Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - rasmu - 2014-12-28

Hello baijuxavior,

Can you provide the source for KodiLauncher.exe ?
Thanks.

Edit : in the meantime, I modified the source with Resource Hacker, so no rush Smile
There are still references to XBMC handle instead of Kodi like WinGet, Style, Style, ahk_class XBMC

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-12-29

(2014-12-26, 11:20)Hetfiled Wrote: Hi baijuxavior

2 days ago I updated from xbmc 13 to helix 14, and xbmc launcher 3.5 to KodiLauncher V1.0

Now if I choose Kodi as shell, it freeze and crash on startup, but no problem with widows as shell

I'm on win7.

Some suggestion ?

I don't know what is the reason for this problem. Reinstalling Kodi may solve the issue.

(2014-12-27, 01:07)smuller Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 17:30)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2014-10-22, 22:51)gjurriens Wrote: I can't wait to see that coming.
If you need a tester, just let me know as I'm happy to help.
I'm using Kodi on a daily base, so I can test new versions pretty fast.

I'm running on Kodi on a Windows 8.1 system with 4GB RAM.
If you need more specs on the system, just let me know.

Here is link to KodiLauncher. It is not completed yet. Tested in Windows 7 32 bit only. Uninstall or close xbmclauncher before installing kodilauncher.

So Kodi released their final version and I want to update it from xbmc 13.2.

Before I do this I want to know if the kodi launcher will work with Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Any updates about the official kodi launcher? Thanks in advance.

It should work in Win 8.1 64 bit without causing any problems.

(2014-12-27, 01:38)shanehearps Wrote: hi,

I've read about 20 pages so far and am unsure how you actually launch these external programs from within xbmc? Is there meant to be a 'program' or something you select to launch these external programs?
sorted this one out.

Is it possible to add flags to the external apps? ie i would like to start utorrent but force it minimised but am unsure how to add the /hide flag.

Not possible with the current build. May add this feature in next version.

(2014-12-28, 15:50)rasmu Wrote: Hello baijuxavior,

Thanks.

Edit : in the meantime, I modified the source with Resource Hacker, so no rush Smile
There are still references to XBMC handle instead of Kodi like WinGet, Style, Style, ahk_class XBMC

Kodi still uses the window handle 'xbmc'.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - rasmu - 2014-12-29

(2014-12-29, 18:11)baijuxavior Wrote:

Thanks.

Are you sure ?
Kodi helix 14.0 : http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=729129kodi.jpg

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - smuller - 2014-12-30

(2014-12-27, 01:07)smuller Wrote:
(2014-10-23, 17:30)baijuxavior Wrote: Here is link to KodiLauncher. It is not completed yet. Tested in Windows 7 32 bit only. Uninstall or close xbmclauncher before installing kodilauncher.

So Kodi released their final version and I want to update it from xbmc 13.2.

Before I do this I want to know if the kodi launcher will work with Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Any updates about the official kodi launcher? Thanks in advance.

It should work in Win 8.1 64 bit without causing any problems.[/quote]

Thank you baijuxavior, it works great:-) Thanks for your hard work and best wishes for 2015.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2014-12-30

(2014-12-29, 19:59)rasmu Wrote:
(2014-12-29, 18:11)baijuxavior Wrote:

Thanks.

Are you sure ?
Kodi helix 14.0 : http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=729129kodi.jpg

Well, it may have changed recently. The handle was xbmc when I modified the old xbmclauncher script.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - BuSHari - 2014-12-31

(2014-12-04, 15:53)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 13:25)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 00:16)blondeshanks Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply, I'm not good with making icons (or any other design for that matter) so maybe once Kodi becomes more established, there will be different Kodi themed icons to choose from which can replace the one currently used.

Until then, it's not a major issue so either way, the program works and I'm happy.

Keep up the good work....

I guys, could this work? Let me know! Wink

It will work, but then both kodi and launcher icons will be same which can be confusing.

Hello,

I`ve changed the colors of the icon, i`ve created 3 icons for you. (let me know of you want it in other colors)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6e4pscx71yxcfpt/icons.zip?dl=0

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - daerlnaxe - 2014-12-31

Hi everybody,

I'm here for signal that meanwhile the setup comodo signal a trojan on a .tmp file. (cloudscanner.trojan.gen@2@1)
I can't submit it, because i can't find it in the quarantine section. Perhaps is this a false positive, but i prefer to ask here before ignoring the alert.

Thanks.

Happy new year to all.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-01-01

(2014-12-31, 13:27)BuSHari Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 13:25)axlt2002 Wrote: I guys, could this work? Let me know! Wink

It will work, but then both kodi and launcher icons will be same which can be confusing.

Hello,

I`ve changed the colors of the icon, i`ve created 3 icons for you. (let me know of you want it in other colors)

Nice icons. Will change the icon in next release.

(2014-12-31, 15:55)daerlnaxe Wrote: Hi everybody,

I'm here for signal that meanwhile the setup comodo signal a trojan on a .tmp file. (cloudscanner.trojan.gen@2@1)
I can't submit it, because i can't find it in the quarantine section. Perhaps is this a false positive, but i prefer to ask here before ignoring the alert.

Thanks.

Happy new year to all.

It is a false detection. If you are worried about infection, try the source code and compile it yourself.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - blondeshanks - 2015-01-01

(2014-12-04, 13:25)axlt2002 Wrote: I guys, could this work? Let me know! Wink

Hello,

Quite like the green on grey background, thanks for changing them... look forward to seeing it used in the next update Big Grin

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - blondeshanks - 2015-01-01

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this using the new Kodi Launcher but every now and again, when I press my remotes' button to launch Kodi, Windows Media Center also launches in the background?

It's very rare, perhaps once in every 15-20 times I use the Kodi Launcher and it appears to be a random thing that doesn't affect Kodi as it has focus - it's just annoying that it's there using resources etc.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to the update.....

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-01-02

(2015-01-01, 19:28)blondeshanks Wrote: Not sure if anyone else has experienced this using the new Kodi Launcher but every now and again, when I press my remotes' button to launch Kodi, Windows Media Center also launches in the background?

It's very rare, perhaps once in every 15-20 times I use the Kodi Launcher and it appears to be a random thing that doesn't affect Kodi as it has focus - it's just annoying that it's there using resources etc.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to the update.....

I never experienced this. You can disable WMC if you don't use it or modify the code to use another shortcut for launching kodi. The current shortcut is Win+Alt+Enter which is the same for WMC, but autohotkey is supposed to handle the shortcut and start kodi.

(2015-01-01, 19:17)blondeshanks Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 15:53)baijuxavior Wrote: It will work, but then both kodi and launcher icons will be same which can be confusing.

Hello,

Quite like the green on grey background, thanks for changing them... look forward to seeing it used in the next update Big Grin

Just replace the icon file KodiLauncher.ico in your launcher installation folder.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - jungario - 2015-01-02

Hi, I tried changing in the settings the path for xbmc launcher towards Kodi.exe under Program files (x86) with no luck, still it will not auto-launch on windows 8 start, since my update to helix.
Any help would be appreciated.
Bonne Année 2015

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-01-03

(2015-01-02, 21:23)jungario Wrote: Hi, I tried changing in the settings the path for xbmc launcher towards Kodi.exe under Program files (x86) with no luck, still it will not auto-launch on windows 8 start, since my update to helix.
Any help would be appreciated.
Bonne Année 2015

Try KodiLauncher. Download link in first page.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - jungario - 2015-01-03

Thanks works fine now!

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Togabot - 2015-01-03

kodilauncher is saying "unable to create resource kodi.exe" any suggestions?