Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - nsordk - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-16, 11:55)Komet Wrote: Iso images (*.iso) are supported and also dvd structures (VIDEO_TS folder). What are the extensions of your missing movies?

Thanks for your answer Komet, and keep up the good work on this.

It is .img files that wount show.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-20, 09:59)nsordk Wrote: It is .img files that wount show.
Oh yes, I missed this one. Is already added and available with the next release.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-12-20

(2012-12-19, 17:41)AnalogKid Wrote: It's a great app, and development progress is pretty rapid.

My current suggestions:

1) It would be nice to know the images sizes before they are chosen and downloaded.
2) When I attempt to scrape a TV show episode, I'm asked to choose the TV Show - perhaps there's something incorrect in my nfo files, but it would nice if the scraper knew which show I was working with, and scraped the episode without needing me to select the show.
3) If I have existing artwork for a media item, and I search/scrape for information on that item, my existing files are overwritten. The problem here is that I might already have a thumb for a tvshow, but don't have the nfo. If I scrape for the nfo, my existing thumb will be overwritten. - I'm not a huge fan of countless options, but I think an 'overwrite existing nfo/thumb/fanart etc' option is pretty important
4) There's no subtitle file support right now (showing if one exists)

Very pleased with the app in general. It's not (yet) as sophisticated as (say Ember), but it offers music video capability, and if progress continues at the current rate, it will soon be surpassing Ember.

Really impressed - keep up the great work!

1) This is not possible. The APIs from The Movie DB and The TV DB don't deliver the image sizes before you actually download the image.
2) Nothing wrong with your nfo files. I'll improve it and skip the search widget when the show was already scraped.

3) Keep in mind that MediaElch will not overwrite any of your files unless you hit the save button. So it's safe to rescrape the show (or movie/concert) check for new artwork and if you don't like it hit the "Revert" button (left to the name of the show) or simply don't save.
Back to your problem Wink Something already on the roadmap: Scraping of tv shows similar to movies. Notice the little checkboxes when scraping movies, these are coming to tv shows as well. So you will be able to choose which items you want to load and which ones to exclude (in your case thumbs).
(2012-12-20, 00:36)garretn Wrote: Oh, also, I've been wondering about the -really- slow Reload for TV Shows. I've seen suggestions about disabling the cache, but I can't actually find the option to do that in the GUI. I have a rather massive amount of TV shows on a home server (7.5T), and it can take up to an hour just to reload.

This was removed with the 1.3 release. It's a little bit strange and seems to only affect some people (another guy said loading tv shows is really fast but movies can take a long time). Within the next days I'll prepare a little timing feature to get a hint what's the problem with MediaElch and your setup, stay tuned Smile. (Reloading my tv shows with 2.5TB takes around a minute).

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - garretn - 2012-12-20

Figured out the reload speed issue in the code. Peppered some debug statements around and it didn't take much to notice that most of the time was being spent in "Manager::instance()->database()->add(episode, path, show->databaseId());". So I added a couple basic functions to Database.cpp that simply look like:

Code:
void Database::Transaction()
{
    db().transaction();
}

void Database::Commit()
{
    db().commit();
}

And then in TvShowFileSearcher.cpp
Code:
// Setup shows
    Manager::instance()->database()->Transaction();
    while (it.hasNext()) {

Along with committing the transaction after that loop. Refreshing TV shows went from taking an hour to a minute or so. Definitely related to commiting the data after every insert, you can probably speed this up further in SQLite by increasing the cache size along with turning off synchronous disk writes, which can be done with queries like so:

Code:
PRAGMA synchronous = OFF;
PRAGMA cache_size = 100000;

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-12-21

@garretn: Wow, thanks man! I just added this Smile

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Mitch23 - 2012-12-23

ME 1.3 seems to can't handle directories with "," in the name. My films are in directories with the same name. If I select e.g. "I, Robot" then ME creates a new film entry with "I".

Log:
Code:
"void FilesWidget::itemActivated(QModelIndex, QModelIndex)              :" Entered
"void FilesWidget::movieSelectedEmitter()                               :" Entered
"void MovieWidget::setMovie(Movie*)                                     :" Entered, movie= "I, Robot"
WARNING: First file of the movie is not readable "W:\HDTV\Sci-Fi\I"
"void MovieWidget::updateMovieInfo()                                    :" Entered
"void MovieWidget::clear()                                              :" Entered
"void MainWindow::onSetSaveEnabled(bool, MainWidgets)                   :" Entered, enabled= true
"void MovieWidget::setEnabledTrue(Movie*)                               :" Entered
"void MainWindow::onSetSaveEnabled(bool, MainWidgets)                   :" Entered, enabled= true
"void MainWindow::onSetSearchEnabled(bool, MainWidgets)                 :" Entered, enabled= true
"void MovieWidget::setEnabledTrue(Movie*)                               :" Entered
"void MovieWidget::setEnabledTrue(Movie*)                               :" "I"
"void MainWindow::onSetSearchEnabled(bool, MainWidgets)                 :" Entered, enabled= true
"int SettingsWidget::exec()                                             :" Entered

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-12-26

@Mitch23: I'll look into this as soon as possible.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - _someone_ - 2012-12-28

First of all "Thanks!" for this software.

One minor issue: it looks like MediaElch (v1.3) does not recognize wmv-files. I just have one wmv-movie in my database, but that's the only one MediaElch does not find. Maybe you can take a look at that.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - ArieS - 2013-01-02

Lately, MediaElch crashes on a daily basis, sometimes twice in a row. This is very frustrating.
Is there a debug log option?

Edit: Ok, found the option, I'll post a log...

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - PH-SYM - 2013-01-05

When I start MediaElch, it just sits there in the Task Manager. There is no visible application window. If I end the task and restart it again, the same thing happens.
I have never used the program before and just downloaded it (v1.3) and unzipped it to a new directory.
Are there any dependencies I should know of?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - lwdent69 - 2013-01-11

Great program. Simple to use and gets the job done. It is nice to see the swift development. I can see this tool fast becoming the number one meida management tool for XBMC.

Which brings me to my question. Is there any plan to add management of music collections to the tool allowing the scrapping of album art and artist info. It would be great to have just one tool that could manage all media types.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-01-11

(2013-01-11, 11:40)lwdent69 Wrote: Is there any plan to add management of music collections to the tool allowing the scrapping of album art and artist info. It would be great to have just one tool that could manage all media types.

Currently there are no plans to add music scraping, I think there are a lot of good alternatives out there. But _maybe_ this will come one day Wink

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - lwdent69 - 2013-01-12

(2013-01-11, 12:09)Komet Wrote:
(2013-01-11, 11:40)lwdent69 Wrote: Is there any plan to add management of music collections to the tool allowing the scrapping of album art and artist info. It would be great to have just one tool that could manage all media types.

Currently there are no plans to add music scraping, I think there are a lot of good alternatives out there. But _maybe_ this will come one day Wink

That is unfortunate. I understand it is a big effort but apart the XBMC add-ons which a pretty good but difficult to edit when they get it wrong, I haven't yet found a decent stand alone music scraper.

Will have to keep looking.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - clubwerks - 2013-01-13

If your music is tagged properly, the universal music scraper, which is just musicbrainz, works fine. Rarely, rarely have a problem.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Livin - 2013-01-13

(2013-01-13, 05:26)clubwerks Wrote: If your music is tagged properly, the universal music scraper, which is just musicbrainz, works fine. Rarely, rarely have a problem.

Agreed but if something goes wrong you are hosed... for instance, I used Musicbrainz and somehow tons of my embedded covers got hose - the images are jumbled. I have yet to find an app that will rescrape ONLY the covers and replace the embedded covers with good ones. Rescraping all info for the 6000+ songs I have would take tons of time and I'm not feeling like looking at all 6000+ songs I have to see which ones are messed up and manually fix them... which all of the apps I found would require.