Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-12-04

@_J@n_ Thanks for your donation!

(2012-12-01, 04:32)steve1977 Wrote: Any indications on 1.3 ETA? With EMM now fully broken, im desperately looking for a replacement. Understand 1.3 may bring an external IMDB scraper And potentially even some trailer download. This will finally allow full switch!

Trailer Downloader will come, but for the 1.3 release only with support for MovieMaze (more scrapers are planned for 1.4). Don't know if IMDB will make it in 1.3 but I hope so.
(2012-12-04, 18:08)AnalogKid Wrote: Are there plans to change to the new Frodo art filename conventions?

e.g.

Star Wars.mp4
Star Wars-poster.jpg
Star Wars-fanart.jpg
Star Wars-banner.jpg

.tbn is no longer recommended (even though it's still supported). Please note also, the ability for BOTH poster and banner simultaneously.

You should already be able to name your files like this. Just have a look at Settings -> Movies.
(2012-11-30, 21:42)RockDawg Wrote:
(2012-11-30, 15:47)NorDemoniac Wrote: Would it be possible in the future to make MediaElch update the XBMC library, but still use XMLs? So that if I change a movie poster, XBMC will automatically get it?
+1
Ember Media Manager used to have this feature (before it broke) and I loved it. Any change to a movie or TV show and the library is updated.

It's one of the things I'm planning to implement. But I need to check the json rpc webservice and what's the best way to make XBMC reload the nfo. Any help is appreciated!
(2012-12-01, 22:24)NorDemoniac Wrote: Another quick question:

Why does my MediaElch search for movies/shows two times?

First the one which is listing the movies as it searches through, then just a bar where it says "searching for movies".

It takes about 10-15 minutes to start MediaElch here. Is that normal?
It's OK, I rarely run it more than once a week, just wondering if I've messed up the settings.

Again - Loving MediaElch more each time I use it!

It's not really searching two times. On the first run MediaElch is searching for your movies/shows/concerts and when the progress bar starts to increase MediaElch is loading the contents from the found nfos of the items.
This behaviour changes a little bit with the 1.3 relase. MediaElch then stores the contents of your directories and doesn't need to reload everything everytime. But if you added some items to your directories you have to hit the "Reload" button. You can also set an option to reload the contents of some of your directories on each start. Check the news about it: http://mediaelch.kvibes.net/mediaelch-database/

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - _J@n_ - 2012-12-05

Hi to all,

I have a simple question which I am sure you are able to answer. I had XBMC index al my movies and after that I have updated my library using MediaElch. So all moviefolders now hold an updated nfo file and the accompanying art. What is the best (read easiest Smile ) way to replace the XBMC information with my new and updated information produced by MediaElch? Should I remove the sources from XBMC and add them again? Or is there an option to overwrite the data in the database with the data MediaElch has produced?

Note that I am using Frodo Beta2 (incorporated in OpenELEC 2.95.3 beta).

Your advise is greatly appreciated!

Greetz

Sjonnie

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Eisi2005 - 2012-12-05

@Komet is there any plan to get rating from imdb incl top250 ?

Greets
Eisi

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - liquidskin76 - 2012-12-05

Hi Komet,

Great work! This is a cool, simple, easy to use media manager. I believe you've ticked all the boxes for me... i'll use from now on. Wink

Well done!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - DiMag - 2012-12-05

DO NOT, REPEAT DO NOT, USE! If --as most likely-- you have customized your .nfos (to include extra information, exclude redundant information, or modify existing information) you lose all changes as MediaElch replaces all .nfo files with its own, very primitive edits: In TVShows, for instance, it strips out genres!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-12-05

@_J@n_: The easiest way may be to set the type of the source to "none" (XBMC removes now the database entries) and after that switch back to "movies" (or tv shows). I'm currently checking if there is an easy way to trigger the reload through the json rpc webservice.

@Eisi2005: IMDB Scraper will also be available in version 1.3
@DiMag: That's right, MediaElch rewrites your nfo files. But it supports all fields mentioned in the wiki (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Import-export_library#Video_.nfo_Files). Please provide a minimal example where your genres are stripped out. TV Show genres are correctly handled and till now nobody seems to have problems with it.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - schimi2k - 2012-12-05

hi Komet Wink
is there any ETA for 1.3 ? you say maybe last weekend in the german forum...sorry for "nerving" hehe

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-05, 15:06)schimi2k Wrote: hi Komet Wink
is there any ETA for 1.3 ? you say maybe last weekend in the german forum...sorry for "nerving" hehe

Yep 1.3 is nearly ready, I'm just waiting for the updated french translation... If it's not there till the end of the week I'll release 1.3 without the updated translation. But while waiting I started building some nice things Wink

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - schimi2k - 2012-12-05

NICEEEEE Smile
GO GO GO FRENCH TRANSLATORS Smile

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - DiMag - 2012-12-05

Forget about re-written TV genres, my real problem was that I lost all elaborate customizations I did to the <plot> tag. The series in question was "Brideshead Revisited". As it is an adaptation of Evelyn Waugh's novel, I had filled in a lot a info regarding the novel, the author, the period, etc. I would not have made a fuss if it was some genre info stripped out, as it can be easily fixed afterwards (just few words).

Neither am I, for that matter, dissatisfied with MediaElch as a tool for gathering information in the first place. It is my view however that you should expressly warn users against using it to revise heavily customized .nfo files.

Perhaps I should add that Ember Media Manager is equally guilty in that regard, and that it also doesn't warn.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-12-06

The new version 1.3 was just released, read about in the announcement, Download.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - TeKo - 2012-12-06

Is there an ETA for this:
-Scrape multiple at entries at once
and this
-Automatic renaming and organization of folders and files

renaming and scraping different sites at once is the only thing that stopped me from switching.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-12-06

(2012-12-06, 22:03)TeKo Wrote: Is there an ETA for this:
-Scrape multiple at entries at once
and this
-Automatic renaming and organization of folders and files

renaming and scraping different sites at once is the only thing that stopped me from switching.

Automatic renamer is planned for the next release, but don't expect it before christmas.

Do you really mean "scraping multiple _sites_"? You can already do this manually, just check the entries (plot, rating...) you want. Scraping multiple items (i.e. select a bunch of movies and hit something like "scrape using the first result") will eventually also come in 1.4.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Eisi2005 - 2012-12-07

@Komet

the imdb scrapper scap the rating and votes but the top250 he did not get.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - newsilentsilver - 2012-12-07

Thank you for the new version. Smile

Three things I noticed:

* Can you put a trailer naming to the other file name options? At the moment I get movie.nfo and VIDEO_TS-trailer.* for DVD folders. Wink

* After downloading a trailer via trailer downloader, you can see an existing movie trailer file in the directory only. MediaElch don't show you if there is existing an local trailer.

* "Editable outline in movies": Where can I edit the outline text? I only see the plot field.