Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - garretn - 2014-04-18

(2014-04-18, 16:59)NEOhidra Wrote:
(2014-04-18, 15:53)Komet Wrote: MediaElch is not able to directly access XBMCs database. But you can use builtin XBMC synchronization in MediaElch. It will tell XBMC to re-read the changed nfo files.

How exactly it works because i cannot make MediaElch sync with XBMC over the network. The IP of the XBMC machine is correct - the same goes for the ports and the user credentials. Hot to force reread of .nfo files in XBMC through MediaElch?

Is "Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC" enabled in XBMC? It'd be under Settings -> Services -> Remote Control. You'll also want to be sure no firewalls are preventing the connection.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - NEOhidra - 2014-04-18

Here is a screenshot of my settings of:
- Webserver
- Remote Control
- MediaElch

After altering something and click Save or Save All nothing happens in XBMC (using XBMCSetup-20140418-4540f80-Gotham it it matters and MediaElch 1.2.1)

The save functions only alter the relevant .nfo files. You need to click the XBMC icon in the top bar to sync with XBMC.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2014-04-18

(2014-04-18, 17:40)NEOhidra Wrote: Here is a screenshot of my settings of:
- Webserver
- Remote Control
- MediaElch

After altering something and click Save or Save All nothing happens in XBMC (using XBMCSetup-20140418-4540f80-Gotham it it matters and MediaElch 1.2.1)

The sync is not initiated automatically. After saving you should see a little orange icon in front of the movie title in the list. This means this movie is marked for synching. You can manually add/remove items with the context menu (add to/remove from synchronization queue).
Then click on the "XBMC" button in the toolbar to initiate the synchronization.

Thank you both for the clarification! Now i feel silly Smile

It does work for plot changes but can MediaElch import watched status? Look like XBMC does not reads the watched status from the .nfo file.

MediaElch basically removes and adds back items, as opposed to "truly" updating them. As such, this is what you're looking for:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Import-export_library#Watched_status

Once XBMC is set to import watched status, it should work fine after that.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2014-04-18

Just wanted to add this Smile
Unfortunately there is no other way to make XBMC re-read the nfo file as to remove and add the movie again.

(2014-04-18, 18:34)garretn Wrote: MediaElch basically removes and adds back items, as opposed to "truly" updating them. As such, this is what you're looking for:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Import-export_library#Watched_status

Once XBMC is set to import watched status, it should work fine after that.
Thank you for that link! I wonder why shoul it be off by default.

(2014-04-18, 18:36)Komet Wrote: Just wanted to add this Smile
Unfortunately there is no other way to make XBMC re-read the nfo file as to remove and add the movie again.
I doubt that it is something that you missed but i use the Refresh option from Movies/TV shows info window. Can MediaElch trigger it?
Both ways do the same but updating the whole library may take some time in contrast to just refreshing a single item.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - _J@n_ - 2014-04-19

I am a dork! Confused I upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04 and wanted to install MediaElch. Using Synaptic I got the following message:

Quote:mediaelch:
Depends: libmediainfo0 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libqt5concurrent5 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libqt5core5 (>=5.0.2) but it is not installable
Depends: libqt5multimediawidgets5 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libqt5script5 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libzen0 but it is not going to be installed

Been trying to install missing components but have been unsuccessful.

Any help greatly appreciated!!! Big Grin

Greetz,

_J@N_

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - LEDFan - 2014-04-19

Komet:

I use one folder for all my movies and one thing I could suggest is to add all the artwork that we might add manually in your software using local images in the nfo files when we modify a movie and click on save (Actually, just fanart is save in the nfo files). This could at least allow us to use local images when refreshing a movie into xbmc instead of having to re-download the files again using the manual way with Artwork Downloader. This would save us a lot of time. For us, we would not need to sync the database anymore with xbmc using this method, so we could avoid it.

I ask this because your software is a great way to manage our artwork because we see all available artwork at once when we are positionned in a particular movie.

So, if these lines could be saved automatically when saving nfo files if artwork is found, that would help a lot. (Of course, this would depend on the way we define how to save the file in your software settings)

Code:
<discart>
    <thumb preview="">movie_name-discart.png</thumb>
</discart>
<logo>
    <thumb preview="">movie_name-clearlogo.png</thumb>
</logo>
<clearart>
    <thumb preview="">movie_name--clearart.png</thumb>
</clearart>
<Banner>
    <thumb preview="">movie_name-banner.jpg</thumb>
</Banner>
<Landscape>
    <thumb preview="">movie_name-landscape.jpg</thumb>
</Landscape>
<Poster>
    <thumb preview="">movie_name-poster.jpg</thumb>
</Poster>
<Fanart>
    <thumb preview="">movie_name-fanart.jpg</thumb>
</Fanart>

Would that be possible to work a way out of this?

MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2014-04-19

(2014-04-18, 18:48)NEOhidra Wrote:
I doubt that it is something that you missed but i use the Refresh option from Movies/TV shows info window. Can MediaElch trigger it?
Both ways do the same but updating the whole library may take some time in contrast to just refreshing a single item.

At least last time I checked this didn't work for nfo files. But I'll check if XBMCs webinterface provides a new function to trigger the reload.

(2014-04-19, 18:36)_J@n_ Wrote: I am a dork! Confused I upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04 and wanted to install MediaElch. Using Synaptic I got the following message:

Quote:mediaelch:
Depends: libmediainfo0 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libqt5concurrent5 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libqt5core5 (>=5.0.2) but it is not installable
Depends: libqt5multimediawidgets5 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libqt5script5 but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libzen0 but it is not going to be installed

Been trying to install missing components but have been unsuccessful.

Any help greatly appreciated!!! Big Grin

Greetz,

_J@N_

I will update the ppa tomorrow with (working) Trusty builds!

You were writing at the same time I guess. I hope you did not miss my post. Smile

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136333&pid=1686380#pid1686380

MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2014-04-19

(2014-04-19, 21:26)LEDFan Wrote:

Komet:

I use one folder for all my movies and one thing I could suggest is to add all the artwork that we might add manually in your software using local images in the nfo files when we modify a movie and click on save (Actually, just fanart is save in the nfo files). This could at least allow us to use local images when refreshing a movie into xbmc instead of having to re-download the files again using the manual way with Artwork Downloader. This would save us a lot of time. For us, we would not need to sync the database anymore with xbmc using this method, so we could avoid it.

I ask this because your software is a great way to manage our artwork because we see all available artwork at once when we are positionned in a particular movie.

So, if these lines could be saved automatically when saving nfo files if artwork is found, that would help a lot. (Of course, this would depend on the way we define how to save the file in your software settings)

Code:
<discart>
    <thumb preview="">movie_name-discart.png</thumb>
</discart>
<logo>
    <thumb preview="">movie_name-clearlogo.png</thumb>
</logo>
<clearart>
    <thumb preview="">movie_name--clearart.png</thumb>
</clearart>
<Banner>
    <thumb preview="">movie_name-banner.jpg</thumb>
</Banner>
<Landscape>
    <thumb preview="">movie_name-landscape.jpg</thumb>
</Landscape>
<Poster>
    <thumb preview="">movie_name-poster.jpg</thumb>
</Poster>
<Fanart>
    <thumb preview="">movie_name-fanart.jpg</thumb>
</Fanart>

Would that be possible to work a way out of this?

Sorry but I don't get the point... How would adding these lines to the nfo file help? XBMC and artwork downloader wouldn't use these. If the image is stored locally XBMC, Artwork Downloader and MediaElch would pick them up and would download it again...

Yeah you're right sorry. I'm thinking of a way that xbmc could read the images directly from the nfo files but I guess it doesn't work this way. Just too bad it can't be done this way when using Local information only instead of scrapers because of the database.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - _J@n_ - 2014-04-20

(2014-04-19, 21:31)Komet Wrote: I will update the ppa tomorrow with (working) Trusty builds!

Hi Komet,

Excellent! Cool

Will be patient (have enough other stuff to tweak on the system)

Greetz,

_J@n_