Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Linusorg - 2012-11-27

Hi Komet,
i am using the macversion of ME and during the last 3 days it looks like VideoBuster did not work anymore ( or at least it does not bring back any results ).
is there something to configure or something that i cold do on my side ?
( i tried also some older movies, or well known Movies like avatar, but no luck )
read something in the changelog that you had to add ssl libs for windows, maybe the same is needed for mac ?
Best regards
Linus
PS.:
Multipart episodes, imdb and maybe different dirs for VIDEO_TS/BDMV is now part of my x-mas wishlist :-)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-11-27

Looks like they changed something on their page structure. Will be fixed in version 1.3.
The SSL libraries were only missing on Windows. The Mac OS package already contains them.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Solo0815 - 2012-11-27

(2012-11-26, 21:23)Komet Wrote: @Solo0815:
2. No, not known till now. Where are those incorrect characters? In the plot, or the show title or filenames? Which OS do you use, Windows?
This was because my files weren't named correctly UTF8. F*%ยง iso-8859-1 and cp850 :p I checked and renamed it with "convmv" on Debian or Ubuntu. Now all is ok. Sorry for the wrong bugreport Wink

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - soxism - 2012-11-28

(2012-11-26, 21:23)Komet Wrote: @soxism: I'll have a look into this. As I don't know any scraper who supports a separate "outline" I think it's enough to automatically generate it. Maybe another textfield in MediaElch will be too much.

So i looked into it a little bit. Depending on the Scraper your using if its:

Themoviedb.com
<plot> & <outline> is filled with the text from the Overview

as an example Using the Movie The Bourne Supremacy <plot> & <outline> are filled with:
Quote:When a CIA operation to purchase classified Russian documents is blown by a rival agent, who then shows up in the sleepy seaside village where Bourne and Marie have been living. The pair run for their lives and Bourne, who promised retaliation should anyone from his former life attempt contact, is forced to once again take up his life as a trained assassin to survive.

http://www.imdb.com
<outline> is filled with whatever text is just below the rating

<plot> is filled with the text from the stoyline div

Using the Movie The Bourne Supremacy
<outline> is filled with
Quote:When Jason Bourne is framed for a botched CIA operation he is forced to take up his former life as a trained assassin to survive.

<plot> is filled with
Quote:After escaping from the emotional and physical pain he previously encountered. Jason Bourne and his girlfriend Marie begin a new life as far away as possible. But when an assassination attempt on Bourne goes horribly wrong, Bourne must re-enter the life he wanted to leave behind, in order to find out the truth why they are still after him.

If we could get an extra input field for the outline next to each other like EMM or how ever you see fit to implement it, that would be AMAZING!!! Would save manual editing of the .nfo's and even if i have to change the outline by hand it can all be done from one Central Amazing Awesome App!

Im also Asking this because i am / have been working on a Skin that (along with the others) Use the <outline> Field, then if you bring up the extra info the <plot> would come into action....
If you cant work it in, that fine too!! ...But Thankyou HEAPS for at least looking into it!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Solo0815 - 2012-11-28

@ Komet:
Maybe you can leave out some common words from scraping:
avi, xvid, x264, h264, 5.1, 2.0, ac3, 1080p, 720p, german, DL, DTS, ...
This would give better search results. Without it, you have to delete it manually before scraping Wink

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-11-28

(2012-11-28, 18:35)Solo0815 Wrote: Maybe you can leave out some common words from scraping:
avi, xvid, x264, h264, 5.1, ac3, 1080p, 720p, german, DL, ...
This would give better search results. Without it, you have to delete it manually before scraping Wink

Settings -> "Words to exclude from media names" Wink
@soxism: Outline will be editable with the next release.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Randall Lind - 2012-11-29

Why does it show my movies 2-3 times in the list? I am new to this program.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-11-29

(2012-11-29, 03:31)Randall Lind Wrote: Why does it show my movies 2-3 times in the list? I am new to this program.

Answered several times before... Wink Try disabling the cache or wait for 1.3 release.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - NorDemoniac - 2012-11-30

Would it be possible in the future to make MediaElch update the XBMC library, but still use XMLs? So that if I change a movie poster, XBMC will automatically get it?
Also adding new shows/movies to XBMC without using the "search for new content" button in XBMC.

Btw: Great work with this program. Never crashed here! And when I miss a feature, I go to this thread, and before I've even posted a reply, it's already in the application.

"Would be great to have the possibility to exclude 1080p, 720p and 480p from the search... wait - no, it's already there." Nod

Perfect!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - RockDawg - 2012-11-30

(2012-11-30, 15:47)NorDemoniac Wrote: Would it be possible in the future to make MediaElch update the XBMC library, but still use XMLs? So that if I change a movie poster, XBMC will automatically get it?

+1

Ember Media Manager used to have this feature (before it broke) and I loved it. Any change to a movie or TV show and the library is updated.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - sergiocos - 2012-11-30

(2012-11-28, 18:36)Komet Wrote: Settings -> "Words to exclude from media names" Wink
It would be nice to have also the possibility to exclude extensions (*.dat)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - steve1977 - 2012-12-01

Any indications on 1.3 ETA? With EMM now fully broken, im desperately looking for a replacement. Understand 1.3 may bring an external IMDB scraper And potentially even some trailer download. This will finally allow full switch!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - NorDemoniac - 2012-12-01

Another quick question:

Why does my MediaElch search for movies/shows two times?

First the one which is listing the movies as it searches through, then just a bar where it says "searching for movies".

It takes about 10-15 minutes to start MediaElch here. Is that normal?
It's OK, I rarely run it more than once a week, just wondering if I've messed up the settings.

Again - Loving MediaElch more each time I use it!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - _J@n_ - 2012-12-02

Hi All,

Just discovered MediaElch today. I was just flabbergasted with its ease of use and possibilities. Love the fact that it runs without problems on Linux (Mint). For that (and the fact that it found all my media and processed it) I made a donation to the author since there aren't many managers on that platform.

Kudos to Komet!

Greetz,

Sjonnie

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - AnalogKid - 2012-12-04

Are there plans to change to the new Frodo art filename conventions?

e.g.

Star Wars.mp4
Star Wars-poster.jpg
Star Wars-fanart.jpg
Star Wars-banner.jpg

.tbn is no longer recommended (even though it's still supported). Please note also, the ability for BOTH poster and banner simultaneously.