Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-10-30

(2012-10-30, 10:36)ArieS Wrote: If .bluray, .dvd could be ignored too, it would be great!

Have a look at Settings -> Exclude words Wink

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - ArieS - 2012-10-30

Doh!
Thanks Komet Smile

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - teemac - 2012-11-04

MediaElch now crashes and closes when started and clicking on TVShow OR Movie category on left column then any TVShow or Movie item. This has only been happening for the last 2 weeks or so - prior to this ME worked perfectly. I only use XBMC xml nfo files and no other database. I can not get ME to work at all now.

What I am using:
mediaelch_1.1-1_amd64.deb on Standard LinuxMint13 x64 KDE (Distro based on Ubuntu v12.04 x64 and KDE 4.9.2 and all latest updates) Intel i7 (920) cpu not overclocked, 6gb ram. Every other program on the machine has no problems.

What I have tried:
1. Uninstall MediaElch COMLETELY using Synaptic. Then delete both hidden MediaElch configuration files and folders in /home (MediaElch.conf shows in both /home/.config/kVibes and /home/.config/DanielKabel). Both MediaElch.conf files show similar information, but are different, one has more items.

2. Restart machine and reinstall ME, add directories to settings for TVShows and Movies, save settings, shutdown, restart. Same problem.

3. Do item 1. and 2. above again, and flush cache and disable it. Save settings, shutdown, restart. Same problem.

4. Repeat uninstall, delete config files and folders, reinstall, disable and flush cache, add media folders, enable debug, save, exit, restart, click on TVShows category item in left column, then click on a TVShow called 'Elementary' (any TVShow or Movie will also produce same results). ME dissappears (Crashes completely).

Last few lines from ME debug file where I think problem occurs (after clicking on TVShow program called 'Elementary':

"bool TvShowEpisode::loadData(MediaCenterInterface*) :" Loaded true
"virtual void TvShowFileSearcher::run() :" Searching for tv shows done
"void TvShowFilesWidget::renewModel() :" Entered
"virtual void ConcertFileSearcher::run() :" Entered
"virtual void ConcertFileSearcher::run() :" Searching for concerts done
"void MainWindow::onMenuTvShows() :" Entered
"void MainWindow::onFilterChanged(QList<Filter*>, QString) :" Filter has changed
"void TvShowFilesWidget::onItemActivated(QModelIndex, QModelIndex) :" Entered
"void TvShowWidget::onTvShowSelected(TvShow*) :" Entered, show= "Elementary"
"void TvShowWidgetTvShow:ConfusedetTvShow(TvShow*) :" Entered, show= "Elementary"
"void TvShowWidgetTvShow::updateTvShowInfo() :" Entered
"void TvShowWidgetTvShow::onClear() :" Entered
"int ImageDialog::calcColumnCount() :" Entered
"int ImageDialog::calcColumnCount() :" Returning cols= 3
"void ImageDialog::renderTable() :" Entered
"int ImageDialog::calcColumnCount() :" Entered
"int ImageDialog::calcColumnCount() :" Returning cols= 3

This the very end of the ME debug file - nothing else shows after the above.

Any ideas please, I can not find this problem in any other thread. MediaElch was working perfectly and I miss it very much.

**Note - also tried a fresh install of LinuxMint13 x64 KDE 2.8.5 (original version) on another machinewith all updates - same problem.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - pettergulbra - 2012-11-04

Does this program read what kind of media that the file is. So XBMC can see it after word via the .nfo file?
(Like sound type (dolby digital, dts and so on) and the quality of the movie (pixels)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-11-04

@teemac: Sorry for that, a bug in the last release (https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/issues/129). It's already fixed, next release is coming by the end of the next week.

@pettergulbra: Starting with the 1.2 release MediaElch uses libmediainfo to read the streamdetails and save it to the nfo files.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - ArieS - 2012-11-04

(2012-11-04, 12:40)Komet Wrote: @pettergulbra: Starting with the 1.2 release MediaElch uses libmediainfo to read the streamdetails and save it to the nfo files.
Can't wait! Wink

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - pettergulbra - 2012-11-04

(2012-11-04, 12:40)Komet Wrote: @pettergulbra: Starting with the 1.2 release MediaElch uses libmediainfo to read the streamdetails and save it to the nfo files.

That I look forward to! :-)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - steve1977 - 2012-11-05

Wow, very cool!!! Now just Trailer download is missing, and then it is pretty complete!!!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - RockDawg - 2012-11-05

(2012-10-27, 12:43)Komet Wrote: I also think it should be fine to use an external API, so, lets try it out Wink

Does this mean you'll be including IMDB scraping then?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-11-05

(2012-11-05, 06:19)RockDawg Wrote:
(2012-10-27, 12:43)Komet Wrote: I also think it should be fine to use an external API, so, lets try it out Wink

Yes, but not in the next release, this is planned for 1.3

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - pettergulbra - 2012-11-05

(2012-11-04, 21:38)pettergulbra Wrote:

That I look forward to! :-)

Will it be an option to just fetch this, and update the nfo file.
So I don`t have to regenerate every one of them.
They are saved in the folder for each movie.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-11-05

(2012-11-05, 13:12)pettergulbra Wrote: Will it be an option to just fetch this, and update the nfo file.
So I don`t have to regenerate every one of them.
They are saved in the folder for each movie.

They will be fetched when you select a movie (or, when automatic loading is disabled, manually with hitting a button).
So for now, there's no option to batch-load all missing stream details, this will follow in a later release (1.3 or 1.4)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - pettergulbra - 2012-11-06

Ok, thanks! I will try when 1.2 comes out. :-)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - RockDawg - 2012-11-07

(2012-11-05, 10:07)Komet Wrote:
(2012-11-05, 06:19)RockDawg Wrote:

Yes, but not in the next release, this is planned for 1.3

Glad to hear it. Thanks!

One more thing... Once you are using MediaInfo in 1.2 will you include an option to use the actual runtime of the file to be used for the Duration field instead of the scraped value?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-11-07

(2012-11-07, 02:16)RockDawg Wrote: Glad to hear it. Thanks!

One more thing... Once you are using MediaInfo in 1.2 will you include an option to use the actual runtime of the file to be used for the Duration field instead of the scraped value?

Oh, yes! Just forgot about this, but there will be an option.