Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - raoul68 - 2013-06-25

Komet,

First of all, a great program, I am using this now for a couple of days and overall I do like it, I still have some challenges ahead of me, but before diving deep into that I have a question.

If I use a MySQL database for XBMC on my NAS, and XBMC is always up and running, can I then still sync the data from MediaElch or not.
At the moment I do not use a database but I want to do this so I can keep the various media players in sync.

Also I do have some problems with series.

My NAS is devided into the following order

Code:
- Movies
     |- movie 1
     |- movie 2
- Show
     |- show 1
          |- season 1
          |- season 2
     |- show 2
          |- season 1

etc

For the shows, almost everything is ISO files but I have a problem with this.

The file names are S01E01-S01E02-S01E03S01E04.ISO, S01E05-S01E06-S01E07S01E08.ISO

But for show 1 this works flawles, but for show 2 not.

It does scrape the media, but in XBMC I do not get any details in the show. I do see the artwork for the show, but there is nothing underneath.
Any idea as to where I need to look?

thanks.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - solamnic - 2013-06-27

is it possible to add option to choose which articles to ignore while sorting?

(having troubles checking this box, cause it also ignores the Die, so Die Hard is displayed as Hard, Die)... Smile

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-06-27

(2013-06-25, 10:13)macherb Wrote: Unfortunately MediaElch for Linux only supports Ubuntu...
(I use debian testing, gdm with fluxbox)
OK, so I tried to go the way via GIT. I downloaded all mentioned packages and started.

Runs fine until: "In file included from main/MainWindow.cpp:18:0: ./globals/TrailerDialog.h:12:30:
fatal error: phonon/MediaObject: No such file or directory" => compilation terminated.

Propably I can find a way to compile, after installing a lot of other packages and reading a lot of material.
The fact that I am not afraid of command lines and compilers does not mean I am a developer, so it will take too much time for me.

Hence: Is there an easy solution for my problem?
Thanks

To be correct: I'm only testing my provided deb's with Ubuntu. Wink There are also community packages for openSuSE and Arch Linux.

You're missing the phonon development headers, package should be named "libphonon-dev".

(2013-06-27, 00:36)solamnic Wrote: is it possible to add option to choose which articles to ignore while sorting?

(having troubles checking this box, cause it also ignores the Die, so Die Hard is displayed as Hard, Die)... Smile

Have a look at http://www.mediaelch.de/usage/ -> Advanced Settings. You can define the articles there (sorttokens).

(2013-06-25, 11:17)raoul68 Wrote: For the shows, almost everything is ISO files but I have a problem with this.

The file names are S01E01-S01E02-S01E03S01E04.ISO, S01E05-S01E06-S01E07S01E08.ISO

But for show 1 this works flawles, but for show 2 not.

It does scrape the media, but in XBMC I do not get any details in the show. I do see the artwork for the show, but there is nothing underneath.
Any idea as to where I need to look?

thanks.

So MediaElch correctly shows you all the episodes?
It's a little bit hard to help you because of the few information.

You could check that the images and nfo files are actually there and try to remove the whole show in XBMC and add it again.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - jolt - 2013-06-27

Am I blind or does MediaElch not get Season Thumbs (16:9; seasonxx-landscape.jpg) for TV shows?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - solamnic - 2013-06-27

(2013-06-27, 10:47)Komet Wrote:
(2013-06-27, 00:36)solamnic Wrote: is it possible to add option to choose which articles to ignore while sorting?

Have a look at http://www.mediaelch.de/usage/ -> Advanced Settings. You can define the articles there (sorttokens).

Thank you for the info... it worked...

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Linusorg - 2013-06-30

Hi Komet,
got a small problem:
During a DB refresh my XBMC installation crashed on me constantly, after some testing and feedback from the XBMC dev, the problem was a "bad" jpg in one .actors directory (there where multible bad images to be correct). to find these images xbmc debug must be turned on than refresh db, crash and review crash log, delete image, and again refresh db until it went through )

All images were stored via mediaelch and i guess ME is taking them down from the choosen contentprovider without validation if this is a valid image file?
since a bad image could create a serious crash during db refresh would it make sense to validate these imagefiles? or is this already present and this bad images just slipped through?
Reference to the db refresh prblem:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=167313&pid=1453093#pid1453093

Thanks for considering
Linus

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Ozpeg - 2013-07-05

I have just reformatted my machine to use Ubuntu and have XBMC (as well as Sickbeard, SABnzbd) installed - I have also downloaded and installed MediaElch and find it really easy to use, and painless to configure.

I have 1 question however :

I have just gone thru my movie library, using MediaElch, to correct some classifications as well as addings sets - That part works well.

I can see it creates the NFO when saving, However when I open XBMC and check the changed movies XBMC is showing the unchanged classification and has not moved the movie into the set

My question is : Is there s setting change i have to make in MediaElch (or XBMC) to ensure XBMC uses the updated NFO information ? Huh

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - somawhite402 - 2013-07-06

Just wondering where the config/database files are stored for this program as I'm trying to do a fresh install and it's picking up older settings that are not needed. I cannot seem to find anything anywhere that could be left over yet unless it's magic I must be missing something Tongue

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Ozpeg - 2013-07-07

Please disregard my earlier post.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - strikervi - 2013-07-07

poking around i see a file MediaElch.sqlite in my appdata folder under daniel kabel ... possibly thats your extras that are hanging around?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Linusorg - 2013-07-08

Hi Komet,
to specify the image problem:
it happens usually with the actor picture and alawys the file "actorname.jpg" is in reality a textfile with the errormessage: "Directory browsing not allowed"
would be great if you could take a look at it and "convince" ME not to store textfiles with the jps extension XBMC scanning simply crash here.
Thanks in advance,
Linus

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - capfuturo - 2013-07-10

Hi there,

I just installed MediaElch version 1.6 on same machine running on OS X 10.8.4 and XBMC Frodo 12.2 with Aeon Nox 4.0.9. After following the guidelines regarding allowing XBMC to be controlled remotely and inputting correct IP address and port for XBMC, MediaElch says: "Could not connect to XBMC: Host not found".

What now?

Thanks,

CF

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - _J@n_ - 2013-07-11

(2013-07-10, 23:19)capfuturo Wrote: Hi there,

I just installed MediaElch version 1.6 on same machine running on OS X 10.8.4 and XBMC Frodo 12.2 with Aeon Nox 4.0.9. After following the guidelines regarding allowing XBMC to be controlled remotely and inputting correct IP address and port for XBMC, MediaElch says: "Could not connect to XBMC: Host not found".

What now?

Thanks,

CF

Hi,

You might want to try 127.0.0.1 since ME and XBMC are on the same machine

HTH

Greetz

AW: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - puenktchen - 2013-07-11

Have a small problem.
Stream details doesn't get runtimes for my cutted "ts"-recordings :(

Besides this MediaElch is the best "nfo-generator" out there! Fast, simple, stable and easy of use!

@Komet, don't waste your time for integrating new features like subtitle downloading. There are so many other possibilities
out there for such tasks. Instead you should concentrate at the main functions of your program.
They are missing some capabilities like:
- more filter options (e.g. missing genre)
- multiediting of details
- search via context menu for tvshows
- maybe native xbmc scrapper support

RE: AW: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - _J@n_ - 2013-07-12

(2013-07-11, 22:17)pĆ¼nktchen Wrote: Have a small problem.
MediaElch is the best "nfo-generator" out there! Fast, simple, stable and easy of use!

@Komet, don't waste your time for integrating new features like subtitle downloading. There are so many other possibilities
out there for such tasks. Instead you should concentrate at the main functions of your program.
They are missing some capabilities like:
- more filter options (e.g. missing genre)
- multiediting of details
- search via context menu for tvshows
- maybe native xbmc scrapper support

I would have said it differently but I totally agree!

ME is a mean 'n lean nfo generator and it should stay that way. It is stable, easy to use since it has a simple and clean interface.

I would hate to see all those fancy schmancy features I already use other programs for (like FileBot).

When I need a pocket knife I get myself the best pocket knife. I don't go out getting me a Swiss pocket knife with a cork screw, tweezers, screwdriver and all those other functions I don't need.

Please use K.I.S.S. developing ME Rofl

Just my 2 cents