Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - timjstone - 2013-05-27

I am having a problem with 1.6 which i have not been experincing with 1.5. for background, i use itunes to manage all my TV Shows/Movies (i know Wink ). itunes is renaming files to organise them (i always duplicate the episode no in the track no field for consistency) - this is so an apple TV can access these copies of the files ok.i then use media manager to add nfo files etc,, this is then synced using rsync to a NAS box, accessed by XBMC! the problem is now with the TV shows (movies seem to work fine in both 1.5 and 1.6) with 1.5, all was fine, i needed to re-enter the season/episode numbers after media elch had scanned but i was happy to do. now with 1.6, the episodes are not even loaded to mediaelch. does anyone have:

1. an idea what is going on!
2. what i can do to fix, while stil maintaining the system i use

timjstone

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-05-27

@timjstone:
Your episodes have to follow the naming scheme mentioned in the XBMC wiki: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_library/Naming_files/TV_shows#Single_episode
Otherwise MediaElch (and even XBMC) won't pick them up. Can you give an example filename which is not picked up by MediaElch?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - timjstone - 2013-05-28

I understand the naming convention, for XBMC, i have amended the regular expression to allow the episodes to be picked up. the interesting thing is that 1.5 picks them up anyway, it seems that 1.6 has a regression (or the scraping logic is more rigid). Is there any option to amend the regular expression to allow them to be picked up. i can see the small number of episodes that do have the Episode/Season number in the name are recognised, but in 1.5 it didn't matter - the files would still be in media elch, just that the season/episode would not be automatically recognised.

this happens for all episodes, even those with nfo files already created - in 1.5 the nfo files seem to be read and the manually entered/amended information is imported.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-05-28

Yes, the file scanner was adjusted to match multipart episodes (like S01E01E02, or S01E03-04) and is now more strict. I'll think about making this regex customizable with the next release.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - timjstone - 2013-05-28

thanks Komet.

I love mediaelch, but 1.5 is doing all i want at present, so i can hold off for any enhancements. thanks for the great work

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - hatbrox - 2013-05-29

hi, I just discovered this thread, have been using EMM for now.
I'm missing 2 features in EMM, maybe this one can handle them:
1. ability to rename folder/file for TV show
2. easy way to select/unselect the genre (I normally select my own genre for each movie/tv show)

downloading of subtitles looks like a great future feature, especially if one can select multiple languages and choose between "full" or "forced" subtitles.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - oscillator - 2013-05-30

What is the proper way to fill in the Movie Set Filenames? I chose these settings from the addon's forum page but they don't seem to be working.

Thanks.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-05-30

(2013-05-30, 00:17)oscillator Wrote: Image

What is the proper way to fill in the Movie Set Filenames? I chose these settings from the addon's forum page but they don't seem to be working.

Thanks.

Remove the space. A correct filename entry would be "<setName>-fanart.jpg".

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - saitoh183 - 2013-05-30

(2013-05-14, 21:36)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 21:26)Komet Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 18:44)saitoh183 Wrote: D:\Videos\Moviesets\Fanart\...
D:\Videos\Moviesets\Posters\...

Also just want to know, when using the XBMc update, does it do a full library update or just movies? Because a full library update is very long when you have lots of stuff. I prefer to update my XBMC manually if this is the case

I need to check this because it's not mentioned here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153502&pid=1312814#pid1312814
If it works I'll add an option later.

MediaElch triggers a full library update, not only movies.

yes it is, under Changelog

- Added setting for subfolder search of artwork folder
- Add lenient filename comparisons when looking for files in artwork folder
- Changed database code to update only existing artwork types

So Komet,

Have you looked into it?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-05-30

(2013-05-30, 16:46)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 21:36)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 21:26)Komet Wrote: I need to check this because it's not mentioned here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153502&pid=1312814#pid1312814
If it works I'll add an option later.

MediaElch triggers a full library update, not only movies.

yes it is, under Changelog

So Komet,

Have you looked into it?

Yes and it's planned for the next release but this will take some time.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - saitoh183 - 2013-05-30

(2013-05-30, 17:07)Komet Wrote:
(2013-05-30, 16:46)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 21:36)saitoh183 Wrote: yes it is, under Changelog

So Komet,

Have you looked into it?

Yes and it's planned for the next release but this will take some time.
Thanks Smile

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - oscillator - 2013-05-31

(2013-05-30, 10:39)Komet Wrote:
(2013-05-30, 00:17)oscillator Wrote: Image

Thanks.

Remove the space. A correct filename entry would be "<setName>-fanart.jpg".

I changed my settings to:

It sort of worked:

So the files saved to the directory with the proper set name but they also include the words "setName".

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - feday - 2013-05-31

Excellent software! I love that it's available for most OS'es.

I'm just curious if there is there any official way to request feature for future releases.

Two things I would love to see are being able to have mediaelch move my movies into separate folders for me. The second is it seems movies that consist of a set of two cd's (or some other string) are not understood at the moment.

Thanks!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-06-01

(2013-05-31, 23:26)feday Wrote: Excellent software! I love that it's available for most OS'es.

I'm just curious if there is there any official way to request feature for future releases.

Two things I would love to see are being able to have mediaelch move my movies into separate folders for me. The second is it seems movies that consist of a set of two cd's (or some other string) are not understood at the moment.

Thanks!

Moving movies in separate folders is somewhat possible: Add a source in MediaElchs settings, select the source and click "organize". This will move movies in separate folders based on the filenames. This will be improved later.

Stacked files should be scanned correctly when they follow the naming scheme mentioned in the XBMC wiki. Can you post example filenames which are not correctly handled by MediaElch?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - smilenkovski - 2013-06-01

Hi Komet.
Thank you for excellent piece of software.