Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - czfj5r - 2013-02-25

Hi,

I used the scraper perfectly for some weeks now and started to rescrape my library as i now could get local language through the first scraper (The MovieDB).
However, for some movies I did not get any plot or subject in local language so I right clicked the movie and chose "Load Information" and then chose the IMDB scraper but only clicked the overview, runtime and rating.
Worked perfectly! Yesterday that approach started to fail and now I cannot scrape anything with IMDB scraper, it all just returns "empty" so all fields become either zero or no text at all.

Does anyone else have this issue? Have IMDB rewritten something so the api does no longer works as planned? Any fix/backup approach?

Just want to check I am not going crazy here...

And of course I would also like to add - superb piece of software! Trailers, artwork, different scrapers, all of it... absolutley great!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - T4FF - 2013-02-25

Early on someone put in a shout for uk certifications, I'll add my +1. Only recently updated to latest version, much more refined, really looking good, keep up the good work Smile

Slow Performance & Crashing - kalhua - 2013-02-26

Thanks for a great program! When I run it on my system which is a fairly current i7 with 12 gigs of ram running Windows 8 64 bit I have very sluggish performance and frequent crashes. I have found that processing 10 movies will work for awhile but always ends in a crash. There is a substantial pause when I select a movie from the list making it almost unsuable. Does anyone have any idea of what I should check? Thanks in advance.

RE: MediaElch - Any IMDB issues? - Komet - 2013-02-26

(2013-02-25, 22:26)czfj5r Wrote: Hi,

I used the scraper perfectly for some weeks now and started to rescrape my library as i now could get local language through the first scraper (The MovieDB).
However, for some movies I did not get any plot or subject in local language so I right clicked the movie and chose "Load Information" and then chose the IMDB scraper but only clicked the overview, runtime and rating.
Worked perfectly! Yesterday that approach started to fail and now I cannot scrape anything with IMDB scraper, it all just returns "empty" so all fields become either zero or no text at all.

Does anyone else have this issue? Have IMDB rewritten something so the api does no longer works as planned? Any fix/backup approach?

Just want to check I am not going crazy here...

And of course I would also like to add - superb piece of software! Trailers, artwork, different scrapers, all of it... absolutley great!

Works fine here. What's the title of a movie which gives you these empty fields?

(2013-02-26, 02:09)kalhua Wrote: Thanks for a great program! When I run it on my system which is a fairly current i7 with 12 gigs of ram running Windows 8 64 bit I have very sluggish performance and frequent crashes. I have found that processing 10 movies will work for awhile but always ends in a crash. There is a substantial pause when I select a movie from the list making it almost unsuable. Does anyone have any idea of what I should check? Thanks in advance.
Performance when editing a bunch of movies has improved with 1.5, so just wait a little bit for the next release.
The delay after selecting a movie can be caused by loading the images. If they are stored on a slower drive or a network drive it can take a few seconds to load all images (poster, fanart, extra fanarts, logo, clearart, cd art).

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-02-26

(2013-02-25, 23:38)T4FF Wrote: Early on someone put in a shout for uk certifications, I'll add my +1. Only recently updated to latest version, much more refined, really looking good, keep up the good work Smile

MediaElch 1.5 allows you to set your language to "English" (UK certifications) or "English (US)" (US certifications) for The Movie DB scraper.
There will also be an option to set a custom replacement for certifications, so you can set a mapping from one certification to another when scraping (e.g. replace "FSK 18" by "Rated R").

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - czfj5r - 2013-02-26

Komet, please try "Alex Cross" and "Terraferma".

First load information with MovieDB (set to swedish) - works great. Then try load the runtime and rating and also overview only (with or without overview does not matter) with IMDB scraper. All i get is as before - nothing in plot and zero on runtime and rating.
While it tries to load the information there are 2 "progress bars". The lower one goes to 100% but the one above stays at zero percent and then it claims it is done. I tried rebooting and restarting and so on but no change. And I had it working earlier on... also teh scraping towards MovieDB takes time, you can see the progress bar building while the IMDB is superfast to 100%. it is like it does not get contact and instead just returns nothing as response and that is then applied to the fields...

Hmm.. i think i just found it when trying to share details to you. I have an anonymous service (vpn) running as standard. disabling the vpn makes the imdb scraper work it seems. The approach is the same (zero percent on upper progress bar) but i do get results. Putting the vpn/anonymous service back on somehows block the scraper..but only the imdb scraper... confusing... seems to be linked to the vpn and not your program so sorry for the issue raised. I now have a workaround. i will mess with the VPN a bit more and see if i can find a regular pattern...

A few stupid questions about ver. 1.4 and MySQL - soonerlater - 2013-02-27

Komet has posted that as of ver. 1.4, support of MySQL has been removed, but there is still a place in Settings | XBMC where you input Host, Port, Username and Password for a connection to XBMC.

That's to the webserver of XBMC app (and not to the MySQL database) right?

For users who do have a MySQL central library, will updating via the webserver of one of our XBMC apps work?

My setup includes:

\\NAS (xbmc is not installed on this, but all data is stored here and accessed via SMB),
\\Workstation (xbmc is installed here; this is the only xbmc with "sources"; MySQL is running here),
\\Laptop (no "sources", but sees the whole library),
\\Xios (Android box; no "sources", but sees the whole library),
\\tablet (Android; no "sources", but sees the whole library).

Assuming that MediaElch will update my library, does it matter which of my xbmc installations it uses to update through the webserver? Or must I update via the webserver of \\Workstation only?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-02-27

It's for XBMC, yes.
What MediaElch does is just deleting the changed movies from your collection (the same as in XBMC -> Context Menu -> Remove) and then triggers a reload (XBMC -> Update Library). You need to use an XBMC instance which has your sources, otherwise the library scan will not pick up changed movies. So use the "Workstation".

This feature will slightly change with 1.5, MediaElch will use the TCP JSON RPC API, not the HTTP API. And in 1.4 it maybe possible that XBMC doesn't correctly pick up again the deleted movies.

RE: A few stupid questions about ver. 1.4 and MySQL - garretn - 2013-02-27

(2013-02-27, 20:17)soonerlater Wrote: Assuming that MediaElch will update my library, does it matter which of my xbmc installations it uses to update through the webserver? Or must I update via the webserver of \\Workstation only?

As long as you have them all set up with the same sources (more or less the same as the xbmc wiki describes setting up mysql), and are all configured for the same central MySQL database, it doesn't matter which XBMC instance you use. I have a similar setup using a home server for my media, along with the MySQL install, and multiple XBMC installations around the house all configured to use that database along with exactly the same sources. I use MediaElch on my workstation, and fire up XBMC on my workstation (which MediaElch is configured to sync with) that I keep there solely for that purpose. Everything works as expected when I later use my other XBMC installations.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - saitoh183 - 2013-02-28

Is there a log file to look at? Im trying to modify my posters for my and the program randomly crashes and i lose all my modification...kinda starting to be a pain. When it happens just before, usually Poster disappears and/or poster loading freezes and the program just closes. The one time i closed it before it happened, i got a Visual basic runtime error.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - garretn - 2013-02-28

Are you sure you were using MediaElch when you got that error? MediaElch is Qt based, it wouldn't have given a VB error. Some other popular media apps would have though.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - saitoh183 - 2013-02-28

the error appears right after i close the ME ...sorry its Visual C++ and think its a memory leak cuz it eats all of the ram before it crashes

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - hewwra - 2013-02-28

(2013-02-28, 04:47)saitoh183 Wrote: Is there a log file to look at? Im trying to modify my posters for my and the program randomly crashes and i lose all my modification...kinda starting to be a pain. When it happens just before, usually Poster disappears and/or poster loading freezes and the program just closes. The one time i closed it before it happened, i got a Visual basic runtime error.

I had the same problem.
My solution? I scraped some movies and then I restarted Mediaelch, then I scraped some more and then restarted. I never had a crash while doing this.
It's not the best solution but it works.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Temhil - 2013-02-28

Hi Komet,

Thanks again for ME and all the hard work.
I have a feature request.
Could display in the list of movies/tv shows, etc, column with the item present or not (poster, banner, fanart, nfo etc ...), little like EMMr was doing it. it could be an options to enable or disable this display.
That would avoid to go check each movie and TV show in order to see what file is missing and force a rescrape in order to get it.
I was using it a lot with EMMr.
Thank you!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - alspoll - 2013-02-28

(2013-02-28, 20:21)Temhil Wrote: Hi Komet,

Thanks again for ME and all the hard work.
I have a feature request.
Could display in the list of movies/tv shows, etc, column with the item present or not (poster, banner, fanart, nfo etc ...), little like EMMr was doing it. it could be an options to enable or disable this display.
That would avoid to go check each movie and TV show in order to see what file is missing and force a rescrape in order to get it.
I was using it a lot with EMMr.
Thank you!

+1