Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-10-02

(2012-10-02, 14:32)Owel Wrote: Hi, i wanted to test Media Elch.
But I can't pick a folder for Series, with movies it's working...

I'm using win7 64Bit

What about reading the post just over yours? Wink

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - nitio - 2012-10-04

(Sorry if this was asked before- I went up to page 6 and searching for this particular item I didn't get so lucky with the results.)

So we're in the middle of new series and therefore some season don't have posters yet. When they do get poster though I have to rescrape the series info completely but Elch actually wants to replace the already set season posters, series poster, fanart and banner.

Is there a way to have it not to try and replace if one exists already? Or maybe a way to rescrape only the information regarding new art/info?

Thanks, the program is great.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-10-04

(2012-10-04, 02:01)nitio Wrote: (Sorry if this was asked before- I went up to page 6 and searching for this particular item I didn't get so lucky with the results.)

So we're in the middle of new series and therefore some season don't have posters yet. When they do get poster though I have to rescrape the series info completely but Elch actually wants to replace the already set season posters, series poster, fanart and banner.

Is there a way to have it not to try and replace if one exists already? Or maybe a way to rescrape only the information regarding new art/info?

You're right, something that should be implemented Wink I'll think about it and try to improve the tv show scraping options.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - nitio - 2012-10-04

(2012-10-04, 11:13)Komet Wrote:
(2012-10-04, 02:01)nitio Wrote: (Sorry if this was asked before- I went up to page 6 and searching for this particular item I didn't get so lucky with the results.)

You're right, something that should be implemented Wink I'll think about it and try to improve the tv show scraping options.

Thanks!

(2012-10-02, 14:33)Komet Wrote:
(2012-10-02, 14:32)Owel Wrote: Hi, i wanted to test Media Elch.
But I can't pick a folder for Series, with movies it's working...

I'm using win7 64Bit

What about reading the post just over yours? Wink

In the meantime, people in Windows can play around registry to work the issue out: #1 add the folder "C:\Folder\.\" (really) #2 go your registry and take out the ".\"
or, wait for the new binary

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Randall Lind - 2012-10-05

I might have liked it if I could add hard drives for TV Shows.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - billotronic - 2012-10-05

still holding out hope myself. if this eventual performs as promised I will no longer have to run a vm with xp to work my library.

MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-10-06

Just give me some sleep, new version will be out tomorrow Wink

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - RockDawg - 2012-10-06

komet - do you envision ever scraping anything from IMDB? The things I use the most are their ratings (1-10, not MPAA), votes and Top250. I have a few smart lists based off of them and I hate to lose them.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - ajamils - 2012-10-06

I just tried using it but could not get the image chooser to work. I just keeps showing "loading..." and then errors out.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-06, 03:31)RockDawg Wrote: komet - do you envision ever scraping anything from IMDB? The things I use the most are their ratings (1-10, not MPAA), votes and Top250. I have a few smart lists based off of them and I hate to lose them.

I don't know. Have a look at their terms:
Quote:Robots and Screen Scraping: You may not use data mining, robots, screen scraping, or similar data gathering and extraction tools on this site, except with our express written consent as noted below.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Paulnd - 2012-10-06

Hello, I'm also unable to save the path to thumbnails in the MediaCenter interface. The 'open' button doesn't change to 'choose'.

(2012-10-06, 13:20)Paulnd Wrote: Hello, I'm also unable to save the path to thumbnails in the MediaCenter interface. The 'open' button doesn't change to 'choose'.

Which OS? Did you try to select a folder and click on "open"?

(2012-10-06, 13:23)Komet Wrote:
(2012-10-06, 13:20)Paulnd Wrote: Hello, I'm also unable to save the path to thumbnails in the MediaCenter interface. The 'open' button doesn't change to 'choose'.

Which OS? Did you try to select a folder and click on "open"?

Thanks for the quick response

Win 7, I select the folder, click 'open', the subfolders are then displayed but no 'choose' button. If I click to a level where there are no more folders all I get is a grey-out 'open' button

This also happened with TV shows but I was able to manually enter the path in the registry, I don't see the registry value for the thumbnail path

I missed this one. It's already fixed and the new binary releases will come in a few hours.

(2012-10-06, 14:33)Komet Wrote: I missed this one. It's already fixed and the new binary releases will come in a few hours.

Excellent! I look forward to it