Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - OLDCell - 2015-03-03

Hi,

My library is made up of local content and strm files to Amazon and Netflix content, the current information scraped for Amazon and Netflix content is lacking and I was wondering if I could manually get the information and use Mediaelch to create the nfo file for local scrapping.

Does it support strm, or would I have to create a dummy video file with the film title for it to pick it up.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - TerrorKeed - 2015-03-03

all known xbmc media scrapers support .strm files, so yes it would work. all my tv shows are made up of these.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - OLDCell - 2015-03-03

(2015-03-03, 14:21)TerrorKeed Wrote: all known xbmc media scrapers support .strm files, so yes it would work. all my tv shows are made up of these.

Thank you! Just got it setup and running while I'm at work, looks like it's doing a good job of the strm files so far, only a couple where it scrapped info for some completely random film.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - _J@n_ - 2015-03-03

Ok, short silly question: I have a new special from a series. How do I name the episode and where should I place it so that ME and Kodi will pick it up?

I thought I needed a folder called "Season 00" but ME doesn't find that.

TIA

Greetz,

_J@n_

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - garretn - 2015-03-03

(2015-03-03, 19:28)_J@n_ Wrote: Ok, short silly question: I have a new special from a series. How do I name the episode and where should I place it so that ME and Kodi will pick it up?

I thought I needed a folder called "Season 00" but ME doesn't find that.

TIA

Greetz,

_J@n_

Mine are set up like so:

./TV Shows/TV Show/Season 00/TV Show - S##E## - My Special.mkv

And are picked up fine. Perhaps its the file names themselves not being picked up?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - _J@n_ - 2015-03-03

(2015-03-03, 19:49)garretn Wrote: Mine are set up like so:

./TV Shows/TV Show/Season 00/TV Show - S##E## - My Special.mkv

And are picked up fine. Perhaps its the file names themselves not being picked up?

Hi,

I will give it a try. Tx!

Greetz,

_J@n_

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - JesusOnEez - 2015-03-04

I've always used 'Specials' with no problems, with the usual S00Exx episode names.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - MonSoon12 - 2015-03-05

Hey, firstly thanks for this fantastic media manager!

I just switched from Ember to this a few days ago, so now the testing.
Really liked all the fanart, cdArt, clearart & logo options. Now my Kodi is looking awesome.

There are however, a few things I haven't been able to figure out.

1) Shows, extrafanart - I can't seem to get any extrafanart to load, doesn't change from default to any scraper in the drop down option. Movies work fine, shows just confuse me...
2) Shows, I'm unable to scrape multipart episodes, is it due to my naming structure?
Stargate Universe (01x01_01x02_01x03) - Air (1)(2)(3)
Worked fine in Kodi and worked in Ember Media Manager as well.

EDIT: Spelling

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Powerhouse - 2015-03-06

According to the Wiki (http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows), your naming looks correct, however, I believe its the Brackets () around the episode numbers that might be causing you the issue.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - MonSoon12 - 2015-03-06

Yep, tried without brackets, it worked... will have to to use a renamer to redo my entire collection... soo many lol

Oh and any idea about my first issue? does extrafanart not work for shows?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Powerhouse - 2015-03-07

Extrafanart works fine, but your Skin needs to support this feature. I have noticed that on occasion, that downloading artwork sometimes is extremely slow (or doesn't work), and I just try again a day or two later, and it works again. I would imagine, that the server hosting the artwork is being bombarded and acting slow, which is causing this issue on occasion.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - kromix - 2015-03-07

Hi there,

Question, it's probably easy and I'm just missing it, but how can you scrape more than one episode in a season at once?

Scenario:

Added House of Cards Season 3 , then I had to click EACH individual episode click the Scrape button, select the Show , hit ok, go to the next episode and repeat this 13 times for each episode.

Is there not an auto scrape button or something to atleast do once season at once?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - sergiocos - 2015-03-07

Click the tv show name, press Scrape, and then select Update new episodes from the lower dropdown, and all episodes will be added to database, the tv show and all other episodes will remain unchanged; however, you will have to remember to change that scrape mode when you add a new tv show that need to be scraped as 'update tv show and all episodes'. There are different scrape methods for every need Wink

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - itsratso - 2015-03-10

hey komet, a suggestion? i would love to see batch downloading of extrafanart also. i think (others may disagree) the simplest and cleanest way to do it is to click on fanart which brings up all the available fanart and then just alt/click to select any desired fanart you want.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - _J@n_ - 2015-03-10

(2015-03-10, 16:59)itsratso Wrote: hey komet, a suggestion? i would love to see batch downloading of extrafanart also. i think (others may disagree) the simplest and cleanest way to do it is to click on fanart which brings up all the available fanart and then just alt/click to select any desired fanart you want.

Maybe I misunderstand your request but that feature is already present. Select a show, choose "Extra Fanart" tab, click "Add images" and select the images you need.

If you mean you want to batch download extra fanart for multiple shows simultaneously then you're out of luck. That is not possible. And once your library is up to date you should have lesser need for it Wink

Best regards,

_J@n_