTos Wrote: @bugwelle Any chance you could add the codec tag to audio section of streamdetails for the nfo? When I add codec to audio section in the nfo and refresh it displays the all the proper media flags in confluence. Right now all my movies are missing their audio codec media flag, not the end of the world or anything but I though I would suggest addition if possible. Thanks for your hard work on MediaElch.

Hi, if I understand you correctly then you're missing the <codec> tag in the <audio> section of <streamdetails> in your movie's NFO file? That should actually be generated... What codec would you expect to have? :-)
Unless the audio codec isn't recognized by MediaElch of course.
MediaElch also has a few audio codec images (these ones to be precise).     
Interesting so going by the information and images provided, this should be working. Here are a couple of examples of what mediainfo sees and what gets found and saved in the nfo by MediaElch. I am running MediaElch 2.6.2 on windows 10 so it might be a setting I am missing but I can't find it.

Code:
Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC LC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID                                 : A_AAC-2
Duration                                 : 1 h 49 min
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel layout                           : L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Title                                    : AAC
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

<fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <durationinseconds>6555</durationinseconds>
                <codec>h264</codec>
                <aspect>2.4</aspect>
                <width>720</width>
                <height>300</height>
                <scantype>progressive</scantype>
            </video>
            <audio>
                <language>eng</language>
                <channels>2</channels>
            </audio>
            <subtitle>
                <language>eng</language>
            </subtitle>
            <subtitle/>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>
Code:
Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : DTS
Format/Info                              : Digital Theater Systems
Codec ID                                 : A_DTS
Duration                                 : 1 h 47 min
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 1 509 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel layout                           : C L R Ls Rs LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF)
Bit depth                                : 24 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 1.14 GiB (26%)
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

<fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <video>
                <durationinseconds>6462</durationinseconds>
                <codec>h264</codec>
                <aspect>2.353</aspect>
                <width>1280</width>
                <height>544</height>
                <scantype>progressive</scantype>
            </video>
            <audio>
                <language>eng</language>
                <channels>6</channels>
            </audio>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>

Edit: Nevermind, I found a solution to my problem, I missed the option to turn that part of the nfo off in the Global settings of MediaElch. Letting Kodi doing the detecting vs having MediaElch save what it detected in the nfo works much better in my situation. Thanks again for reply.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2020-02-01

(2020-01-31, 14:27)CoinTos Wrote: Edit: Nevermind, I found a solution to my problem, I missed the option to turn that part of the nfo off in the Global settings of MediaElch. Letting Kodi doing the detecting vs having MediaElch save what it detected in the nfo works much better in my situation. Thanks again for reply.
Good to hear :-)
Btw, the next MediaElch version has reworked the audio-codec detection because it kind of broke in v2.6.2 (totally forgot about that). For reference, the GitHub issue: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/797

Regards,
Andre

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - hewwra - 2020-02-01

As seen in this picture I can not choose another image provider (like fanart.tv) for my extrafanarts since its greyed out. I can however choose fanart.tv if I click on poster, fanart, thumb, logo, clear art, character art and banner.

The show is called The Mandalorian and I just scraped the show for the first time and saved it.
I use the latest nightly.

Edit: I just checked the previous nightly (2020-01-18_21-24) and it wasn't greyed out there but the only thing I could choose was default.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2020-02-01

(2020-02-01, 20:13)hewwra Wrote: As seen in this picture I can not choose another image provider (like fanart.tv) for my extrafanarts since its greyed out. I can however choose fanart.tv if I click on poster, fanart, thumb, logo, clear art, character art and banner.

The show is called The Mandalorian and I just scraped the show for the first time and saved it.
I use the latest nightly.

If the field is greyed out, it means that there simply is no other provider. For extrafanart (for TV shows) there currently does not exist an image provider at all. The images you see ("default" is selected) are actually images whose URLs were downloaded when you scraped the TV show using TheTvDb. MediaElch does not search for further images on e.g. fanart.tv if "Default" is selected. This has caused a lot of confusion in the past and is why the dropdown is only activated if there is at least one image provider for the image type you want to download.
The related GitHub issue is: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/864

My summary of the issue was:

Quote:To summarize:
"Default" only loads images whose URLs were downloaded while scraping a movie/TV show/etc.
Neither Fanart.tv nor any other image provider is queried. If you select another provider like Fanart.tv then it is queried for the movie/TV show by using the correct ID (e.g. TheTvDb id or IMDb id).
[...]

The reason that made me disable the fields under certain circumstances was that it confused a few users (and myself as well). For example if you wanted to download extra fanart for an unscraped movie, no images were shown at all and not only did the search not work (because no image provider is available a.t.m.), no error message was shown either. Now users get a warning if neither provider nor default images are available:

That behavior still needs to be documented, though. I also need to document what image types can be downloaded for TV shows from fanart.tv...

Regards,
Andre

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - hewwra - 2020-02-01

OK so basically this is not a bug but simply something that hasn't been implemented in MediaElch (the ability to download extrafanart from fanart.tv)?

I have the following in my advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<studios useFirstStudioOnly="true">
But it no longer works since multiple studios are saved to the nfo file. New bug?

Saving Poster as both poster.jpg & folder.jpg - b.z.z. - 2020-02-01

I'm in the process of converting my media library from a WMC / MyMovies.dk format into a Kodi friendly format and am enjoying MediaElch.  Thanks for sharing your work!

I'm wondering if there is a way to save the poster art as folder.jpg.  Ideally 2 copies, one named poster.jpg & another name folder.jpg.  In MediaElch Settings > Movies I have "<baseFileName>-poster.jpg,folder.jpg" in the Poster field but only one image is being saved, poster.jpg.

(2020-02-01, 21:39)hewwra Wrote: I have the following in my advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
But it no longer works since multiple studios are saved to the nfo file. New bug?

Indeed. A bug that only affects the nightlies since about a month (since 2019-12-30 to be precise; it was this commit)... v2.6.2 is not affected. I was careless when I simplified the advancedsettings.xml reader.. I know what causes your issue and will fix this soon. :-)

hewwra Wrote:OK so basically this is not a bug but simply something that hasn't been implemented in MediaElch (the ability to download extrafanart from fanart.tv)?
Exactly. MediaElch never queried fanart.tv for extra fanart. Undecided

RE: Saving Poster as both poster.jpg & folder.jpg - bugwelle - 2020-02-01

(2020-02-01, 23:08)b.z.z. Wrote: I'm in the process of converting my media library from a WMC / MyMovies.dk format into a Kodi friendly format and am enjoying MediaElch.  Thanks for sharing your work!

I'm wondering if there is a way to save the poster art as folder.jpg.  Ideally 2 copies, one named poster.jpg & another name folder.jpg.  In MediaElch Settings > Movies I have "<baseFileName>-poster.jpg,folder.jpg" in the Poster field but only one image is being saved, poster.jpg.

At the moment, MediaElch can only save a movie's poster under one filename. It can't make a copy with a different name. :-)

RE: Saving Poster as both poster.jpg & folder.jpg - b.z.z. - 2020-02-02

(2020-02-01, 23:25)bugwelle Wrote:
(2020-02-01, 23:08)b.z.z. Wrote: I'm in the process of converting my media library from a WMC / MyMovies.dk format into a Kodi friendly format and am enjoying MediaElch.  Thanks for sharing your work!

At the moment, MediaElch can only save a movie's poster under one filename. It can't make a copy with a different name. :-) 

Thanks for the quick reply & confirmation!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2020-02-02

(2020-02-01, 21:39)hewwra Wrote: I have the following in my advancedsettings.xml:
Code:

Issue will be fixed by https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/pull/880
Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for reporting. :-)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - hewwra - 2020-02-02

I can confirm that useFirstStudioOnly is now working again in the latest nightly.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2020-02-04

Hi,

as I've now fixed the most pressing issues, I plan to release a new stable MediaElch version in the next month.
I consider the current nightly as a "release candidate". Please report any issues you experience and I'll fix them before the next stable version (hopefully).

The TV show tree has been reworked a bit. The feature "Show missing episodes" should now work fine again as well.

Thanks,
Andre

PS: I had planned to release the next stable version in December but due to a few important bugs, I had to postpone the release.