Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2021-02-01

(2021-01-31, 19:26)Bungee_G Wrote: Hello, I just saw that the thumbnail size for tv show episodes is 400x225, I use the camera button to extract an image from a video but the thumbnails size is 400x225 while my videos are 1920x1080 and there are some others skin that display the thumbnail in a big size so the thumbnail seem to be be of poor quality... So is it possible to extract images with that camera but in 1920x1080 instead of 400x225 ?

Hi,

that option is not yet part of the use interfacce, but you can use an advancedsettings.xml: https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-doc/settings.html#advanced-settings
You have to adapt these lines: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/blob/master/docs/advancedsettings.xml#L57-L60

xml:
<!--
Dimensions of generated episode thumbnails.
The aspect ratio of the original file will be respected, though.
Both have to be numbers >= 100.
-->
<episodeThumb>
<width>400</width>
<height>300</height>
</episodeThumb>

Regards,
Andre

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Bungee_G - 2021-02-01

(2021-02-01, 09:48)bugwelle Wrote:
(2021-01-31, 19:26)Bungee_G Wrote: Hello, I just saw that the thumbnail size for tv show episodes is 400x225, I use the camera button to extract an image from a video but the thumbnails size is 400x225 while my videos are 1920x1080 and there are some others skin that display the thumbnail in a big size so the thumbnail seem to be be of poor quality... So is it possible to extract images with that camera but in 1920x1080 instead of 400x225 ?

Hi,

that option is not yet part of the use interfacce, but you can use an advancedsettings.xml: https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-doc/settings.html#advanced-settings
You have to adapt these lines: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/blob/master/docs/advancedsettings.xml#L57-L60

xml:
<!--
Dimensions of generated episode thumbnails.
The aspect ratio of the original file will be respected, though.
Both have to be numbers >= 100.
-->
<episodeThumb>
<width>400</width>
<height>300</height>
</episodeThumb>

Regards,
Andre

Thanks !

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - dpermar - 2021-02-01

(2021-01-31, 16:43)bugwelle Wrote:
(2021-01-31, 13:31)dpermar Wrote: Hello, when using MediaElch I find that sometimes two (non-duplicates) movies are scraped as the same movie. Then If I do a batch renaming of all I review the action by the "Dry Run" option. That's great, but it would be better if in the "Dry Run list" there was a per-item checkbox so that some files are excluded from the rename. Is there such an option or the plan to implement it?

Thanks.

Hi,

such feature is not planned, yet. What movies are scraped as the same one? Smile

I have experiences two cases:
  • Same title and year: as "Dracula (1931)". Yes there are at least 2 "Draculas" released on 1931  Confused. Oviously I could add distinct info such as <director>, but if I miss that, would the first renamed be overwritten by the seconde one or just raise an error?
  • Same film with 2 versions, such as 2 languages or "extended", "director's cut", etc.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Bungee_G - 2021-02-02

Also, I forgot to ask, what will happen if I extract a 1920x1080 thumbnail from a 1080x720 resolution video ?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - dpermar - 2021-02-04

Hello,
Maybe I am pushing this piece of software too far, but I have seen that some of my tags are in Spanish and others in English. I want the movies titles to be en Spanish, however I do not want to mix tags in both languages (genres in this case). Is there a way in MediaElch to force either the tags or the title to be in one language but not the other?

Apart from that it would be great to have a filter to show only non-saved entries. I find the filters section somehow undocumented. Are the details on this feature somwhere else apart from the docs?

Thanks.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2021-02-05

(2021-02-01, 23:57)dpermar Wrote: Same title and year: as "Dracula (1931)". Yes there are at least 2 "Draculas" released on 1931  Confused. Oviously I could add distinct info such as <director>, but if I miss that, would the first renamed be overwritten by the seconde one or just raise an error?

Oh! Ok. FYI, MediaElch will fail to rename the second movie's directory. But all files in the directory are renamed. See: (two directories: "Psycho (1960)" and "Psycho (1960) 2")

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2021-02-05

(2021-02-02, 18:45)Bungee_G Wrote: Also, I forgot to ask, what will happen if I extract a 1920x1080 thumbnail from a 1080x720 resolution video ?

Then the image is upscaled :-)

(2021-02-04, 19:03)dpermar Wrote: Hello,
Maybe I am pushing this piece of software too far, but I have seen that some of my tags are in Spanish and others in English. I want the movies titles to be en Spanish, however I do not want to mix tags in both languages (genres in this case). Is there a way in MediaElch to force either the tags or the title to be in one language but not the other?

Apart from that it would be great to have a filter to show only non-saved entries. I find the filters section somehow undocumented. Are the details on this feature somwhere else apart from the docs?

Thanks.

Hi,

MediaElch loads all details in the language you selected in the search dialog or settings. But it may be the case that some scrapers still have tags in English, even if Spanish is requested. Nothing we can do for that case. Undecided

No, such filter does not exist and it is not planned. There is currently also a bug where just clicking on a movie marks it as unsaved. Until that is fixed, "sort by unsaved" is not planned. :-)
Regarding documentation: There is not a lot of documentation. I don't have enough time for that at the moment, sorry. Undecided
The "quick start guide" was written just last week: https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-doc/quick-start.html

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Maxi - 2021-02-07

Hello @bugwelle 

Are you planning to update the Ubuntu repositories to include 20.10 Groovi ?

I tried to install the package with apt and the repository and I got an error, and for what I saw the repository does not include 20.10

E: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/mediaelch/mediaelch-stable/ubuntu groovy Release' does not have a Release file.

Thanks in advance

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2021-02-07

(2021-02-07, 04:07)Maxi Wrote: Hello @bugwelle 

Are you planning to update the Ubuntu repositories to include 20.10 Groovi ?

I tried to install the package with apt and the repository and I got an error, and for what I saw the repository does not include 20.10

E: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/mediaelch/mediaelch-stable/ubuntu groovy Release' does not have a Release file.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I forgot about Groovy. I've updated my release script. If I don't forget it, I'll release v2.8.6 for Groovy tomorrow. If I forget, just remind me on Tuesday. :-)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Maxi - 2021-02-08

(2021-02-07, 12:56)bugwelle Wrote:
(2021-02-07, 04:07)Maxi Wrote:  
Hi,

I forgot about Groovy. I've updated my release script. If I don't forget it, I'll release v2.6.6 for Groovy tomorrow. If I forget, just remind me on Tuesday. :-)

Any chance to have the latest one, 2.8.X instead of 2.6.6? Or it was a typo?

Thanks !!!

Max

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2021-02-08

(2021-02-08, 00:07)Maxi Wrote:
(2021-02-07, 04:07)Maxi Wrote:  
Hi,

I forgot about Groovy. I've updated my release script. If I don't forget it, I'll release v2.6.6 for Groovy tomorrow. If I forget, just remind me on Tuesday. :-)

Thanks !!!

Max

Hi, yes I meant 2.8.6. :-)
For some reason, I can't get launchpad to accept the groovy package, sorry. I don't have time at the moment to debug this.
Would the "focal" repository work for you (i.e. Ubuntu 20.04)?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2021-02-08

(2021-02-07, 12:56)bugwelle Wrote: Hi,

Thanks !!!

Max

Nevermind, I found the issue. A package for Groovy was pushed to launchpad just now. It needs to successfully build and then you can download it. :-)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Maxi - 2021-02-09

(2021-02-08, 13:44)bugwelle Wrote:
Nevermind, I found the issue. A package for Groovy was pushed to launchpad just now. It needs to successfully build and then you can download it. :-)

It works perfect !!! Thanks A LOT !!!

Max

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2021-02-09

(2021-02-09, 08:22)Maxi Wrote: It works perfect !!! Thanks A LOT !!!

Max

Glad to here that! :-)
Thanks for confirming that it works.

Just FYI: Groovy is only supported until July 2021. After that, I won't be able to upload new MediaElch versions to launchpad.net even if I wanted. :-)

-----------

For everyone: We currently host our binaries at GitHub.com and bintray.com. Sadly, bintray.com will shut down entirely in March (or April?). I'm still searching for another place to upload our Binaries to (for Windows, macOS and Linux). If anyone knows a good place, please let me know. :-)