Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-20, 19:07)Solo0815 Wrote:
(2013-02-17, 21:51)Solo0815 Wrote: How about supporting the scrapers from XBMC in ME? Then the users can scrape _all_ the MediaInfo-sites XBMC supports and you don't have to update them all by yourself, just update them from time to time in ME.
The only thing needed is a wrapper for the scraper XMLs (if it where so easy Wink )
Any Statemet on this Feature-Request - should I post it on github?

It's not that easy Wink In the near future this won't be integrated as it would require too much rewriting of MediaElch and I don't have the time in the next months.
If somebody will look into this: you're welcome.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - alspoll - 2013-02-20

(2013-02-16, 01:28)alspoll Wrote: Is anyone else having an issue with displaying specials posters and fan art?

Looking at the FAQ:
Season images reside inside the tvshow folder
season[XX]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
season-all-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg}
season-specials-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)

Currently, in the settings menu, any season is named as 'season<seasonNumber>-poster.jpg" but it does not display.

If I rename it "season-specials-poster", it works as expected.

TIA

AL

I just want to confirm if this is the expected behavior.

Also, another request... an option to select the nfo file and manually edit from within the program.

Thanks again for the program.

AL

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - deh2k7 - 2013-02-21

Hi Komet -

Would it be possible for season fanarts to just give us the complete list of fanarts for the tvshow from thetvdb and let us pick? right now, whenever we're in the season level, we get no results for fanarts. This is of course because there is no season-level fanart on thtvdb, but it would be nice to allow us to assign them locally from the tvshow fanarts.

I noticed that if I use IMDB scraper for cast, I get cast, but not the <role> tag populated. This information is contained on IMDB, but not sure why it's not being populated by ME. I also noticed that the scraper is not getting the full cast, but only the cast shown on the summary page of IMDB. are there any plans to update the scraper to allow for scraping the full cast and ensuring that the role is scraped?

Also, one other thought on scraping - any plans to add an option for selective scraping to only update the stream details?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - msderganc - 2013-02-21

(2013-02-18, 04:48)bichenoubi Wrote:
(2013-02-17, 22:06)msderganc Wrote: Hi Bichenoubi,

I was having the same problem. I added an entry called "movie.nfo" in the NFO section of settings under Movies. It has fixed the problem for me.

Hi msderganc and thank you for your help.
Could you be more specific because I don't understand.
You "added an entry called movie.nfo in the NFO section of settings under Movies". Where did you add that? In MediaElch settings? My problems are with TV shows, so what should I add and where?
Also, I'm thinking out loud, i'm connecting my xbmc raspberry pi to my NAS by NFS in read-only. Can it have an impact?
Thank you.

No problem - here's what to do:

Go to MediaElch Settings, then click on the TV Shows tab. The top left box should be titled "Show NFO". Right click on that and click add. An entry titled "unnamed" should show up. Double click it and type tvshow.nfo, then hit enter, and click Save Settings in the bottom right corner. You should then go through all of the shows and resave them to ensure the new nfo is created. You can then update from local information in XBMC and it should work.

That's at least what my issue was with Movies, and I'm guessing it's probably similar.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-02-21

(2013-02-20, 20:30)alspoll Wrote:
(2013-02-16, 01:28)alspoll Wrote: Is anyone else having an issue with displaying specials posters and fan art?

Looking at the FAQ:
Season images reside inside the tvshow folder
season[XX]-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)
season-all-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg}
season-specials-(poster/banner/fanart).(png/jpg)

Currently, in the settings menu, any season is named as 'season<seasonNumber>-poster.jpg" but it does not display.

If I rename it "season-specials-poster", it works as expected.

TIA

AL

I just want to confirm if this is the expected behavior.

Also, another request... an option to select the nfo file and manually edit from within the program.

Thanks again for the program.

AL

I need to look into it. Specials is imho Season 0 in thetvdb.com and MediaElch would save these files as season00-fanart/poster/banner.jpg. But XBMC is looking for season-specials.* So it might be enough to replace season00 with season-specials. But I would like to double check it.

(2013-02-21, 01:59)deh2k7 Wrote: Hi Komet -

Would it be possible for season fanarts to just give us the complete list of fanarts for the tvshow from thetvdb and let us pick? right now, whenever we're in the season level, we get no results for fanarts. This is of course because there is no season-level fanart on thtvdb, but it would be nice to allow us to assign them locally from the tvshow fanarts.

I noticed that if I use IMDB scraper for cast, I get cast, but not the <role> tag populated. This information is contained on IMDB, but not sure why it's not being populated by ME. I also noticed that the scraper is not getting the full cast, but only the cast shown on the summary page of IMDB. are there any plans to update the scraper to allow for scraping the full cast and ensuring that the role is scraped?

Also, one other thought on scraping - any plans to add an option for selective scraping to only update the stream details?

I'll adjust the scraper to show all fanarts from thetvdb.com.
MediaElch is using imdbapi.org to get the results. They don't provide the role tag and not the full cast. There's nothing I can do here.
Stream details are not scraped and it wouldn't make any sense. Stream details are specific to your files and are loaded from them. So just select your movies, right click and hit "load stream details" to load them for a bunch of files.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - alspoll - 2013-02-21

I have a question regarding stream details...

I have files that use AAC LC as the audio codec and are properly identified and written by media elch, but XBMC does not recognize it as a valid codec. In order for it to recognize it correctly, I have to change it to AAC. Is there a way to set the dependency that when AAC LC is found to populate with AAC only instead?

Also, thanks for following up on the specials artwork. Appreciate your hard work.

TIA,

AL

(2013-02-21, 16:38)alspoll Wrote: I have a question regarding stream details...

I have files that use AAC LC as the audio codec and are properly identified and written by media elch, but XBMC does not recognize it as a valid codec. In order for it to recognize it correctly, I have to change it to AAC. Is there a way to set the dependency that when AAC LC is found to populate with AAC only instead?

Also, thanks for following up on the specials artwork. Appreciate your hard work.

TIA,

AL

Currently no way. But I just need a list of these replacements and can easily integrate it. In your case the nfo contains "AAC LC"? All upper case?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - _J@n_ - 2013-02-21

Hi All,

Silly question no doubt but here is the thing: I just upgraded my OpenELEC setup from 2.00 (a.k.a Eden) to 2.99.2 (a.k.a. Frodo). So I thought I'd be clever and change the settings in ME from Eden to Frodo. But I can't for the live of it figure out what I am supposed to do to get my *.tbn's renamed to jpg :S

Any help appreciated (as always Smile )

Greetz,

_J@N_

(2013-02-21, 16:43)Komet Wrote:
(2013-02-21, 16:38)alspoll Wrote: I have a question regarding stream details...

TIA,

AL

Currently no way. But I just need a list of these replacements and can easily integrate it. In your case the nfo contains "AAC LC"? All upper case?

I believe so, I will have to check later tonight when I get home.

From the wiki, it looks like these are the supported codec naming conventions:

ListItem.VideoCodec Shows the video codec of the currently selected video (common values: 3iv2, avc1, div2, div3, divx, divx 4, dx50, flv, h264, microsoft, mp42, mp43, mp4v, mpeg1video, mpeg2video, mpg4, rv40, svq1, svq3, theora, vp6f, wmv2, wmv3, wvc1, xvid)

ListItem.VideoResolution Shows the resolution of the currently selected video (possible values: 480, 576, 540, 720, 1080). Note that 540 usually means a widescreen format (around 960x540) while 576 means PAL resolutions (normally 720x576), therefore 540 is actually better resolution than 576.

ListItem.VideoAspect Shows the aspect ratio of the currently selected video (possible values: 1.33, 1.66, 1.78, 1.85, 2.20, 2.35)

ListItem.AudioCodec Shows the audio codec of the currently selected video (common values: aac, ac3, cook, dca, dtshd_hra, dtshd_ma, eac3, mp1, mp2, mp3, pcm_s16be, pcm_s16le, pcm_u8, truehd, vorbis, wmapro, wmav2)

(2013-02-21, 16:46)_J@n_ Wrote: Hi All,

Silly question no doubt but here is the thing: I just upgraded my OpenELEC setup from 2.00 (a.k.a Eden) to 2.99.2 (a.k.a. Frodo). So I thought I'd be clever and change the settings in ME from Eden to Frodo. But I can't for the live of it figure out what I am supposed to do to get my *.tbn's renamed to jpg :S

Greetz,

_J@N_

http://www.mediaelch.de/xbmc-frodo-naming-scheme/ Wink

Basically just set the naming scheme back to Eden. Your images and everything else need to be loaded by MediaElch. Then just go to MediaElch -> XBMC -> Rename artwork to Frodo naming conventions.

@alspoll: The interesting part is what libmediainfo (used by MediaElch to get the stream details) reports. That's not the same what XBMC expects. MediaElch already replaces some of the values but I don't have enough different movie files/codecs to get a complete mapping between libmediainfo <--> XBMC.

(2013-02-21, 16:50)Komet Wrote:
(2013-02-21, 16:46)_J@n_ Wrote: Hi All,

Greetz,

_J@N_

http://www.mediaelch.de/xbmc-frodo-naming-scheme/ Wink

Basically just set the naming scheme back to Eden. Your images and everything else need to be loaded by MediaElch. Then just go to MediaElch -> XBMC -> Rename artwork to Frodo naming conventions.

@alspoll: The interesting part is what libmediainfo (used by MediaElch to get the stream details) reports. That's not the same what XBMC expects. MediaElch already replaces some of the values but I don't have enough different movie files/codecs to get a complete mapping between libmediainfo <--> XBMC.

Is there a way to have a custom mapping section under settings that we can set for any codecs that are not already map

file codec nfo codec
AAC LC -> AAC

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - _J@n_ - 2013-02-21

(2013-02-21, 16:50)Komet Wrote: http://www.mediaelch.de/xbmc-frodo-naming-scheme/ Wink

Hi Komet,

Silly me Wink I should have read your website more closely! All seems to be OK now. Thanks!

Greetz,

_J@N_

@alspoll: As said, currently not. I think it would just overload the GUI. Another point is that I want people to share their settings to improve MediaElch.
But I'm thinking about something like an advancedsettings.xml like XBMC uses to let users configure more advanced options.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - deh2k7 - 2013-02-21

(2013-02-21, 15:33)Komet Wrote:
(2013-02-21, 01:59)deh2k7 Wrote: Hi Komet -

I'll adjust the scraper to show all fanarts from thetvdb.com.
MediaElch is using imdbapi.org to get the results. They don't provide the role tag and not the full cast. There's nothing I can do here.
Stream details are not scraped and it wouldn't make any sense. Stream details are specific to your files and are loaded from them. So just select your movies, right click and hit "load stream details" to load them for a bunch of files.

OK, I'll check it out - load stream details option sounds what I was looking for.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - lwdent69 - 2013-02-22

(2013-02-19, 00:51)lwdent69 Wrote: I have noticed when loading a local actors thumb, while a tbn file is created in the actors folder, the nfo still points to a vacant url. XBMC seems to be using the nfo to populate actors thumbs rather than the local files, meaning the missing actors thumbs in the nfo still don't appear.

Is this how it is suppose to be working? And if so what is the point of creating local actors thumbs?

Any thoughts on the above? Shouild the nfo point to the local aciors thumbs?