Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-08-17

Uploaded V2.2 with option to set time delay for XBMC startup.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - magnosantos - 2012-08-17

Is there a way of changing the Application to Event Strutucture Programing instead of being polling all the time?
I ask this, because 2% of CPU load is too much for such an application.

Other than this. Great work.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - gibxxi - 2012-08-17

(2012-08-17, 11:35)baijuxavior Wrote: Uploaded V2.2 with option to set time delay for XBMC startup.

Wow, that's service! I'm impressed! Will test this out a bit later. Thanks a million baijuxavior!

Nod

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Nimo - 2012-08-17

v2.2 works great

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-08-18

(2012-08-17, 18:05)magnosantos Wrote: Is there a way of changing the Application to Event Strutucture Programing instead of being polling all the time?
I ask this, because 2% of CPU load is too much for such an application.

Other than this. Great work.

I think autohotkey scripts are not event driven, correct me if I'm wrong. The codes are executed in the order they appear in the code unlike in vb. I have never checked the CPU load of this application nor I'm worried about it as long as it does the work. There is only one timer function which polls every 500ms to check whether xbmc is closed. May be you can edit the timer delay to save some resources. I can write a vb.net program with a nice interface, but I think this autohotkey script is more than enough for the present need.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Clutchless - 2012-08-18

When I got to Shutdown > Quit it just brings up the Windows Libraries window vs the explorer shell.

Running Win7 x64, XBMC Launcher 2.2.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-08-19

I need to check that. Are you using xbmc in shell mode? In my setup it starts the desktop. Any others with the same problem?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Clutchless - 2012-08-19

(2012-08-19, 04:39)baijuxavior Wrote: I need to check that. Are you using xbmc in shell mode? In my setup it starts the desktop. Any others with the same problem?

Yes I am.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Dark_Wizard - 2012-08-19

I have the same issue as Clutchless, had it with 2.1 as well.

Win7 x64, XBMC Launcher 2.2

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - StefanK - 2012-08-19

This program is working great and is solving the problem I have been having with my monitor going black on start up from standby xbmc windows vista.
However, there are two things I need to figure out:
1. It seems that I am now unable to use my keypress ctrl-alt-s to activate the suspend command to xbmc. Nothing happens <s mod="ctrl,alt">suspend</s> - why?
2. The pc is much noisier than before with the CPU running up and down from 4-60% when nothing is happening. I have tried minimizing the use of the XBMC Launcher by checking "Check Focus Only Once" - what can be done?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-19, 22:32)StefanK Wrote: This program is working great and is solving the problem I have been having with my monitor going black on start up from standby xbmc windows vista.
1. It seems that I am now unable to use my keypress ctrl-alt-s to activate the suspend command to xbmc. Nothing happens <s mod="ctrl,alt">suspend</s> - why?
2. The pc is much noisier than before with the CPU running up and down from 4-60% when nothing is happening. I have tried minimizing the use of the XBMC Launcher by checking "Check Focus Only Once" - what can be done?

1. XBMCLauncher does not capture Ctrl+Alt+S key press. So the problem should be with xbmc settings. Do you have keymap file? The included keymap file does not contain code for Ctrl+Alt+S. You can add the code in the keymap file and try again.

2. I doubt XBMCLauncher has anything got to do with noise. In my PC (Win 7 Ultimate, 32 bit) the CPU usage is almost zero and the memory usage is below 2MB for XBMCLauncher, as seen from the Task Manager. I suggest you to close XBMCLauncher and monitor the CPU usage.

3.When I close XBMC in my system, the desktop is loaded instead of library as some members have pointed out. May be the issue is related to OS settings.

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Skank - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-20, 06:45)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2012-08-19, 22:32)StefanK Wrote: This program is working great and is solving the problem I have been having with my monitor going black on start up from standby xbmc windows vista.

3.When I close XBMC in my system, the desktop is loaded instead of library as some members have pointed out. May be the issue is related to OS settings.

I have the same problem as Clutchless, any updates on this? And where is that new topic? on changing boot screens and stuff

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - StefanK - 2012-08-20

(2012-08-20, 06:45)baijuxavior Wrote: 1. XBMCLauncher does not capture Ctrl+Alt+S key press. So the problem should be with xbmc settings. Do you have keymap file? The included keymap file does not contain code for Ctrl+Alt+S. You can add the code in the keymap file and try again.

I have made a number of modifications to my keyboard.xml (including the mentioned Ctrl+Alt+S). Is there a special keymap for XBMCLauncher - and where do I find it?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Skank - 2012-08-20

Whats the difference with this method: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37492&page=7

Which one is better?
Cant you make disabling logos, windows screens and stuff part of the xbmc launcher?
When I got to Shutdown > Quit it just brings up the Windows Libraries window vs the explorer shell. Will there come a fix for this?

RE: XBMC Launcher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Autostart XBMC, Set Focus and more - Nimo - 2012-08-20

your link is just a "look-like-shell-mod". xbmclauncher makes real changes in your system so you have a real shell-mod.
but i have same issue like you, after closing xbmc an explorer.exe starts but shows only an explorer-window. with taskmanager i start the "real" explorer.exe for desktop.
maybe its x64 related.