Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-02-10

@fepunk: I thought Aeon used cdart.png but I'll adjust the default names. For now just manually change it in MediaElchs settings.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - fepunk - 2013-02-10

@Komet, I use Aeon Nox im my sistem, and i comproved, have to run artwork downloader one time (local artwork enabled) and have the disc.png in place.
in mean time i already changed the name manually Smile

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - alspoll - 2013-02-11

Been using this program all weekend and have some more requests (includes previously requested but not yet recorded to summarize)

1. Similar to the Genre and Certifications tabs ability to edit fields in bulk and have them update accordingly, includes Director, Writer, Set, Actors, Studio, etc. (previously submitted)
2. On the movie set tab a way to select a set, then select a movie to edit (previously submitted, similar to how tv shoes work, name of movie set, then it expands to all movies))
3. Advanced filtering options, based on fields (contains, empty, is) artwork (missing or present), ((similar to prior request of filters on posters)
4. Add votes for tv shows.
5. Ability to bring back all seasons of a tv series, not just the ones that have a file for (helpful for identifying missing episodes from the series, highlight episode if file does not exist, assocaite it if it does)
6. Lock a series from editing to prevent inadvertent changes.
7. Add or move watched flag to editing window instead of right clicking episode or movie name.
8. When searching for a title (online lookup), add a cover preview to help with identification.
9. Ability to enter tvdb, themoviedb or imdb id when searching. Sometimes I had to change the search title until it found one it liked.
10. Add file extension to stream details.
11. Add external subtitle filename if one exists in stream details.
12. Similar to movies, add a tv show sort by field. (is this even supported by XBMC, differentiating between show name and sort name?)
13. When using display season and display episode, ability to display how a season will be displayed with season 0 episodes, ie, if contains a season 0 episode that comes after season 1 episode 9, show a list that displays season 1, episodes 1 - 9, then season 0 episode 1, then season 1 episode 10 - X all in 1 list; maybe as another tab in the editing window, rather than the tv series menu on the right side)
14. Ability to export library to csv or html or...
15. Add empty record (useful as a placeholder)

I realize this is a lot Undecided , but I do hope you consider these suggestions to help with the time intensive data management process.

TIA,

AL

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - audio.addicted - 2013-02-11

(2013-02-09, 19:45)Komet Wrote:
(2013-02-09, 19:42)_ak1_ Wrote: I just tried version 1.4 and added a few episodes to a tv show. After saving the changes to those episodes they get an addl. icon in the list view. The same like adding those items to the synchronization queue. What is it all about? What kind of sync is it?

Thank you!

http://www.mediaelch.de/xbmc-synchronization/

Setting the host, port, username and password has now moved to MediaElchs settings.

Doest it work on your system? MediaElch doesn't want to sync with my XBMC Frodo. In xbmc.log the webserver says that it received a jsonrpc request, but it seems to be empty (or it is not logged ...).

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - deh2k7 - 2013-02-14

I seem to be having an issue with only SOME of my multi-disc movies. For some reason it detects most of the movies fine, but for a handful of them, it seems to be picking up the second movie part first, resulting it ME not finding the artwork and nfo files. All of of my movies are named the same, consistent with XBMC standards. For example:

Ben-Hur (1959) [Disc1].mpg
Ben-Hur (1959) [Disc2].mpg
Ben-Hur (1959) [Disc1].nfo
Ben-Hur (1959) [Disc1]-poster.jpg
Ben-Hur (1959) [Disc1]-fanart.jpg

The only thing I can see between the movies being picked up correctly and the movies that are not, is that for the movies that are not picked up correctly, the second part is listed first in the filename list, and I'm guessing ME would be looking for [Disc2] in the nfo and artwork files vs. [Disc1].

Any thoughts here?

I noticed some unusual behavior for the writer/director tags. It seems they are not being broken out individually, and does not seem to grab all of them.

Here is an example pulled from an NFO file:
<credits>Paul Weitz, Brian Helgeland, and 1 more credit</credits>

Shouldn't each name be a separate credit tag? What about the 'and 1 more credit' part? Any idea why we don't seem to scrape more than 2? this appears to be the same issue with the Director field, when there is more than one director. They aren't separated by discrete tags, but rather lumped together in a single tag.

Is this intentional?

When scraping various artwork, is there somewhere that you can specify sizes to ensure that artwork being picked (in bulk mode) meets minimum download criteria, such as picking the HD vs SD versions of Logos, posters being at least 1000x1500, fanart 1920x1080, etc?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - alspoll - 2013-02-14

Another request...

Right click a movie or tv series and it takes you to the themoviedb or tvdb site.

TIA,

AL

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-02-14

(2013-02-14, 00:53)deh2k7 Wrote: I seem to be having an issue with only SOME of my multi-disc movies. For some reason it detects most of the movies fine, but for a handful of them, it seems to be picking up the second movie part first, resulting it ME not finding the artwork and nfo files. All of of my movies are named the same, consistent with XBMC standards. For example:

The only thing I can see between the movies being picked up correctly and the movies that are not, is that for the movies that are not picked up correctly, the second part is listed first in the filename list, and I'm guessing ME would be looking for [Disc2] in the nfo and artwork files vs. [Disc1].

Any thoughts here?
Answered before. Known bug in 1.4 with handling stacked files.

(2013-02-14, 01:59)deh2k7 Wrote: I noticed some unusual behavior for the writer/director tags. It seems they are not being broken out individually, and does not seem to grab all of them.

Shouldn't each name be a separate credit tag? What about the 'and 1 more credit' part? Any idea why we don't seem to scrape more than 2? this appears to be the same issue with the Director field, when there is more than one director. They aren't separated by discrete tags, but rather lumped together in a single tag.

Is this intentional?

MediaElch will not write something like "1 more credit" to an nfo file. Please check the field in MediaElch and then the result in the nfo file.

(2013-02-14, 02:25)deh2k7 Wrote: When scraping various artwork, is there somewhere that you can specify sizes to ensure that artwork being picked (in bulk mode) meets minimum download criteria, such as picking the HD vs SD versions of Logos, posters being at least 1000x1500, fanart 1920x1080, etc?
Currently not.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Solo0815 - 2013-02-14

(2013-02-11, 03:54)alspoll Wrote: 5. Ability to bring back all seasons of a tv series, not just the ones that have a file for (helpful for identifying missing episodes from the series, highlight episode if file does not exist, assocaite it if it does)
+1 for this. Maybe ME can show a "missing"-icon

(2013-02-11, 03:54)alspoll Wrote: 7. Add or move watched flag to editing window instead of right clicking episode or movie name.
Or add a column right after the movie/series-name

+ Add columns with an icon "has Poster", "has fanart", "has Backdrop", etc. so you can see, which picture is missing. Already a Issue in github

(2013-02-14, 21:31)Komet Wrote:
(2013-02-14, 01:59)deh2k7 Wrote: I noticed some unusual behavior for the writer/director tags. It seems they are not being broken out individually, and does not seem to grab all of them.

Is this intentional?

MediaElch will not write something like "1 more credit" to an nfo file. Please check the field in MediaElch and then the result in the nfo file.

Hi Komet, thanks for your responses.

Regarding the above with cast tags - ME is indeed doing as I described. It's repeatable behavior across the board for any movie with more than 2 people in the credits. I am using the IMDB scraper for cast, producer, director. The above example was pulled from the NFO file and the exact same showed inside ME.

I can reproduce this behavior readily. Some example movies to try: L.A. Confidential, Labyrynth (this does it for the writer field). Lady and the Tramp (for the Director field). These are just a couple examples, but it's pretty prevalent in my scraping.

In any case, shouldn't each person get their own <credit></credit> tag and not be stuffed together in a comma-separated list? The same with the Director field?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-02-14

@deh2k7: No, MediaElch is not doing something like this Wink It's the scraper that provides the director field as "Person 1, 2, and 1 more". MediaElch is not manipulating the data that comes from the scrapers. In this case it's imdbapi.org.

I don't know if XBMC supports multiple <credit> tags and the most scrapers are not providing separate fields for the directors, they deliver it as "Director No 1, Director No 2". It think it would be a little bit too much in the (already overloaded) GUI to add lists for directors and producers.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - alspoll - 2013-02-14

(2013-02-11, 03:54)alspoll Wrote: 12. Similar to movies, add a tv show sort by field. (is this even supported by XBMC, differentiating between show name and sort name?)

Looks like this is supported, I got this from another thread regarding tv sets.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?><tvshow><sorttitle clear="true">Nasuverse 1</sorttitle></tvshow>

TIA,

AL

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - sparklyballs - 2013-02-15

apolgies if this has already been asked, but mediaelch identifies dts-hd streams and marks the audiocodec tag in the nfo as dts-hd

xbmc marks the same stream as dtshd_ma when you do a scan on a movie with no nfo. whilst i realise i can change it in a few different ways (a mysql query, i use mysql sharing), edit the nfo directly, or change it per movie in mediaelch, i was wondering whether there were some setting i could change that would substitute dtshd_ma for dts-hd automatically within mediaelch ,which would be great if i were working on a batch of movies.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - chtamina - 2013-02-15

(2013-02-14, 00:53)deh2k7 Wrote: I seem to be having an issue with only SOME of my multi-disc movies. For some reason it detects most of the movies fine, but for a handful of them, it seems to be picking up the second movie part first, resulting it ME not finding the artwork and nfo files. All of of my movies are named the same, consistent with XBMC standards. For example:

Any thoughts here?

I came here to commet this very same issue