Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-04-02

(2013-04-02, 15:46)emilio.moreno Wrote: Hi All

Is there any way to organize all movies and its related files into folders? I tried the "organize" button on the settings, but it just create a folder and put the movie there, all the related files, like -poster.jpg, .nfo, -fanart.jpg or the different srts are left in the previous folder. any idea if this can be done in MediaElch or is better to use any other software to automatically organize the folders? and if so, which one, btw..

Moving movies in separate folders with existing images/nfo is currently not possible with MediaElch.
MediaElch can just initially move your movies in separate folders (organize button in settings) or rename existing folders and files (rename button in the toolbar).

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - emilio.moreno - 2013-04-02

(2013-04-02, 15:50)Komet Wrote:
(2013-04-02, 15:46)emilio.moreno Wrote: Hi All

Is there any way to organize all movies and its related files into folders? I tried the "organize" button on the settings, but it just create a folder and put the movie there, all the related files, like -poster.jpg, .nfo, -fanart.jpg or the different srts are left in the previous folder. any idea if this can be done in MediaElch or is better to use any other software to automatically organize the folders? and if so, which one, btw..

Moving movies in separate folders with existing images/nfo is currently not possible with MediaElch.
MediaElch can just initially move your movies in separate folders (organize button in settings) or rename existing folders and files (rename button in the toolbar).

Thats a pity, but thanks for the quick answer anyway and for such amazing program. I am sure there will be other ways to keep the collection organized.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Madic - 2013-04-04

When deleteing extra fanarts, the dialog popup is black and not readable.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-04-04

(2013-04-04, 11:43)Madic Wrote: When deleteing extra fanarts, the dialog popup is black and not readable.

I know, it's already fixed in the latest nightly builds.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - jolt - 2013-04-06

Is there a way to just "update" certain items, such as fanart or even more specific clearart without overwritting any existing items?

My database is pretty neat, but I would like to check if there are new logos, cleararts etc. on fanart.tv now that weren't available in the past. But I do not want to just rescrape my movies and overwrite the existing items, because I choose some of them manually and don't want that to be ruined.

Also, is there a way to tell artwork downloader to look for logos, clearart etc. once a new movie is added to the xbmc database? I prepare my movie folder and put all those items in there before letting xbmc look for new movies. This works for posters, nfo etc. but not for the items that artwork downloader uses. Any clue?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-04-08

(2013-04-06, 14:27)jolt Wrote: Is there a way to just "update" certain items, such as fanart or even more specific clearart without overwritting any existing items?

My database is pretty neat, but I would like to check if there are new logos, cleararts etc. on fanart.tv now that weren't available in the past. But I do not want to just rescrape my movies and overwrite the existing items, because I choose some of them manually and don't want that to be ruined.

Also, is there a way to tell artwork downloader to look for logos, clearart etc. once a new movie is added to the xbmc database? I prepare my movie folder and put all those items in there before letting xbmc look for new movies. This works for posters, nfo etc. but not for the items that artwork downloader uses. Any clue?

Use a filter: http://www.mediaelch.de/mediaelch-version-1-1-codename-andoria/
You can use "Clearart", choose "Movie has no clear art" from the drop down and then select all movies, right click, load information.

I can't give you any hint regarding artwork downloader and I think it's not MediaElch related.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - jolt - 2013-04-08

Thanks for the hint with the filter. This is nice. But the problem with this is, that I can't control which parts of the Artwork will be looked for. If I would check "Artwork" it would overwrite the Logo and CD Art that I choose manually I guess. I would need the option to check every item that belongs to the Artwork seperatly i believe. Or an option, that stoppes Media Elch from overwritting any existings files

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-04-09

(2013-04-08, 20:06)jolt Wrote: Thanks for the hint with the filter. This is nice. But the problem with this is, that I can't control which parts of the Artwork will be looked for. If I would check "Artwork" it would overwrite the Logo and CD Art that I choose manually I guess. I would need the option to check every item that belongs to the Artwork seperatly i believe. Or an option, that stoppes Media Elch from overwritting any existings files

You're right. I'll split the "Artwork" option into logo, cd art, and clear art.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - NorDemoniac - 2013-04-11

Sorry if this has been answered before, but is/will there be a way to "Update new episodes on all shows" function?
I would very much like to push a button to update all my shows.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - dhead - 2013-04-11

Hi Komet.

I'm currently using tinymediamanager and quite happy with it, but I've tested MediaElch and I may encounter an issue.
(v1.5, git bd0b8b7e64addc0de948c85c6bea32e161929f81 <- the forum grabs it as xbmc version)

I'm running Gnome 3.6 (Arch Linux), the language set as English, the region (org.gnome.system.locale) set as he_IL.utf8 (although my locale.conf is en_US.UTF-8).
It seems that MediaElch is using the region value and not the language value when creating the interface is aligned to the right (Hebrew is rtl) and not to the left (English is ltr).

Unless I'm doing something wrong it seems that this is a bug in MediaElch and it should be repeatable with region settings for Arabic spoken countries (and maybe also Persian).

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-04-11

(2013-04-11, 12:24)NorDemoniac Wrote: Sorry if this has been answered before, but is/will there be a way to "Update new episodes on all shows" function?
I would very much like to push a button to update all my shows.

It's on the roadmap but I can't give you any timeframe for this feature.

(2013-04-11, 12:25)dhead Wrote: Hi Komet.

I'm currently using tinymediamanager and quite happy with it, but I've tested MediaElch and I may encounter an issue.
(v1.5, git bd0b8b7e64addc0de948c85c6bea32e161929f81 <- the forum grabs it as xbmc version)

I'm running Gnome 3.6 (Arch Linux), the language set as English, the region (org.gnome.system.locale) set as he_IL.utf8 (although my locale.conf is en_US.UTF-8).
It seems that MediaElch is using the region value and not the language value when creating the interface is aligned to the right (Hebrew is rtl) and not to the left (English is ltr).

Unless I'm doing something wrong it seems that this is a bug in MediaElch and it should be repeatable with region settings for Arabic spoken countries (and maybe also Persian).

Do you have any other Qt applications installed and is it working there as expected?
I've never tried languages that are aligned to the right so I need to do some testing.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - dhead - 2013-04-11

Yep: fritzing, clementine, vlc all use qt4 as far as I know and their interfaces are aligned to left (as should be for English).

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - solamnic - 2013-04-12

Tried your program yesterday for the first time.. (using Ember) and i really liked it..

Some requests (if they are possible)
a) Can you add an option to use short plot (from imdb) in Movies? (and not full plot)

b) When a file is named Movie.1990.720p program displays 1990 as part of the title. is it possible for the year not to be displayed in title?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - kriss1981 - 2013-04-13

Very nice program. Finally one that just works as it should.

One request though: an option to give movies the original title by default

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-04-13

(2013-04-12, 01:00)solamnic Wrote: Tried your program yesterday for the first time.. (using Ember) and i really liked it..

Some requests (if they are possible)
a) Can you add an option to use short plot (from imdb) in Movies? (and not full plot)

b) When a file is named Movie.1990.720p program displays 1990 as part of the title. is it possible for the year not to be displayed in title?

a) The short plot is written in the outline tag. I think it's the correct way: full plot in the plot field, simple/short plot in the outline field.
b) This just affects the search. Most scrapers are giving better results when the year is appended to the title.

(2013-04-13, 13:08)kriss1981 Wrote: Very nice program. Finally one that just works as it should.

One request though: an option to give movies the original title by default

There is the "originaltitle" field in the nfo files Wink
But I'll recorded a feature request.