Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Hopelessone - 2013-11-15

Anyone found a solution to scraping a bunch of movies? mine goes to 100% straight away, have to select each file for it to work..

Any ideas?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-11-15

(2013-11-15, 04:20)Hopelessone Wrote: Anyone found a solution to scraping a bunch of movies? mine goes to 100% straight away, have to select each file for it to work..

Any ideas?

It's currently a bug Wink Will be fixed with the next release.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - codec - 2013-11-16

Hi Komet,

First thanks for a great app, ME has quickly became indispensable. With that said, I have a feature request (and apologies if this has been discussed already, I did not read the entire thread):

My use case is probably a common one. I use ME 99% of the time to add a few (1-4) items into a sizeable library that is otherwise very stable.

The problem I have is that even with a fast network and machines it take quite a while (maybe a minute or two) to load or scan either movies or tv shows. And most of this scanning is done for nothing, since most of the items never change.

So I would like ME to scan a different set of directories then my library, and on save, move the items into the library. This on every scan ME pick up only the additions.

Of course this would have to be enabled via a setting option so the option of scanning the entire library remains when needed.

Thanks for considering.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Toonses - 2013-11-16

Komet,

As always, great work with the program, we all really appreciate the effort and time you're putting into it.

The Missing Episodes feature is a fantastic addition to MediaElch, but what I'd like is to be able to quickly tell if I'm missing an episode I really should have. I have a few ideas to make it a bit more functional.

1) Hide Season 0 from Missing Episodes list option in settings - While I admit Season 0 has important episodes for a few shows, it's usually filled with unnecessary specials and dvd extras. I personally would love if I had an option to just not display it with my missing episodes so I can more easily tell if I'm missing an important episode to a show. Could possibly have it only check for Season 0 episodes that have a Display Season & Episode outside of season 0, since those episodes would likely be important to the continuity of the show.

2) Hide Missing Episodes that haven't aired yet option in settings - same logic as above, I don't really want to know if I'm missing an episode that hasn't aired yet, cause it's pretty obvious I won't have that episode anyhow. Hopefully this would be as easy as checking the current date vs the air date on tvdb.

3) A way to check all my shows for missing episodes at once - as it is, it's a bit tedious to go show by show and select to search for missing episodes.

The idea behind all three of these is to make it quick and easy to tell which essential episodes are missing from my collection. And one idea not related to missing episodes.

4) Move starred shows to top of the list - Much like the movies section places the movies that haven't been scraped to the top of the list, would be great if any show with an unscraped episode is placed at the top. I put new episodes into my collection 4 or 5 times a week, as new episodes of shows are a constant. This would make my scraping process a lot faster and easier.
If moving to the top isn't feasible, maybe a keyboard shortcut that will move straight to the next starred show?

Thanks so much for listening to feature requests and making your users wishes a priority. It's really an amazing piece of software and your consideration of our input only makes it better. Can't wait for the next update!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-11-17

(2013-11-16, 02:53)codec Wrote: Hi Komet,

First thanks for a great app, ME has quickly became indispensable. With that said, I have a feature request (and apologies if this has been discussed already, I did not read the entire thread):

My use case is probably a common one. I use ME 99% of the time to add a few (1-4) items into a sizeable library that is otherwise very stable.

The problem I have is that even with a fast network and machines it take quite a while (maybe a minute or two) to load or scan either movies or tv shows. And most of this scanning is done for nothing, since most of the items never change.

So I would like ME to scan a different set of directories then my library, and on save, move the items into the library. This on every scan ME pick up only the additions.

Of course this would have to be enabled via a setting option so the option of scanning the entire library remains when needed.

Thanks for considering.

Have a look at the import feature Wink
You can add a "download directory". The contents will be listed in MediaElch -> Import. You can select the type of the item and the folder to import it into. (e.g. you can select "TV Show" -> "Start Trek TNG"). Finally click on the import button, the item will be scraped and copied/moved into your library.

edit: And I know it's a little bit buggy at the moment (can sometimes cause a crash of MediaElch) but it will be improved with the next version.

(2013-11-16, 23:09)Toonses Wrote: Komet,

As always, great work with the program, we all really appreciate the effort and time you're putting into it.

The Missing Episodes feature is a fantastic addition to MediaElch, but what I'd like is to be able to quickly tell if I'm missing an episode I really should have. I have a few ideas to make it a bit more functional.

1) Hide Season 0 from Missing Episodes list option in settings - While I admit Season 0 has important episodes for a few shows, it's usually filled with unnecessary specials and dvd extras. I personally would love if I had an option to just not display it with my missing episodes so I can more easily tell if I'm missing an important episode to a show. Could possibly have it only check for Season 0 episodes that have a Display Season & Episode outside of season 0, since those episodes would likely be important to the continuity of the show.

2) Hide Missing Episodes that haven't aired yet option in settings - same logic as above, I don't really want to know if I'm missing an episode that hasn't aired yet, cause it's pretty obvious I won't have that episode anyhow. Hopefully this would be as easy as checking the current date vs the air date on tvdb.

3) A way to check all my shows for missing episodes at once - as it is, it's a bit tedious to go show by show and select to search for missing episodes.

The idea behind all three of these is to make it quick and easy to tell which essential episodes are missing from my collection. And one idea not related to missing episodes.

4) Move starred shows to top of the list - Much like the movies section places the movies that haven't been scraped to the top of the list, would be great if any show with an unscraped episode is placed at the top. I put new episodes into my collection 4 or 5 times a week, as new episodes of shows are a constant. This would make my scraping process a lot faster and easier.
If moving to the top isn't feasible, maybe a keyboard shortcut that will move straight to the next starred show?

Thanks so much for listening to feature requests and making your users wishes a priority. It's really an amazing piece of software and your consideration of our input only makes it better. Can't wait for the next update!

Great to hear that you're excited about MediaElch Smile

1) Something that bugs myself also. An option for this is on the roadmap.
2) Another thing I would also like to have but I'm still looking for a good source of air dates. TheTvDb has only the "first" air dates, that's in most cases US air dates.
3) The idea was to only check a few shows because on every start of MediaElch the list of episodes is downloaded from TheTvDb. I must admit it's not the ideal solution when it comes to large libraries with a bunch of tv shows which should be checked for new episodes.
4) I've added this feature request. Maybe it could take some time because it will be implemented with some custom tagging/flagging/coloring (something like this) of items.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - codec - 2013-11-19

@Komet: Nice! It does exactly what I needed indeed. Well hidden feature ;-)

Cheers.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - stevieboy1306 - 2013-11-20

I've just download and installed 2.0.1 via the linux ppa. I'm using Mint 15.

Everything is fantastic and i love the new style, very fresh and clean. I've even worked out how to pick up my TV shows and Movies over a network! Big Grin

My only issue is that i can no longer scrape anything. Sad

Can you please help?

stevieboy

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-11-21

(2013-11-20, 23:26)stevieboy1306 Wrote: I've just download and installed 2.0.1 via the linux ppa. I'm using Mint 15.

Everything is fantastic and i love the new style, very fresh and clean. I've even worked out how to pick up my TV shows and Movies over a network! Big Grin

Can you please help?

stevieboy

What is exactly your problem? What do you do, what happens, what not...?
And the multi scrape feature is currently not working, fix will be available during the next days.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - stevieboy1306 - 2013-11-21

(2013-11-21, 11:44)Komet Wrote:
(2013-11-20, 23:26)stevieboy1306 Wrote: I've just download and installed 2.0.1 via the linux ppa. I'm using Mint 15.

Can you please help?

stevieboy

What is exactly your problem? What do you do, what happens, what not...?
And the multi scrape feature is currently not working, fix will be available during the next days.

When i click the search button to find the TV Show of Movie it goes to the search screen and the TV Show / Movie name appears in the field at the top, but nothing seems to happen. There is no searching and because of that there is nothing found to match the name on. I'm not using the Multi scrape feature, as far as i am aware, i haven't changed anything in this area since the last version. When i click the SEARCH button, apart from the search dialog opening, nothing else happens.Undecided

Hope you can help

Stevieboy

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - _J@n_ - 2013-11-21

(2013-11-21, 15:35)stevieboy1306 Wrote: When i click the search button to find the TV Show of Movie it goes to the search screen and the TV Show / Movie name appears in the field at the top, but nothing seems to happen. There is no searching and because of that there is nothing found to match the name on. I'm not using the Multi scrape feature, as far as i am aware, i haven't changed anything in this area since the last version. When i click the SEARCH button, apart from the search dialog opening, nothing else happens.Undecided

Hope you can help

Stevieboy

Let's see if I understand you correctly: I start ME and click next to the looking glass in the top right corner to find me a TV show. Let's assume it is "The White Queen". So I type white queen and nothing is found. If however I first go to the TV section and perform the search there the TV show is found without problem. I can then click the "scrape" button and any or all information for TV Show "The White Queen" is scraped. Does this procedure resembles how you work but in your case there is a problem?

If I have misunderstood your question please feel free to enlighten me Wink

PS. I am using Ubuntu 13.10 now but I have never had any problem with ME (except dependencies) in Olivia

Greetz,

_J@N_

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - stevieboy1306 - 2013-11-21

Hi _J@N_
Sorry not quite ... i run the re load to pull in all new TV shows, this ME does perfectly, i now want to get the correct episode name or film name and details and all the artwork for the new show or Film. I do this by clicking the first button on the screen ... its now a red circle with a down arrow on it. Smile It is at this point that the "scraper screen" appears and ...... nothing happens. No progress bar to tell me its downloading or any options to select the correct TV Show or Film.

Thanks

Stevieboy

Sorry for not being clearer in my last post.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - lbarchi - 2013-11-22

Hi, any chance to use data18 scraper?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - _J@n_ - 2013-11-23

(2013-11-21, 18:58)stevieboy1306 Wrote: Hi _J@N_
Sorry not quite ... i run the re load to pull in all new TV shows, this ME does perfectly, i now want to get the correct episode name or film name and details and all the artwork for the new show or Film. I do this by clicking the first button on the screen ... its now a red circle with a down arrow on it. Smile It is at this point that the "scraper screen" appears and ...... nothing happens. No progress bar to tell me its downloading or any options to select the correct TV Show or Film.

Thanks

Stevieboy

Hi Stevieboy,

I reloaded the TV Shows and ME found 1 new episode. If I don't select the appropriate show the Scrape button is grayed out. I select the show and the Scrape button becomes active. I click on it and I get the search results dialog with the proper show in it.

So far so bad Wink We have now only confirmed that you do indeed have an issue.

Most likely cause seems to be that you have some missing or broken dependencies in Olivia. Have you checked Synaptic or apt-get? I think it is possible you miss some libraries. I had an issue with Olivia and ME 2.0.0. Komet had the package build and tested for Ubuntu 13.10 (Olivia is 13.04 as you knowSmile ). He corrected it and I got it working on Olivia. Due to other reasons I have recently switched to 13.10. So I can not check or test ME on Olivia for you.

Do you have enough resources on your machine and spare time in your live Big Grin to create a VM with Ubuntu 13.10?

Let's see if we can get this fixed!

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - stevieboy1306 - 2013-11-23

(2013-11-23, 09:31)_J@n_ Wrote:
(2013-11-21, 18:58)stevieboy1306 Wrote: Hi _J@N_

Thanks

Stevieboy

Hi Stevieboy,

I reloaded the TV Shows and ME found 1 new episode. If I don't select the appropriate show the Scrape button is grayed out. I select the show and the Scrape button becomes active. I click on it and I get the search results dialog with the proper show in it.

So far so bad Wink We have now only confirmed that you do indeed have an issue.

Most likely cause seems to be that you have some missing or broken dependencies in Olivia. Have you checked Synaptic or apt-get? I think it is possible you miss some libraries. I had an issue with Olivia and ME 2.0.0. Komet had the package build and tested for Ubuntu 13.10 (Olivia is 13.04 as you knowSmile ). He corrected it and I got it working on Olivia. Due to other reasons I have recently switched to 13.10. So I can not check or test ME on Olivia for you.

Do you have enough resources on your machine and spare time in your live Big Grin to create a VM with Ubuntu 13.10?

Let's see if we can get this fixed!

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_

Hi _J@N_

I appreciate the help. Smile

ok i've ran "apt-cache depends mediaelch" to see what it depends upon then checked the results against already installed libraries .... and they are all installed. Its really weird because when i scrape a film its coming up with the ID in the search for example Percy Jackson and the Lighning Theif comes up with id32657 for The Movie DB scraper, it never did this before i upgraded it used to display the Film name, and nothing happens, For the TV Shows, for example Arrow, i click on the Red search circle/arrow icon and the scraper picks up the folder name of Arrow fine but again nothing happens.

If i'm downloading artwork for either a Film or TV Show i'll click on the Poster holder place, for example and the Choose An Image screen will appear with the correct Film name, it says its "Loading" but nothing every loads.

Its a real head-scratcher now. :/

Stevieboy

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - _J@n_ - 2013-11-23

(2013-11-23, 16:13)stevieboy1306 Wrote: Hi _J@N_

I appreciate the help. Smile

ok i've ran "apt-cache depends mediaelch" to see what it depends upon then checked the results against already installed libraries .... and they are all installed. Its really weird because when i scrape a film its coming up with the ID in the search for example Percy Jackson and the Lighning Theif comes up with id32657 for The Movie DB scraper, it never did this before i upgraded it used to display the Film name, and nothing happens, For the TV Shows, for example Arrow, i click on the Red search circle/arrow icon and the scraper picks up the folder name of Arrow fine but again nothing happens.

If i'm downloading artwork for either a Film or TV Show i'll click on the Poster holder place, for example and the Choose An Image screen will appear with the correct Film name, it says its "Loading" but nothing every loads.

Its a real head-scratcher now. :/

Stevieboy

Hi Stevieboy,

No Prob Smile Always nice to be able to help someone as I have been helped here lots of times.

OK, So I also just scratched my head and thought what might cause the problem.

I would suggest you check your dependencies against mine.

Check if you have the same if you please.

I should notice that I too sometimes see the ID instead of the name of the movie or series. Although not recently (maybe I had an update of oe of the files/libraries ME depends on).

By the way: do you have Gufw of ufw installed recently?

One step at the time.... Wink

Greetz,

_J@N_