Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - gitman - 2014-07-30

hi - has there been a fix issued for the custom Confluence shutdown menu for Gotham? thanks!

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-08-04

(2014-07-30, 02:36)gitman Wrote: hi - has there been a fix issued for the custom Confluence shutdown menu for Gotham? thanks!

It is working for me. What problem are you facing?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - gitman - 2014-08-05

well, in Gotham I simply have the plain-Jane XBMC shutdown menu. And now that I've downgraded to Frodo, I still don't have the custom shutdown menu. Do I need to uninstall before I reinstall?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-08-05

Reinstall the launcher. This will replace the shutdown menu. Uninstallation is not required.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - osirisjem - 2014-08-05

I was having problems with XBMC apparently crashing when awaking from sleep.
This seems to have cured it.
Great tool. Thanks.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Wanilton - 2014-08-12

It´s possible create version for Kodi Helix, exe go to program files\kodi or anyone have tip how implement with actual release?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-08-12

(2014-08-12, 01:57)Wanilton Wrote: It´s possible create version for Kodi Helix, exe go to program files\kodi or anyone have tip how implement with actual release?

Will change the launcher code after testing Kodi. You can set the path for xbmc in XBMC Path settings > Set XBMC Path.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Pissa - 2014-08-25

Hi baijuxavior!
Using your tool from a while with great satistaction!

I recently installed on my android phone Remote Control Collection app, that (with the installation of a server on computer) allows to use the smartphone as a mouse and keyboard on a windows computer (so I can manage my htpc without having to connect a true mouse and a true keyboard). XBMCLauncher is set in this way:

- start XBMC when Windows start
- use XBMCLauncher shell
- open Windows Explorer when exiting from XBMC
- Remote Control Server.exe as external app, starting with XBMC

Everything works fine within XBMC.
But when exiting and desktop appears, I can't get the mouse. Mouse is functioning, also keyboard, simply the cursor is hidden and doesn't show!
I tried also other apps with their windows server software, and I always got the same behaviour.
So I think there's a problem withing XBMCLauncher shell and Explorer launch when exiting.

Is there a fix for this or I miss some setting in XBMCLauncher?
Thanks!

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-08-26

Check if you can see the mouse cursor without starting Remote Control Server.exe as external app.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Pissa - 2014-08-26

I'll try when I go home, but for sure if I don't set Remote Control Server.exe to start as external app but simply to start with Windows, I don't have neither mouse nor keyboard within XBMC.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Pissa - 2014-08-26

ok so that are my tests:

- Remote Control Server.exe as external app, starting with XBMC -> mouse ok within XBMC, hidden when exiting
- Remote Control Server.exe as external app, but no starting with XBMC -> no mouse within XBMC, no mouse when exiting
- Remote Control Server.exe simply starting with Windows, not setted in XBMCLauncher -> no mouse within XBMC, hidden when exiting

Huh

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-08-27

Can you see mouse cursor if windows starts normally without setting the launcher as shell?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - alexp4re - 2014-08-27

thank you baijuxavior. omg. i just discovered this great app. i've been lookin for solution or something like this for awhile. will name my first born after you. Smile

i have just 1 question. i have mine set to delay at 30 seconds. why is that while i'm scrolling down on chrome browser or typing this message to replay to you & i know it hasn't hit 30 seconds(maybe at 5 seconds), but it focus back to xbmc. the delay should start after the last key press right? but its not. its kinda annoying. what am i doing wrong? please advise. thanks.

win 7 x64, xbmc 13.2, aeon mq5

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-08-27

(2014-08-27, 08:50)alexp4re Wrote: thank you baijuxavior. omg. i just discovered this great app. i've been lookin for solution or something like this for awhile. will name my first born after you. Smile

i have just 1 question. i have mine set to delay at 30 seconds. why is that while i'm scrolling down on chrome browser or typing this message to replay to you & i know it hasn't hit 30 seconds(maybe at 5 seconds), but it focus back to xbmc. the delay should start after the last key press right? but its not. its kinda annoying. what am i doing wrong? please advise. thanks.

Thanks.

The delay is checked constantly, so when you had opened chrome the delay count may have reached 25 seconds and it will focus after 5 seconds. If xbmc focuses constantly then definitely there is some problem with the delay time handling. Check with another value. Are you using the GUI to set values? You can add chrome to external apps list and enable the option to disable focus when it is running.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - alexp4re - 2014-08-28

(2014-08-27, 16:40)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2014-08-27, 08:50)alexp4re Wrote: thank you baijuxavior. omg. i just discovered this great app. i've been lookin for solution or something like this for awhile. will name my first born after you. Smile

Thanks.

The delay is checked constantly, so when you had opened chrome the delay count may have reached 25 seconds and it will focus after 5 seconds. If xbmc focuses constantly then definitely there is some problem with the delay time handling. Check with another value. Are you using the GUI to set values? You can add chrome to external apps list and enable the option to disable focus when it is running.

baijuxavior - after a restart of my computer, i lost all desktop functions. just blank black screens. my only option was to open task manager. i even kill xbmclauncher process and nothing happen. even with a restart of windows in safe mode to try to do a system restore. a popped up window error of xbmc GUI; still no desktop functions, but just black blank screens. at this point i was getting very worried that i had to reformat my computer. good news, i was able to pop in a windows disk to do a computer repair & do a system restore this way. can you give me some insights of what happen. i would like to use your app. thanks.

win 7 x64, xbmc 13.2 gotham, aeon MQ5