Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - robertus - 2021-02-10

There is always a bug, that i previous show in some post ago

Is possible to fix it ?

Is impossible to edit, one by one, episode and episode,in this way is too slow for me

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Anderella - 2021-02-16

Hi,

what I have to do - hopefully not manually - to add the local saved trailer to the info page of each movie?

For example, I put local trailer to my movie folder DARK KNIGHT RISES:

DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY].mkv
DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY].nfo
DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY]-fanart.jpg
DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY]-poster.jpg

DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY]-trailer.mp4

After reloading the library, also tried with reload infos (select trailer), the trailer text field stays empty and playback via play trailer button is not possible....
On some movies I have a youtube link, I don't want to keep.
If a local trailer is found, it would be great, if this could be added.

Any suggestions?
Thanks for help. (I'm using version 2.8.6 on osx)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2021-02-18

(2021-02-16, 01:39)Anderella Wrote: Hi,

what I have to do - hopefully not manually - to add the local saved trailer to the info page of each movie?

For example, I put local trailer to my movie folder DARK KNIGHT RISES:

DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY].mkv
DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY].nfo
DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY]-fanart.jpg
DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY]-poster.jpg

DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY]-trailer.mp4

After reloading the library, also tried with reload infos (select trailer), the trailer text field stays empty and playback via play trailer button is not possible....
On some movies I have a youtube link, I don't want to keep.
If a local trailer is found, it would be great, if this could be added.

Any suggestions?

I can confirm this bug. Turns out, MediaElch has issues with the filename. If the movie is just called "DARK_KNIGHT_RISES.mkv" (without [BLURAY]), MediaElch will find the local trailer.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2021-02-18

(2021-02-16, 01:39)Anderella Wrote: [...]
Any suggestions?

Your issue will be fixed with https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/pull/1231
Thanks for reporting!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - robertus - 2021-02-18

Hi @bugwelle  have you received my message about my issue ? You need others things?

(2021-02-18, 16:45)robertus Wrote: Hi @bugwelle  have you received my message about my issue ? You need others things?

Hi,

yes. Sorry, I thought I had replied... I didn't have the time to investigate your issue in depth, yet. Sorry.
But I have an idea what the issue could be. Your video helped with that. :-)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Anderella - 2021-02-19

(2021-02-18, 12:53)bugwelle Wrote:
Any suggestions?

Thanks for reporting!
Thank you very much @bugwelle, sounds great.

Is there any chance to add an option for individual "naming schemes" for trailers in the settings tab?
Like for posters, banners.....

Right now I have to name my files:

DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY]-trailer.mp4             / "-trailer" for Mediaelch (for use with Kodi) and:
DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY] [TRAILER].mp4      / " [TRAILER]" for Yamj (for use with nmt)

And:
If there is more than one trailer file in the same directory, Mediaelch doesn't "read" the movie.nfo anymore. The movie ends as new movie with no infos in the library.
(After deleting the trailer files, the movie is again recognized correct)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2021-02-19

(2021-02-19, 02:40)Anderella Wrote:
(2021-02-18, 12:53)bugwelle Wrote:
Any suggestions?

Thanks for reporting!

Is there any chance to add an option for individual "naming schemes" for trailers in the settings tab?

DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY]-trailer.mp4             / "-trailer" for Mediaelch (for use with Kodi) and:
DARK_KNIGHT_RISES_[BLURAY] [TRAILER].mp4      / " [TRAILER]" for Yamj (for use with nmt)

And:
If there is more than one trailer file in the same directory, Mediaelch doesn't "read" the movie.nfo anymore. The movie ends as new movie with no infos in the library.

Hi,

sorry, at the moment that's not possible. "-trailer" is hard coded. I've opened a feature request to keep track of it here: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/1232

Regarding your "PS:". Could you list all files in that directory. I couldn't reproduce that issue.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Anderella - 2021-02-19

(2021-02-19, 09:09)bugwelle Wrote:
(2021-02-19, 02:40)Anderella Wrote:
(2021-02-18, 12:53)bugwelle Wrote: Image
Thanks for reporting!

And:

Hi,

sorry, at the moment that's not possible. "-trailer" is hard coded. I've opened a feature request to keep track of it here: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/1232

Regarding your "PS:". Could you list all files in that directory. I couldn't reproduce that issue.
Hi, thank you again.

Just tried again with "my naming" and your naming, same problem - I think this problem could be owed to my "special" naming of:  [TRAILER]
Here's a link to my Screenshot, sorry I couldn't accomplish to upload a picture Sad
File Naming

And the "non" reading of the two movies, with existing NFO-files:
Non Reading

Maybe you can add something like: Ignore files with: "*[TRAILER]*" pattern in the settings?
(I mean individual settings for files to ignore)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Kallita - 2021-02-22

Just noticed a bug in 2.8.6. Setting- Movies- naming- <baseFileName> is supposed to add the file name without extension but is in fact adding the extension as well.
example of saved file name:
original: Sleepaway.Camp.II-Unhappy.Campers.1988.1080p.BluRay.SHOUT.CE.Plus.Comm.FLAC.x264-MaG.mkv
new: Sleepaway.Camp.II-Unhappy.Campers.1988.1080p.BluRay.SHOUT.CE.Plus.Comm.FLAC.x264-MaG.mkv-clearlogo.png
new: Sleepaway.Camp.II-Unhappy.Campers.1988.1080p.BluRay.SHOUT.CE.Plus.Comm.FLAC.x264-MaG.mkv.nfo

thanks for your time
me

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Kallita - 2021-02-22

Addendum to the last post.
It is also telling me that unless the files are named with filename.mkv.nfo they are considered as "New"
Is this the way it is supposed to be?
Shrug
Me

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2021-02-23

(2021-02-22, 23:29)Kallita Wrote: Addendum to the last post.
It is also telling me that unless the files are named with filename.mkv.nfo they are considered as "New"
Shrug
Me

Hi,

sorry, that's a known bug that won't be fixed until a new major release is published. This was reported once and I fixed it, but it had the side effect that many movies were no longer found (i.e. the NFO files were not recognized because MediaElch searched for the "fixed" basename + ".nfo"). See https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/1175#issuecomment-765213613

I did not implement a workaround or similar, yet (e.g. read old files, write to fixed file names).

Regards,
Andre

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Kallita - 2021-02-23

(2021-02-23, 10:12)bugwelle Wrote:
(2021-02-22, 23:29)Kallita Wrote: Addendum to the last post.
Shrug
Me

Hi,

sorry, that's a known bug that won't be fixed until a new major release is published. This was reported once and I fixed it, but it had the side effect that many movies were no longer found (i.e. the NFO files were not recognized because MediaElch searched for the "fixed" basename + ".nfo"). See https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/1175#issuecomment-765213613

I did not implement a workaround or similar, yet (e.g. read old files, write to fixed file names).

Regards,
Andre

Ok. Thanks for the info.

Feature request. After playing with the program for a while one of the things that is kinda annoying is having to constantly change the settings for what folders I want to scan. I will want to work only on the cartoon movies one day and the next I will want to work only on the new tvshows. This would require removing the old folders from settings and adding the new ones every time I want to work on something different.
So my request would be to have "preset" folders, where i can just click on a name and it would automagically change to and load the different groups of folders. for example: Cartoon Movies<rather than having them as part of Movies>, or New tvshows<I have my new shows in a separate folder until after they are scraped and renamed>  Some days I only want to work on one folder of Movies, and other days I want to work on all of them. Having a "preset" to switch between them would save removing the old folders from settings, and adding the new ones every time. Just something to think about for <most likely a ways in> the Future.
thanks for your time
Me

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Anderella - 2021-02-25

(2021-02-19, 12:19)Anderella Wrote:
(2021-02-19, 09:09)bugwelle Wrote:
(2021-02-19, 02:40)Anderella Wrote: Thank you very much @bugwelle, sounds great.

And:

Hi,

Hi, thank you again.

Just tried again with "my naming" and your naming, same problem - I think this problem could be owed to my "special" naming of:  [TRAILER]
Here's a link to my Screenshot, sorry I couldn't accomplish to upload a picture Sad
File Naming

And the "non" reading of the two movies, with existing NFO-files:
Non Reading

Maybe you can add something like: Ignore files with: "*[TRAILER]*" pattern in the settings?
(I mean individual settings for files to ignore)
Don't wanna be impatientSmile
But could you verify my bug?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bugwelle - 2021-02-25

(2021-02-23, 21:39)Kallita Wrote: Feature request. After playing with the program for a while one of the things that is kinda annoying is having to constantly change the settings for what folders I want to scan. I will want to work only on the cartoon movies one day and the next I will want to work only on the new tvshows. This would require removing the old folders from settings and adding the new ones every time I want to work on something different.
[...

I thought about having "project files" for such a case. However, MediaElch does not have the internal structure for that.
What may be possible is a checkbox to enable/disable folders in the settings. Would that work for you? Smile