Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-03-05

@oscillator: I'll look into this.
@chuck Bartowski: Feature request added Wink

I just started a little poll about the next steps MediaElch should take, would be great if you vote Smile
http://www.mediaelch.de/missing-features-in-mediaelch/

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Linusorg - 2013-03-05

Thx for the poll.
Sorry for the poor donation that you got during the last months and deliver on the other hand such a great product.

I always thought that i should donate a bit and also always forgot to do it.
Thx to the poll there were no more "later", so thx for the great product and hopefully other follow and contritube as well ( hey come on folks, get this man at least a beer :-) )

Keep rocking
Linus

Guess wo has answered on our poll something about multipart episode :-)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - al15 - 2013-03-06

Hi Komet,

thanks for the new version!

With my testfiles all is working fine but today i added my movie directory with over 2100 video files (in one single directory) - mediaelch is scanning but not finishing this activity for hours but still has 100% CPU - i think there is maybe an limit i reached...

i also enabled logging with the advanced xml - here what i see:
"void MovieWidget:ConfusedetDisabledTrue() :" Entered
"void MovieWidget::clear() :" Entered
"void TvShowWidgetTvShow::onClear() :" Entered
"void TvShowWidgetTvShow::onSetEnabled(bool) :" Entered, enabled= false
"void TvShowWidgetEpisode::onSetEnabled(bool) :" Entered
"void SetsWidget::clear() :" Entered
"void ConcertWidget:ConfusedetDisabledTrue() :" Entered
"void ConcertWidget::clear() :" Entered
"MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget*) :" MediaElch version "1.5" starting up
"void MainWindow:ConfusedetupToolbar() :" Entered
"void ImageDialog::cancelDownloads() :" Entered
WARNING: Phonon::createPath: Cannot connect Phonon::MediaObject ( no objectName ) to Phonon::AudioOutput ( no objectName ).
"void MainWindow::onFilterChanged(QList<Filter*>, QString) :" Filter has changed
"void MovieFileSearcher:ConfusedetMovieDirectories(QList<SettingsDir>) :" Entered
"void MovieFileSearcher:ConfusedetMovieDirectories(QList<SettingsDir>) :" Adding movie directory "D:\Media\HD Movie"
"void TvShowFileSearcher:ConfusedetMovieDirectories(QList<SettingsDir>) :" Entered
"void ConcertFileSearcher:ConfusedetConcertDirectories(QList<SettingsDir>) :" Entered
"void MovieFileSearcher::reload(bool) :" Scanning directory "D:\Media\HD Movie"
"void MovieFileSearcher::reload(bool) :" Filters are ("*.avi", "*.mkv")
"void MovieFileSearcher::reload(bool) :" Scanned file "D:/Media/HD Movie/1st file.mkv"
.. about 2100 lines ..
"void MovieFileSearcher::reload(bool) :" Scanned file "D:/Media/HD Movie/last file.mkv"
"void MovieFileSearcher::reload(bool) :" Now processing files
"void MovieFileSearcher::reload(bool) :" Files are ("D:/Media/HD Movie/1st file.mkv", .. about 2100 entries .., "D:/Media/HD Movie/last file.mkv")

Is there any chance to solve this or do i need to split up my single directory?

UPDATE: now it got finished after a few hours... UI is not very responding with this amount of movies in it - also saving of 20 new scraped movies toke about 15 minutes. It looks like its a CPU issue one core is fully loaded (2,5Ghz) and about 300MB memory is used... Will make some additional tests tomorrow

thanks
AL

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - audio.addicted - 2013-03-07

Thanks for 1.5, it is great so far!

I need a small Tip how to handle TV-Shows. Lets imagine I have only 1 TV Show
  • H:\Serien is setup in MediaElch ...
  • ... which contains Subfolder H:\Serien\Spartacus
  • ... which contains Subfolder H:\Serien\Spartacus\ Season 01
MediaElch recongnized everything so far, but I am not able to add it to XBMC. I let MediaElch rename the files and put them on the sync list. Do I have to wait for 1.6 with "Unterstützung für Dateien, die mehrere Episoden beinhalten"?

Best Regards,
Robert

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-03-07

@Audio.addicted: You need to setup this folder in XBMC too. The sync option will only call "Update Library" within XBMC and will not add the source.

(2013-03-07, 21:23)Komet Wrote: @Audio.addicted: You need to setup this folder in XBMC too. The sync option will only call "Update Library" within XBMC and will not add the source.

Is there a special way to setup the scraper(s)?
  • H:\Serien has "The TV DB" Scraper with default Settings (Frodo)
  • H:\Serien\Spartacus has "The TV DB" Scraper with default Settings (Frodo)
  • H:\Serien\Spartacus\Season 01 has "The TV DB" Scraper with "Contains Single TV Show" checked

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-03-07

No. Just add "H:\Serien" in XBMC, use "The TV DB" and you're fine. XBMC will use local metadata first.

Mhh it only adds "Spartacus" as a TV-Show but it contains no Seasons or Episodes in XBMC.

Is it normal that there is no *.nfo for the season(s)? Here are the *.nfos that are created by MediaElch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkdc1obibc4katr/Spartacus%20%282010%29.zip

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - msderganc - 2013-03-07

Hi Komet,

Still loving the program. Would you be able to add a feature to filter on the size of images? E.g. pick the first 1920x1080 image, unless none exist, then pick the 1280x720 image. The same would be great for cover images. I have to go back most of the time and edit the automatic selections.

Thanks!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-03-08

(2013-03-07, 21:48)audio.addicted Wrote: Mhh it only adds "Spartacus" as a TV-Show but it contains no Seasons or Episodes in XBMC.

Is it normal that there is no *.nfo for the season(s)? Here are the *.nfos that are created by MediaElch: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkdc1obibc4katr/Spartacus%20%282010%29.zip

There are no separate nfo files for seasons, that's ok. Looks like it's no MediaElch problem but something else in your setup...

(2013-03-07, 22:41)msderganc Wrote: Hi Komet,

Still loving the program. Would you be able to add a feature to filter on the size of images? E.g. pick the first 1920x1080 image, unless none exist, then pick the 1280x720 image. The same would be great for cover images. I have to go back most of the time and edit the automatic selections.

Thanks!

The ordering is currently based on your language. If a poster language matches your chosen scraper language that one is selected first. I'll add the resolution preference after the language. But this will only work for The Movie DB, all other scrapers don't have a way to get the resolution without completely downloading the image.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Temhil - 2013-03-08

Thank you very much for this 1.5 version. Especially the optional column part, I love it!
May I ask there is also a column for the nfo present or not?

I think I found an issue but it could be me not using ME properly, when I scrape a TV show, for instance "Arrow", on episode with the name Arrow.S01E01.avi will be recognized and information about it will be retrieved, but an episode with the name Arrow.s101.avi won't be recognized and so no information retrieved?
Is there a way to specify the format of the file name by any chance?
Thanks again.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-03-08

(2013-03-08, 16:17)Temhil Wrote: Thank you very much for this 1.5 version. Especially the optional column part, I love it!
May I ask there is also a column for the nfo present or not?

I think I found an issue but it could be me not using ME properly, when I scrape a TV show, for instance "Arrow", on episode with the name Arrow.S01E01.avi will be recognized and information about it will be retrieved, but an episode with the name Arrow.s101.avi won't be recognized and so no information retrieved?
Is there a way to specify the format of the file name by any chance?
Thanks again.

If there is no nfo then the little blue "new" sign is in front of the movie name.
You're right, currently only SxxExx is matched as tv show episode, I'll add a config option for this.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Temhil - 2013-03-08

Thanks for the clarification and for adding the feature in the future!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Linusorg - 2013-03-09

Hi Komet,
thx for 1.5 loving that, special the artwork indication and the new sorting of movies ( case insensitive ).

When it comes to art-indication:
Would it be possible tio have a filter based on that ? so basicly you can rescrap evrything based on given filter for new artwork.
Would it also be possible to have indicators for actors?

BluRay structures:
looks like all the clearart, poster etc are placed ( and searched for ) in the Movie main directory instead of the BDMV dir ( with the exception of the nfo file.
No Problem cleaning old files via terminal and rescrap for artwork, but i just want to make sure that this was your intention here ( is this correcting a bug or is this a bug ):-)

BluRay Artwork & Extrart and additional posterfiles:
1) when scrapping for artwork cd cover shows up, after saving the cd cover is gone agin, same is valid for clearart.
2) former extraart directories (extrafanart / extratumbs ) are not created anymore, any specific reason why ?( i tested this for multible scrapping and scrapping one movie after the other)
3) any formerly valid definition of Poster fanart ( including additional files that we like to generate ) will not show up in a newly scrapped bluRay Structure ( i tested this for multible scrapping and scrapping one movie after the other)

it would be nice if you could share some light here, before i delete all the artwork for every bluRay and rescrap them :-)
normal mkv, avi or TV section was not tested so far, like to do my BluRays first.

Best Regards
Linus

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-03-09

@Linusorg:
Indicator for actors will be added.

The filters are already there: Try typing "Logo" in the filter input (upper right corner of MediaElchs window) and you should see a little dropdown. There you can select "Movie has no Logo" and others.

XBMC now stores the images in the main directory and not inside the BDMV dir. I just exported my database with XBMC to check this. Please correct me if I'm wrong! Smile

1) Loading CD Arts for BluRay and DVD structures had a bug, already fixed.
2) Have you checked "Separate folders" in MediaElchs settings? And you have to manually select the extra fanarts. I could not reproduce a problem here.
3) That's because of the artwork is now stored differently.