Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - spitz66 - 2020-12-25

I have just recently started to use MediaElch for managing my music library, thank you so much for your excellent work!  Smile

But it seems to have problem to handle the character "&" in album titles as my example below?

Also when trying to scrape multiple albums selecting for example only "CD Art" it seems to scrape only some albums.
When scraping them individially they are scraped just fine.

It's a bit struggling when handling a library with about 3000 albums..  Wink

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2020-12-25

(2020-12-24, 15:30)robertus Wrote:
(2020-12-24, 14:48)bugwelle Wrote:
(2020-12-24, 14:13)robertus Wrote: If i selected all episode and press save or save all, doesn't save nothing

Clicking the "Save all" button should work. Tested it locally and it works with my test setup. NFOs are updated.
What operating system are you on? Where are the files stored (on your PC's disk, on a NAS, ...)? :-)
Windows 10 PRO.

File stored locally and i have tried also to mount my google drive, same story.
You must select every episode one by one, then save, and save nfo for episode.
If i select all episode and save all, do nothing.
If needed i can make a video

Then it's a bug. Undecided
So the Save All button doesn't work? I can't reproduce this currently as I don't have a Windows machine and am currently not at home. Will have to try it in two weeks.

Happy Holidays. :-)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2020-12-25

(2020-12-25, 13:30)spitz66 Wrote: But it seems to have problem to handle the character "&" in album titles as my example below?

Tested it. MediaElch does not report errors in the NFO file, at the moment.
The issue is the "&". NFO files are XML files and there "&" should be escaped as "&". Try to replace "&" with "&" and it should work again. :-)

Regards,
Andre

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - spitz66 - 2020-12-25

(2020-12-25, 19:18)bugwelle Wrote:
(2020-12-25, 13:30)spitz66 Wrote: But it seems to have problem to handle the character "&" in album titles as my example below?

Tested it. MediaElch does not report errors in the NFO file, at the moment.
The issue is the "&". NFO files are XML files and there "&" should be escaped as "&". Try to replace "&" with "&" and it should work again. :-)

Regards,
Andre
Thanks, "&" solved the issue.  Smile
The Music Multi Scrape in example above however does not seem to work as each time I scrape ~5-10 new discarts found.

Have a continued nice Christmas!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Bungee_G - 2020-12-27

Hello, I have an another question :

When I add for example a fanart for the season 2 and that on Kodi I am browsing into the Espinoza of this season, why does it display the fa art of the TV Show and not the one of the season 2 ?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - meek933716 - 2021-01-02

(2020-12-24, 14:48)bugwelle Wrote:
(2020-12-24, 14:13)robertus Wrote: If i selected all episode and press save or save all, doesn't save nothing

Clicking the "Save all" button should work. Tested it locally and it works with my test setup. NFOs are updated.
What operating system are you on? Where are the files stored (on your PC's disk, on a NAS, ...)? :-)
Windows 10 PRO.

+1 But I'm running MediaElch on Ubuntu.
* MediaElch_linux_2.8.2_2020-12-20_git-8ee88442.AppImage
* Linux msike 5.4.0-58-generic #64-Ubuntu SMP Wed Dec 9 08:16:25 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Basically I can get MediaElch find episodes but the "Save All" button doesn't work. I have to click each episode individually and click save one by one.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2021-01-02

(2021-01-02, 18:10)meek933716 Wrote:
(2020-12-24, 14:48)bugwelle Wrote: Clicking the "Save all" button should work. Tested it locally and it works with my test setup. NFOs are updated.
Windows 10 PRO.

+1 But I'm running MediaElch on Ubuntu.
* MediaElch_linux_2.8.2_2020-12-20_git-8ee88442.AppImage
* Linux msike 5.4.0-58-generic #64-Ubuntu SMP Wed Dec 9 08:16:25 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Basically I can get MediaElch find episodes but the "Save All" button doesn't work. I have to click each episode individually and click save one by one.

Thanks for reporting. I've implemented some changes that may fix this issue. I plan to make a bugfix release next weekend. :-)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - meek933716 - 2021-01-02

Nice!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - xekon - 2021-01-03

disregard, working now.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Kallita - 2021-01-03

Okay; I have been using mediaelch for a little while now and have figured out most of it .
I like the general layout and how it works for me so far.
I am having one problem in particular that is troubling me at the present.
I am trying to integrate mediaelch with kodi but it is not working. I have kodi running on a networked computer and it is fine, i can access it without a problem.
I am running Mediaelch from another networked computer that is my main one but different from the kodi machine.
As Far as i can tell the kodi server is set up and running.
And i have set up mediaelch with the same credentials as on the server, and the IP address and port is correct.
When I attempt to do a kodi synchronization I get a "connection timed out" at the "getting Contents from Kodi" stage and nothing seems to happen in kodi after that.
so I went directly to the kodi machine and ran mediaelch on it using the same credentials as on my main machine, and it worked <yes i did double check the creds were the same>
I went back to the main machine and ran an RDP into the kodi machine hoping I would be able to run the mediaelch with RDP but everytime i try to start mediaelch on the kodi machine i get an "error 87" Failure to start.
now I know that that error is from running a virtual video driver for the RDP, but I had the error on another program before and removed the virtual driver < yes i checked to make sure it was not active>
So my Question is.... how to get mediaelch to synch with kodi? Either by solving the Time out error, or the Error 87 to allow me to RDP in and use it on the kodi machine?
thanks for any suggestions
Me
PS: just to be annoying: Subtitles in Mediaelch? How or When? Cuz I havn't figured it out if it is there.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - dubster - 2021-01-04

Hey guys, does anyone have a quick start kind of guide ?

Checked the documentation link but there's nothing there.

When I start the program up the fonts are so small I cant work out where the settings are to add in some folders.
Ive tried the usual windows compatibility checkboxes but they don't seem to fix anything.

Any help in getting started with the program would be a appreciated.

Thanks a lot

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2021-01-04

(2021-01-03, 00:51)Kallita Wrote: So my Question is.... how to get mediaelch to synch with kodi? Either by solving the Time out error, or the Error 87 to allow me to RDP in and use it on the kodi machine?
thanks for any suggestions
Me
PS: just to be annoying: Subtitles in Mediaelch? How or When? Cuz I havn't figured it out if it is there.

Hi,

this was implemented by the original MediaElch author. I have never used that feature which is why I can't even say how it was supposed to work. Undecided
My personal recommendation is to only use the generated NFOs.

I can dig into the synchronization stuff but as there are other bugs and features that need attention first, I can't decide on any timeline.

Regarding subtitles: What extensions do your subtitles have? :-)
MediaElch looks for e.g. ".sub" and lists them in "Streamdetails" tab for movies. There is no feature for downloading them, yet.

Regards,
Andre

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2021-01-04

(2021-01-04, 16:48)dubster Wrote: Hey guys, does anyone have a quick start kind of guide ?

When I start the program up the fonts are so small I cant work out where the settings are to add in some folders.
Ive tried the usual windows compatibility checkboxes but they don't seem to fix anything.

Thanks a lot

Hi,

there does not exist a quick start guide. Didn't find the time to write one, yet. The basic steps are: Go to settings, add your folder and set its type (movie/tv show/...), reload and get the list of your movies.

Could you post a screenshot here? :-)
I don't have a Windows system to test it on at the moment. MediaElch does not support high DPI displays on Windows, yet. Is there an option to tell Windows that it does not support high DPI? I'm not a Windows user so I cannot really help here, sorry.

Regards,
Andre

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - dubster - 2021-01-04

(2021-01-04, 19:06)bugwelle Wrote:
(2021-01-04, 16:48)dubster Wrote: Hey guys, does anyone have a quick start kind of guide ?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

there does not exist a quick start guide. Didn't find the time to write one, yet. The basic steps are: Go to settings, add your folder and set its type (movie/tv show/...), reload and get the list of your movies.

I don't have a Windows system to test it on at the moment. MediaElch does not support high DPI displays on Windows, yet. Is there an option to tell Windows that it does not support high DPI? I'm not a Windows user so I cannot really help here, sorry.

Regards,
Andre

Hi Andre

Unfortunately the 2 high dpi compatibility settings in Windows dont seem to do anything.

A lot of new laptops are 4k now so I guess others will hit the same problem as me.

Screenshot - sure : 

(2021-01-04, 19:17)dubster Wrote:
(2021-01-04, 19:06)bugwelle Wrote:

Thanks a lot

Hi,

Regards,
Andre

Hi Andre

Unfortunately the 2 high dpi compatibility settings in Windows dont seem to do anything.

A lot of new laptops are 4k now so I guess others will hit the same problem as me.

Screenshot - sure : 

Thanks for the screenshot! There is already an open issue: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/429
I'll add your image there. :-)

What you could try is to download MediaElch.exe.manifest.txt, copy it next to MediaElch.exe, remove the .txt postfix from the file (otherwise I cannot upload it to GitHub) and try it again. No guarantees that it works, though. https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/429#issuecomment-754135558

Regards,
Andre