Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - halburrows - 2014-03-17

Thank yes. I have the repository installed, but even after update it tells me I have the latest version installed, which is a dirty lie.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - _J@n_ - 2014-03-17

Hi I am on the latest Ubuntu and can confirm it is in the repo. Installing as we speak.

@Komet: Thanks for yet another great release (I don't need to test drive to know Big Grin )

Greetz,

_J@N_

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - halburrows - 2014-03-17

Very odd. No matter what I do, it only sees version 1.6. I've removed the repository, uninstalled the package, re added and installed, but the same thing occurs. It works fine on my other Linux box that never had it installed. Weird.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2014-03-17

(2014-03-17, 20:03)halburrows Wrote: Very odd. No matter what I do, it only sees version 1.6. I've removed the repository, uninstalled the package, re added and installed, but the same thing occurs. It works fine on my other Linux box that never had it installed. Weird.

Please keep in mind that 2.1 is only available for saucy and trusty. Maybe you're still using precise..?

(2014-03-17, 19:10)_J@n_ Wrote: @Komet: Thanks for yet another great release (I don't need to test drive to know Big Grin )

Thanks mate! Wink

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - solamnic - 2014-03-18

Btw Mediaelch 2.1.1. was released on 17/3... Smile

MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2014-03-18

Yep, "St. Patricks Day" edition Wink
Just 2 missing dlls in the windows version were added and a small bug (scanner progress might not be shown) was fixed.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - halburrows - 2014-03-18

(2014-03-17, 20:57)Komet Wrote:
(2014-03-17, 20:03)halburrows Wrote: Very odd. No matter what I do, it only sees version 1.6. I've removed the repository, uninstalled the package, re added and installed, but the same thing occurs. It works fine on my other Linux box that never had it installed. Weird.

Please keep in mind that 2.1 is only available for saucy and trusty. Maybe you're still using precise..?

(2014-03-17, 19:10)_J@n_ Wrote: @Komet: Thanks for yet another great release (I don't need to test drive to know Big Grin )

Thanks mate! Wink

Yeah that's it. Thanks.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - tesona1977 - 2014-03-19

@Komet

thanks for this great tool

i've got some useful feature requests:
1. option to automatically scrape only images that are not already present in the movie directory (to speed up scraping process)
2. option to cleanup movie directory before scraping (remove all png, jpg, nfo files)
3. find duplicate movies using "texture cache maintenance utility" - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158373
4. option to move "movie sets" to a seperate directory
5. hide movies that are already scraped previously

some ui improvements:
1. show the same little tiny symbols (the same you already show up in tvshows tabs) for movies
2. print changed movies in ui in different color (instead of italic letters)
3. show up a movie counter (total movies, changed movies)
4. button to sort movies by folder/location
5. add another tab (like the certification, set tab) to show all movies by actor and/or director
6. show only movies with missing artwork

if some of these features are already implemented...plz give me a hint....thanks a lot

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - akya - 2014-03-20

--solved--

MediaElch 2.1.1 - Win7-64bit: missaligned Dialogs - Ford.Prefect - 2014-03-23

Hi,
habe gerade eben die Version 2.1.1 für Windows (win7-64bit) installiert.

Ich habe folgendes Problem: Wenn ich über das Kontextmenu bzw. über die oberen Menu-Icons "Informationen laden" wähle, erscheint eine Dialogbox links oben in der Ecke. Leider ist ein großer Teil der Dialogbox so weit außerhalb, dass ich keine Eingaben machen kann. Nur der Knopf "Schließen" ist auswählbar. So ist der MediaElch für mich nicht benutzbar.

Bei anderen Dialogboxen ("Ausgewählte Dateien umbenennen", "Synchronisiere XBMC", "Info") gleiches Phänomen: Ein großer Teil des Fensters ist nicht sichtbar, weil er so weit links oben in der Ecke dargestellt wird. Der Dialog ist so nicht benutzbar.

Ansonsten: vielen Dank für die Arbeit, die Version 2.0.1 habe ich immer gerne genutzt. Weiter so!

H.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Toddy69 - 2014-03-23

@Ford.Prefect: see http://community.kvibes.de/topic/show/window-out-of-desktop

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Livin - 2014-03-23

Having problems trying this app for the first time in over a year... Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

1) selecting all items, right-click / Marked as Watched - does not change the status of the items?
2) Certifications (G, PG, etc) do not scraped properly (checked against TinyMediaManager) - M.E. displays U for many G & PG movies, and does not pull anything for others, like CaddyShack. ?

thx

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2014-03-23

(2014-03-23, 19:29)Livin Wrote: Having problems trying this app for the first time in over a year... Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

1) selecting all items, right-click / Marked as Watched - does not change the status of the items?
2) Certifications (G, PG, etc) do not scraped properly (checked against TinyMediaManager) - M.E. displays U for many G & PG movies, and does not pull anything for others, like CaddyShack. ?

thx

1) Which items: movies, tv shows, concerts? Where is the status not changed, in MediaElch in XBMC? Where do you see it that the status is not changed?
2) Which scraper? Movies, tv shows, concerts? Do you have an example where the wrong certification is used?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Livin - 2014-03-24

(2014-03-23, 22:10)Komet Wrote:
(2014-03-23, 19:29)Livin Wrote: Having problems trying this app for the first time in over a year... Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

thx

1) Which items: movies, tv shows, concerts? Where is the status not changed, in MediaElch in XBMC? Where do you see it that the status is not changed?
2) Which scraper? Movies, tv shows, concerts? Do you have an example where the wrong certification is used?

I think I figured it out... your app was pulling from movie.nfo, not <movie-name>.nfo ... so I deleted all the movie.nfo files and it is now showing properly.

BTW... CTRL-A does not work, does not select any items?

Any chance you can add a few features...
options for the Media Status Columns... like year, MPAA rating
Easy way to sort/filter by Genre, what has missing metadata, etc?

... this is really helpful when sorting and seeing what info is missing... for those with Kids.

thx

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2014-03-24

(2014-03-24, 02:48)Livin Wrote: I think I figured it out... your app was pulling from movie.nfo, not <movie-name>.nfo ... so I deleted all the movie.nfo files and it is now showing properly.

BTW... CTRL-A does not work, does not select any items?

Any chance you can add a few features...
options for the Media Status Columns... like year, MPAA rating
Easy way to sort/filter by Genre, what has missing metadata, etc?

... this is really helpful when sorting and seeing what info is missing... for those with Kids.

thx

movie.nfo was the default some time ago, this setting might be stored if you've used MediaElch earlier. You can easily adjust the filename in the settings.

You can filter by genre with the filter bar in the upper right corner in MediaElchs main window. Just type "Genre" or a genre title and select the genre you want to see from the drop down list. This also works for things like "Poster" -> Movie has no Poster to filter for items with missing artwork or missing genres and so on.