Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - janus39 - 2015-01-28

Hi Komet,

First, thanks for the work !! I was waiting music manager for a long time.

I've a small problem with music: if my album folder already contains a "folder.jpg" file MediaElch doesn't save what it has scrappe. I woud like it ask me for what to do.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Powerhouse - 2015-01-28

(2015-01-28, 16:39)bobrap Wrote: Hi, just started using MediaElch and have a ton of questions, but, I'll start with just a few. Easy one, where is the list for what all the little icons mean? The main feature I'm interested in is synchronize to Kodi. If I try and transfer watched status from Kodi to MediaElch, nothing happens. Going the other way to update Kodi is the same. I can see that it started the db update, but, I see no changes. Any help is greatly appreciated. I hoped using nightly builds would help. Sad Thanks!

Couple answers for ya...

1. The Three squares in a triangle at the top, if you hover your mouse over it, says it for updating Kodi.

2. MediaElch doesn't pick up the Watched status from Kodi (I wish it would, perhaps in a future build...please Komet). In MediaElch, you can select a Movie or TV Show to have a watched status (there is a check box), however for Kodi to read that, you need to add a line to your advanced settings.xml file. I posted about this earlier in this thread, so you might want to look back to get the exact line you need. See my post 1247, on page 84 (I believe).

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - _J@n_ - 2015-01-28

(2015-01-28, 18:51)Powerhouse Wrote: 2. MediaElch doesn't pick up the Watched status from Kodi (I wish it would, perhaps in a future build...please Komet). In MediaElch, you can select a Movie or TV Show to have a watched status (there is a check box), however for Kodi to read that, you need to add a line to your advanced settings.xml file. I posted about this earlier in this thread, so you might want to look back to get the exact line you need. See my post 1247, on page 84 (I believe).

Well, there is a waySmile

You can export your library from Kodi (single files) and that will update/overwrite the nfo files. Then ME will indicate that files have a watched status (or not).

HTH

Greetz,

_J@n_

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - hiphutch - 2015-01-28

MediaElch works awesome for movies. I have just started testing it out for music. I am noticing that it is finding very few items. I do have few suggestions:

1. It would be nice if we could create a custom scraper like we can for movies.

2. Read id3 tags, not just folder names.

3. Allow for fuzzy searching, or exclusions. All of my album folders are titled like "Queen\(1979) A Night at the Opera (US)" or for compilations "Various Artists\Disneymania (2002)(US)". This is done with larger collections when there may be multiple releases of the same album. Currently MediaElch can not match any of this.

4. Use MusicBrainz.org as a source. It is one of the more complete and accurate opensource databases out there. As well as read the tags to use the musicbrainz artist, album, and release ids for more exact matches.

5. Add additional sources, MusicBrainz.org, Last.fm, Discogs, AllMusic.com, would be very important. Maybe even have the ability to add additonal one offs that are more genre specific, such as Encyclopaedia Metallum for metal music, maybe beatport for edm music, or cdbaby for indie music, etc.

Thanks!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - schimi2k - 2015-01-28

THX 4 the ä,ö,ü fix Komet Smile works like a charm now

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Komet - 2015-01-28

(2015-01-28, 20:06)hiphutch Wrote: MediaElch works awesome for movies. I have just started testing it out for music. I am noticing that it is finding very few items. I do have few suggestions:

1. It would be nice if we could create a custom scraper like we can for movies.

2. Read id3 tags, not just folder names.

3. Allow for fuzzy searching, or exclusions. All of my album folders are titled like "Queen\(1979) A Night at the Opera (US)" or for compilations "Various Artists\Disneymania (2002)(US)". This is done with larger collections when there may be multiple releases of the same album. Currently MediaElch can not match any of this.

4. Use MusicBrainz.org as a source. It is one of the more complete and accurate opensource databases out there. As well as read the tags to use the musicbrainz artist, album, and release ids for more exact matches.

5. Add additional sources, MusicBrainz.org, Last.fm, Discogs, AllMusic.com, would be very important. Maybe even have the ability to add additonal one offs that are more genre specific, such as Encyclopaedia Metallum for metal music, maybe beatport for edm music, or cdbaby for indie music, etc.

Thanks!

2. This will be a little bit over the top for now and is unlikely to come in the near future.
4. Musicbrainz is the main source. Every search is done on musicbrainz.
5. There's a little hint at the community forums about the scrapers. In short: It is already musicbrainz, the audio db, allmusic, discogs

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bobrap - 2015-01-28

These are the icons I'm asking about. Some I figured out.

And this is what I asking if it works or something for the future. Thanks again.

MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Komet - 2015-01-28

@bobrap: For the icons see http://community.kvibes.de/topic/show/tv-shows-2 and for the sync http://community.kvibes.de/topic/show/synchronization-with-kodi
Hope this helps a little bit.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - bobrap - 2015-01-28

(2015-01-28, 22:23)Komet Wrote: @bobrap: For the icons see http://community.kvibes.de/topic/show/tv-shows-2 and for the sync http://community.kvibes.de/topic/show/synchronization-with-kodi

Thanks for that. Is there something special needing to be done with the sync to get watched status? Seems that's what I can't get working.

BTW, music is coming along nicely. One problem I noticed is special charcters not being scraped. EX. 1990 - Serious Hits… Live! If I remove !, it scrapes fine.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - CygnusHyoga - 2015-01-29

(2013-10-24, 11:07)Komet Wrote:
(2013-10-24, 09:49)shaktoo Wrote: Hi Komet ! I am a new user and am greatly impressed but there are a few things that I would like to request.
1- Media Folder Monitoring ---meaning ME running in background as a service ( hopefully commandline .. but thats not available ATM I know). So any new media ( movie / tv show ) would trigger a........
2- Auto scraping : as ME is monitoring folders so a new addition to the folders triggers a scrape automatically both for movies & Tv Shows
3- Also Please add support for scraping "folder.jpg" which i know is older and not required for xbmc but still my windows library is all complete .

Running MediaElch as a service is currently not on the roadmap.
The filenames can be adjusted in the settings already.

I would like to see MediaElch running as a service....imagine a VM with mediaelch installled as a service (or alway running in X server), and Monitoring a share/directory with the media files and autoscrapping.....and when a new movie is scrapped or added send a email/resume with the information xD cool ^^

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Tatts4Life - 2015-01-29

Found out about this through a video on YouTube. This thing is great. My only problem is i have tons of mixes from small unknown DJs so there are a bunch of artists and mixes that are missing artwork. But it works great with all my other artists and albums.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Powerhouse - 2015-01-30

(2015-01-28, 22:23)Komet Wrote: @bobrap: For the icons see http://community.kvibes.de/topic/show/tv-shows-2 and for the sync http://community.kvibes.de/topic/show/synchronization-with-kodi

So just to put this out there, here is what the second link above says...

"In order to synchronize data between MediaElch and Kodi you need to visit MediaElchs settings first and enter Kodis IP address, port and your credentials.

Then select movies, tv shows or concerts you wish to update. Right click on them and choose "Add to synchronization queue". You'll notice an orange sync icon in front of each of them. In the main toolbar click on the sync to Kodi icon and choose the appropriate action."

Now, I have done this in the past, and found MediaElch only goes one way, from MediaElch to XBMC\Kodi. So here was my testing.

1. MediaElch and Kodi are setup correctly in MediaElch (IP address, port, login and password). This works for Updating Kodi with changes in MediaElch (and has for a long time).

2. I made a change to a TV Show (just a single episode of the new TV Show 12 Monkeys) in Kodi (marked it as watched), and in MediaElch, I right clicked on 12 Monkeys, and "Add to Synchronization queue". Then still in MediaElch, I click on the button to Sync MediaElch with Kodi, selected the option to "Retrieve Watched Status" and clicked OK. Nothing Happened.

3. So I then made changes to a different TV Show (The Big Bang Theory), within MediaElch (marked all of Season 5 as Watched), so Playcount for each episode in Season 5 was set to 1 (I wish you could do this once for the season and it would mark every episode, but again maybe something for a future build of MediaElch). Then I clicked The Big Bang Theory, and "Add to Synchronization queue" then went to sync MediaElch with Kodi, selected the option to "Retrieve Watched Status" and clicked OK. Again, nothing happened.

Now normally, if I make a change like the above in MediaElch, I would select "Update Contents" and this would update Kodi with the Watched Status (and it does, but as I pointed out before, you have to have that setting in Advancedsettings.xml for this to work).

So trying both from Kodi to MediaElch, and from MediaElch to Kodi, using the "Add to Synchronization queue" and with the Option "Retrieve Watched Status" doesn't do anything. So am I missing something, or doing something wrong?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - iblong - 2015-01-31

I hope this is not an idiot question......................
In music I can highlight one artist and then use control + A to highlight all for scrapping.
How do I do this for my other media types?
Thank you.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - halburrows - 2015-01-31

(2015-01-27, 22:57)Komet Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 22:44)halburrows Wrote: Could we please get the resolution icon back please? It's now much fpmore difficult for me to see the resolution and if I need to update my movie. Thanks.

Resolution icon?
Edit: Just realized what you mean, it's back again in the next nightly build.

Thank you thank you thank you! My hero!!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - sveni_lee - 2015-01-31

I have a little problem to scrap AC/DC. When I look at TheAudioDB AC/DC is still there but
Media can`t find any album or information... I also tried ACDC but without success...
Any Ideas? Maybe its related to the "/"...