Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2014-04-02

(2014-03-28, 19:51)tesona1977 Wrote: hmm..are you sure that you used the correct control file?

i grabbed the source via apt-get source and just build the package ...

Code:
xbmc@xbmc-VB4:~$ sudo apt-cache show mediaelch
[sudo] password for xbmc:
Package: mediaelch
Priority: extra
Section: misc
Installed-Size: 5519
Maintainer: Daniel Kabel <[email protected]>
Architecture: amd64
Version: 2.1.2-1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libmediainfo0 (>= 0.7.52), libqt5concurrent5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5core5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5gui5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5multimedia5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5multimediawidgets5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5network5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5script5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5sql5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5widgets5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5xml5 (>= 5.0.2), libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1), zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4), libqt5sql5-sqlite, libqt5graphicaleffects5 | libqt5qml-graphicaleffects, libzen0, libcurl3, libpulse0
Filename: pool/main/m/mediaelch/mediaelch_2.1.2-1_amd64.deb
Size: 2943040
MD5sum: c4c7e11e5ad1549fa0fe4a7025312c26
SHA1: c4835febea7230a458005032a7439b08b0b81706
SHA256: 98e74b9f02c21b38efbb9e6557da26957b99bfc981d8b713e8fd9460da19a720
Description: XBMC Media Manager
MediaElch is your Media Manager for handling Movies and TV Shows in XBMC.
It is designed to gather information from various movie databases on the internet and store these information directly to XBMCs database or in nfo files.
MediaElch is also downloading movie posters, backdrops, fan arts and pictures of the actors.
Description-md5: a9265a2ea00426e673db6609e8b16666

Package: mediaelch
Priority: extra
Section: misc
Installed-Size: 5531
Maintainer: Daniel Kabel <[email protected]>
Architecture: amd64
Version: 2.1.2-1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.14), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libmediainfo0 (>= 0.7.52), libqt5concurrent5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5core5a (>= 5.2.0), libqt5gui5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5multimedia5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5multimediawidgets5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5network5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5script5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5sql5 (>= 5.0.2), libqt5widgets5 (>= 5.2.0), libqt5xml5 (>= 5.0.2), libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1), zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4), libqt5sql5-sqlite, libqt5graphicaleffects5 | libqt5qml-graphicaleffects, libzen0, libcurl3, libpulse0
Description: XBMC Media Manager
MediaElch is your Media Manager for handling Movies and TV Shows in XBMC.
It is designed to gather information from various movie databases on the internet and store these information directly to XBMCs database or in nfo files.
MediaElch is also downloading movie posters, backdrops, fan arts and pictures of the actors.
Description-md5: a9265a2ea00426e673db6609e8b16666
Homepage: http://www.mediaelch.de

top package == upstream
bottom package == package via apt-get source (everythings fine...so i think you/launchpad took the wrong control file)

OK, looks like they got changed during the upload process to launchpad. This one is the version I'm using: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/blob/master/debian/control
Lets wait one or two weeks until trusty is released I'll update the ppa to trusty packages then.

(2014-03-29, 06:19)akya Wrote: Loving this release. Using MediaElch now for both movies and TV. Actor images from IMDB which are in landscape mode do get cropped a bit weirdly but thats a very minor problem. One question, Can the current filtering of movies be made more conditional? I mean right now you can filter movies which are labeled "blue". How about the possibility of filtering movies which aren't labeled "blue"?

I'll improve the filter to let you specify things like "not", "and", "or". I cannot say when this will be implemented but I hope "soon" Wink

(2014-04-02, 21:22)ArieS Wrote: In the tab Scraper/Custom Movie Scraper.
I have Tagline: Don't Use
Poster: Fanart.tv
Fanart: Fanart.tv
However when I add a movie, it adds taglines. It also grab the poster and fanart from Tmdb. I need to manually click on the image and choose Fanart.tv in the drop down menu in the top left corner.
Any idea why it doesn't do as configured?
Thanks in advance.

Are you using MediaElch 2.1.2?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - ArieS - 2014-04-02

Hey Komet. 2.1.2 Trill

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - schimi2k - 2014-04-02

trill is birdfood here in germany Big Grin
btw i have the same problems like aries

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - tesona1977 - 2014-04-05

(2014-04-02, 21:28)Komet Wrote: OK, looks like they got changed during the upload process to launchpad. This one is the version I'm using: https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/blob/master/debian/control
Lets wait one or two weeks until trusty is released I'll update the ppa to trusty packages then.

sounds good to me!

@Komet
another Featurerequest:

* since recent version of tvtunes addon is now able to play movie tunes, too .... would be a nice feature if you could enable tvtunes scraping for movies, too

thanks alot

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Feahnor - 2014-04-11

Is there a way to batch scrape every episode inside a tv show to get the episode info?. Now i have to click each episode and scrape (control+F) it, but it would be nice if I could click "The Simpsons" and get the overview and all other info for each episode in one go, because clicking the tv show and scraping it doesn't scrape the episodes, only the general tv show info.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2014-04-11

(2014-04-11, 11:42)Feahnor Wrote: Is there a way to batch scrape every episode inside a tv show to get the episode info?. Now i have to click each episode and scrape (control+F) it, but it would be nice if I could click "The Simpsons" and get the overview and all other info for each episode in one go, because clicking the tv show and scraping it doesn't scrape the episodes, only the general tv show info.

Select the show -> scrape -> there is a drop down in the lower left corner of the dialog which allows you to choose what to scrape (show only, new episodes, all episodes)

Thanks!. I don't know how I didn't see the drop down.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2014-04-11

(2014-04-11, 11:47)Feahnor Wrote: Thanks!. I don't know how I didn't see the drop down.

You're not the only one Wink But I don't know where to put it to make it more "visible"... Maybe I should move it to the top of the window

Maybe you should just ask what to scrape each time a new tv show is scraped.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - garretn - 2014-04-11

Maybe change it from a combobox to a radio field? The box where you select the show is filled with whitespace most of the time, I wager it could be half the height instead to make room for a more-visible radio selection.

Unrelated, I might as well throw my own request out there. The theme is a bit of an issue for me, and I've actually had to resort to compiling my own ever since the last major theme update as a result. The low contrast nature of the new one hurts my eyes*, so I've resorted to changing the font colors and swapping the status icons on movies/shows. The icons I replaced with simple bold red and green letter representations (such as a large, solid-green bold "P" for posters, solid-red "P" for missing poster) -- otherwise I can barely tell the difference between the light-green and light-red and have to squint, making it near-impossible to quickly scroll the list looking for missing artwork.

I know someone brought up custom theme templates, which would work, but I imagine thats quite a bit of work to implement -- which makes me think it's not terribly viable if no one wants to put in the work. On the putting-in-work note, what ever happened to github updates? I used to want to work on the project too, but I'll admit ever since github went to release-updates only for this, I basically lost any interest in contributing.

*: I re-read this, and realized it could be easily read in a way I didn't intend. When I say hurts my eyes, I don't mean it's ugly, I mean it literally. As in eye-strain from the low contrast nature of the palette and (tv/movie status) icons.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - soxism - 2014-04-14

(2014-04-11, 11:48)Komet Wrote: You're not the only one Wink But I don't know where to put it to make it more "visible"... Maybe I should move it to the top of the window

I think its fine on the bottom. If people take the time to look / learn, it is easy to find.

Maybe for those other people you could Highlight it somehow or move it to the right?
Just personal view dont move it to the top, it will be come too cluttered.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - mikebzh44 - 2014-04-18

Hi.

I'm running XBMC Gotham on 2 HTPCs and my video library is centralized on MySQM running on a Raspberry Pi.

I'm trying to use MediaElch to scrap my TV shows but I didn't find any option to setup MySQL connection.

Did I have to power on one of my HTPC to let MediaElch update MySQL server through XBMC web Server ?

So MediaElch is not a standalone software ?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2014-04-18

(2014-04-11, 16:00)garretn Wrote: *: I re-read this, and realized it could be easily read in a way I didn't intend. When I say hurts my eyes, I don't mean it's ugly, I mean it literally. As in eye-strain from the low contrast nature of the palette and (tv/movie status) icons.

I think I understood what you mean Wink
The status icons will be improved a little bit more although they are already more colorful in the last few versions:
Image Image

Is there anything especially at low contrast? I mean: the labels in front of the input fields are rgb(102, 102, 102) and the text inside the input fields is "real" black rob(0,0,0), everything on a white background. If you look at some ordinary OSX apps like contacts or calendar they are at even lower contrast...

(2014-04-18, 14:35)mikebzh44 Wrote: Hi.

I'm running XBMC Gotham on 2 HTPCs and my video library is centralized on MySQM running on a Raspberry Pi.

I'm trying to use MediaElch to scrap my TV shows but I didn't find any option to setup MySQL connection.

Did I have to power on one of my HTPC to let MediaElch update MySQL server through XBMC web Server ?

So MediaElch is not a standalone software ?

MediaElch is not able to directly access XBMCs database. But you can use builtin XBMC synchronization in MediaElch. It will tell XBMC to re-read the changed nfo files.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - garretn - 2014-04-18

I kind of figured you were developing on OSX, I've actually got an three monitor configuration on my desk -- the left most is an imac, and the two in front and to my right are a twinview linux workstation. I stopped using OSX on the iMac a couple years ago largely because of those popular (I can't argue that it seems to be a trend) design decisions like that. Although I've always thought that the default hinting on OSX makes fonts a lot bolder looking.

Here, I took some screenshot comparisions of some of the changes I made. The changed version is an older version of mediaelch, so keep that in mind. I included the current MediaElch screenshots to be sure that hinting/antialiasing was included, just in case that was relevant. I also changed the top buttons to have labels, and removed a lot of the custom style sheets so that it'd pick up my default theme instead (which happens to be the qt gtk theme, so it looks like GTK here for the most part) in my build.

It appears that the forum has a max size on the images, but they are full res -- view the images on their own so they aren't scaled. Smile

The TV Shows I think are better then the Movies in the current version as far as contrast goes, although I *really* wish I could see if season art was missing without having to click through every show and on each individual season. It's not so bad when initially adding a show, but as we know, TV shows have this thing about continuing to air...

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - NEOhidra - 2014-04-18

(2014-04-18, 15:53)Komet Wrote: MediaElch is not able to directly access XBMCs database. But you can use builtin XBMC synchronization in MediaElch. It will tell XBMC to re-read the changed nfo files.

How exactly it works because i cannot make MediaElch sync with XBMC over the network. The IP of the XBMC machine is correct - the same goes for the ports and the user credentials. Hot to force reread of .nfo files in XBMC through MediaElch?