Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Zwanzig - 2015-01-23

He he ..... very very many thanks Smile

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - somawhite402 - 2015-01-24

Finally I can get rid of the half a dozen other applications I have installed just so I can scrape my damn music outside of XBMC! Thanks for this Komet.

And now I shall whine... Tongue

One thing I've noticed already is that it doesn't seem to want to read NFOs or artwork from multiple disc releases when they're kept inside the individual disc folders nor will it write them to those folders.
i.e D:\Music\16volt\SuperCoolNothing V2.0\Disc 1\album.nfo or folder.jpg

It WILL read and write to the folder one level up from that... however Kodi will not read NFOs from the parent folder in the case of multiple disc albums (it reads the folder.jpg just fine for some bizarre reason though!)

Not a big deal... I've just dumped all the tracks from multiple releases into the parent folder for now since they're all obsessively tagged with disc number and everything else.
Just thought I'd mention it while you're still working on the music section.

Oh and one other thing... you may want to set the default name for disc art as cdart.png since I believe Kodi looks for that by default when importing music (I may be wrong though)

Once again though... THANKS! Big Grin

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - deadman36g - 2015-01-24

Is it possible to get full IMDB casts?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - three80 - 2015-01-24

I'm loving being able to use this for music now. It works pretty good.

Any plans to have it scrape Musicbrainz so it/we can easily add the musicbrainz_id for album, artist and albumartist. I believe Kodi prefers those.

Thanks and great work.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - AnalogKid - 2015-01-24

As ever, great progress on the app, the music aspect is very welcome!

Couple of bugs / issues:

Bugs
--------
1) When using the movie renamer the <resolution> tag gives an empty string for SD content. Seems to be fine for 720p and 1080p.

2) The {3D} {/3D} conditional tag doesn't appear to work, even when a stereo mode is selected and saved.

Issues
---------
1) In the music section, when you scrape info for an artist or album, album and fanart are downloaded, if you save, your existing art will be overwritten. It's very difficult to scrape only for missing parts.
As a work around to gather NFO's I've deleted the artwork filenames in preferences, but this it not a perfect solution.

2) The <resolution> tag is great to have, but it's a summary resolution i.e. 1080p, 720p etc and not 1920x1080. Some people might prefer the actual resolution. Something like <shortresolution> and <longresolution> would be nice to have.

3) After renaming a movie, all movies are rescanned. This is very troublesome when dealing with very large libraries (over 5000 movies on my system) and worse still over a network.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Mr. V - 2015-01-24

Thank you Komet.

Music Scraping is just great and seems to work well for batch scraping.

Exactly what I've wanted for forever and so good i have just donated a wad of cash your way. The beer is in the mail.

Thanks.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Zwanzig - 2015-01-25

Hi Komet
Download posters and fanarts Collections does not work for me.
What am I doing wrong Huh
I use the program in Polish, I thought that this is a bug in version 2.1.2 but the 2.2 is the same. Probably something wrong with me. I tried once at work in the Czech system, and it was OK.
Even I have to manually choose to select only the posters of films and not the collection.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - _J@n_ - 2015-01-25

First of all thanks for another great release!

Scanning seems to be faster which is a big plus.Rofl

The new icons are a bit skinny and don't match the rest of my interface (Linux). IIRC this is the forth version with a new interface. Hope you're satisfied with this one Wink

I spent the better part of yesterday working on my music collection and trying to scrape it. Not completely successful. Since the feature is somewhat beta I thought I'd better report my findings.Blush
  • As far as I could figure out, you need to select an artist then scrape the artist info. After that you select all albums under that artist and scrape them. Can this be done in one action (so scraping artist and album info all at once)?
  • When I select more than 5 artists, the program crashes. I am running the English version on Ubuntu 14.04. Media is stored on a NAS, meta data is stored in MariaDB (but meta data should not matter here)
  • When scraping multiple albums the upper progress bar does not stop moving. This is usually the case when trying to scrape more then three albums. Eventually I hit the button to stop scraping.
  • The results are not very good. This I think has nothing to do with ME but more with the databases that are being scraped. A large part of my collection consists of Black Metal, Speed Metal, Fusion metal and the likes. Would it be possible to add the Metal Archives or even better: WikiPedia? I searched some randomly chosen "obscure" bands I have and all were found on WP Cool
  • Would be great if the software could handle multi disc albums. I usually put them in separate folders using the album name followed by CD1 or CD2. Others might use a different scheme. Would it not be great if that was a configurable setting?

So kudos for this release and maybe my comments can help a little to make it even better Smile

Greetz,

_J@n_

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - solamnic - 2015-01-26

@Komet.

a little ui correction

in stream details
is displayed
Track 1Audio

i think it should be
<b> Audio <b> (bold Smile )..
Track 1

Just like subtitles Smile

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Komet - 2015-01-26

(2015-01-26, 13:48)solamnic Wrote: @Komet.

a little ui correction

in stream details
is displayed
Track 1Audio

i think it should be
<b> Audio <b> (bold Smile )..
Track 1

Just like subtitles Smile

Fixed it right now Wink

(2015-01-24, 08:28)three80 Wrote: I'm loving being able to use this for music now. It works pretty good.

Any plans to have it scrape Musicbrainz so it/we can easily add the musicbrainz_id for album, artist and albumartist. I believe Kodi prefers those.

Thanks and great work.

Scraping always starts on musicbrainz and the musicbrainz artist id and release-group-id are already saved in the nfo files. I will make this visible/editable in MediaElch with the next release. What's the correct tag in nfo files to store this? I haven't found any info if it's just <id></id> or something else...

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Komet - 2015-01-26

(2015-01-25, 09:57)_J@n_ Wrote: First of all thanks for another great release!

Scanning seems to be faster which is a big plus.Rofl

The new icons are a bit skinny and don't match the rest of my interface (Linux). IIRC this is the forth version with a new interface. Hope you're satisfied with this one Wink

I spent the better part of yesterday working on my music collection and trying to scrape it. Not completely successful. Since the feature is somewhat beta I thought I'd better report my findings.Blush
  • As far as I could figure out, you need to select an artist then scrape the artist info. After that you select all albums under that artist and scrape them. Can this be done in one action (so scraping artist and album info all at once)?
  • When I select more than 5 artists, the program crashes. I am running the English version on Ubuntu 14.04. Media is stored on a NAS, meta data is stored in MariaDB (but meta data should not matter here)
  • When scraping multiple albums the upper progress bar does not stop moving. This is usually the case when trying to scrape more then three albums. Eventually I hit the button to stop scraping.
  • The results are not very good. This I think has nothing to do with ME but more with the databases that are being scraped. A large part of my collection consists of Black Metal, Speed Metal, Fusion metal and the likes. Would it be possible to add the Metal Archives or even better: WikiPedia? I searched some randomly chosen "obscure" bands I have and all were found on WP Cool
  • Would be great if the software could handle multi disc albums. I usually put them in separate folders using the album name followed by CD1 or CD2. Others might use a different scheme. Would it not be great if that was a configurable setting?

So kudos for this release and maybe my comments can help a little to make it even better Smile

Greetz,

_J@n_

Icons are now rendered with an icon font. It works great on OS X (icons are not that thin as on Windows and Linux). I was a little bit tired of creating png's in multiple resolutions and colors for the whole GUI...
  • 1) Scraping artists and albums together should already work: Just select all artists and albums you want to scrape.
  • 2) Does it crash exactly when selecting 5 artists? Does MediaElch crash when just selecting them or after hitting scrape or while scraping...?
  • 3) Fixed.
  • 4) If the wikipedia link is available through MusicBrainz this might be possible but you would only get the artist description, no images, no dates... I will look into this. I don't think that MusicBrainz has an entry for the Metal Archives Wink
  • 5) I just forgot that somebody might use subdirectories for multi disc albums. This might be a little bit complicated as all information must be stored in each subdirectory. The most secure way might be to display them as three different albums in MediaElch. Just in case somebody already has a cover for each disc inside the subdirectory they may be different. So scraping the album only once and store the information inside all subfolders might overwrite something...

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - three80 - 2015-01-26

(2015-01-26, 14:12)Komet Wrote: Scraping always starts on musicbrainz and the musicbrainz artist id and release-group-id are already saved in the nfo files. I will make this visible/editable in MediaElch with the next release. What's the correct tag in nfo files to store this? I haven't found any info if it's just <id></id> or something else...

After exporting music from Kodi in seperate files looks like these are the tags it uses:

Code:
<musicBrainzArtistID></musicBrainzArtistID>
<musicBrainzAlbumID></musicBrainzAlbumID>
<musicBrainzTrackID></musicBrainzTrackID>

All musicBrainzTrackID's are however empty.

I don't see any albumartist tag, i would assume it would also work but I can't find anything on the wiki.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Mike_Doc - 2015-01-26

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for a music manager. I'm testing it now. One initial question is that it is saving cd art as disc.png and not cdart.png so which is the correct naming convention for cd art in music album folders for kodi?

Regards,

Mike.

(2015-01-26, 16:34)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi,

Firstly, thanks for a music manager. I'm testing it now. One initial question is that it is saving cd art as disc.png and not cdart.png so which is the correct naming convention for cd art in music album folders for kodi?

Regards,

Mike.

I'm not sure Wink Somebody reported that it should be cdart.png. You are able to adjust the filename in MediaElchs settings (Settings -> Music -> CD Art).

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - rdonohoe - 2015-01-27

Would be great if the ID3 tags for music files were read for scraping instead of the file name. My files are named in my own custom way but tagged perfectly.