Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - nonob - 2013-12-16

Hi,

I have another issue, sometimes xbmc don't want to launch from minimized window, it seems to be crashed and i have to kill its process.
Is there any knew issues about xbmc minimized crashing ?

Thanks

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Spreyton22 - 2013-12-17

(2013-12-10, 10:39)nonob Wrote: Is there a way to force XBMC to go full screen with the same "Win+Alt+Enter" ?

I use the "\" key to toggle window/Full Screen Mode.
Does this help ?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - nonob - 2013-12-17

No,when XBMC is crashed, it doesn't help.

I rode somewhere else that screen saver could be the pb, so i disabled it, i will see..

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Vidman - 2013-12-19

(2013-12-16, 13:35)nonob Wrote: Hi,

I have another issue, sometimes xbmc don't want to launch from minimized window, it seems to be crashed and i have to kill its process.

Thanks

I'm experiencing the same issue

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Choppasmith - 2013-12-20

I apologize if this issue has been addressed, but while XBMCLauncher works great everywhere else, about half the time, the sound won't come on, I have to exit and restart XBMC. I have the setting for the Launcher replacing Explorer as the Shell and while I could disable that and it would most likely work, I'm wondering if there's a solution anyone knows of so that I can keep the much faster "Launcher as Shell" option.

EDIT: Just for clarification, I've got Windows 7 32 bit with onboard Realtek sound on the motherboard.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - darksupernova - 2013-12-20

(2013-12-20, 00:22)Choppasmith Wrote: I apologize if this issue has been addressed, but while XBMCLauncher works great everywhere else, about half the time, the sound won't come on, I have to exit and restart XBMC. I have the setting for the Launcher replacing Explorer as the Shell and while I could disable that and it would most likely work, I'm wondering if there's a solution anyone knows of so that I can keep the much faster "Launcher as Shell" option.

I get the same problem. I have the pc plugged into my receiver by hdmi and I quite often need to restart xbmc to get it to recognise the hdmi connection... Only happens half the time, pain in the bum!

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-12-20

This is a problem mainly with windows and can happen if the hdmi audio device is not initialized before xbmc is started. I always keep my avr powered on before starting my htpc. However with optical out there is no such problem, but it doesn't support HD audio passthrough. In the launcher you can add a delay for xbmc to start.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - darksupernova - 2013-12-20

(2013-12-20, 05:02)baijuxavior Wrote: This is a problem mainly with windows and can happen if the hdmi audio device is not initialized before xbmc is started. I always keep my avr powered on before starting my htpc. However with optical out there is no such problem, but it doesn't support HD audio passthrough. In the launcher you can add a delay for xbmc to start.

Thank you for your reply. I do already leave the receiver on and use a delay but perhaps I need to increase the delay, I'll try it out.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - nonob - 2013-12-20

(2013-12-19, 17:49)Vidman Wrote:

Thanks

I always have the issue with xbmc screen saver off.
Did you found a solution ?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - pacooka - 2013-12-22

Found an issue on windows 8 Ent, when right click on XBMCLauncher (system try icon) "Show GUI settings" gets an error, is it a known issue ?
It runs ok when using the desktop's icon.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - nonob - 2013-12-22

(2013-12-20, 14:25)nonob Wrote:
(2013-12-19, 17:49)Vidman Wrote:

Thanks

I always have the issue with xbmc screen saver off.
Did you found a solution ?

I tried without xbmcstarter and i always have the problem...., so it isn't a xbmcstarter related problem..

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Javlin - 2013-12-23

Does this work with windows 8.1 ?

when set as xbmc shell it boots into windows login as normal then no xbmc after logging in?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-12-23

I have not tested it in Windows 8.1. Try running the installer as admin.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Javlin - 2013-12-23

Working now took a few reboots to kick in, sorry.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - PauleDerFaule - 2013-12-28

Hey,

is it possible to add more external apps then 6? Maybe in a config-file?

I use the external Apps for my PC Games to prevent the focus from xbmc.