Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Scottland - 2015-01-22

Hi,

Just changed from xbmclauncher to Kodi launcher (and from Gotham to Helix), when the PC starts now with KodiLauncher as the shell, it wont restore focus. But if I load explorer it works and gives focus to Kodi as it should. Any ideas?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-01-23

(2015-01-22, 22:54)Scottland Wrote: Hi,

Just changed from xbmclauncher to Kodi launcher (and from Gotham to Helix), when the PC starts now with KodiLauncher as the shell, it wont restore focus. But if I load explorer it works and gives focus to Kodi as it should. Any ideas?

Windows version? Are you sure the shell is KodiLauncher and not Kodi? Try this - Boot with KodiLauncher as shell, it should start kodi. Now press Win+F10. It should display the KodiLauncher context menu if the launcher is running.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - myst4ry - 2015-01-24

Could this program be causing my Harmony smart control to not work with my XBMC when booting sometimes (it works 90% of the time, but 10% of the time, the remote will make the NUC turn on, but then I can't control the menus or anything with the remote)? If I manually reboot without touching anything else, it starts working fine.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-01-24

(2015-01-24, 16:09)myst4ry Wrote: Could this program be causing my Harmony smart control to not work with my XBMC when booting sometimes (it works 90% of the time, but 10% of the time, the remote will make the NUC turn on, but then I can't control the menus or anything with the remote)? If I manually reboot without touching anything else, it starts working fine.

Are you using the launcher in shell mode? May be explorer is needed for the remote to work correctly. It may also be due to xbmc is not getting focus. Next time it happens, click xbmc using mouse to bring it to foreground and try the remote.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - myst4ry - 2015-01-24

(2015-01-24, 18:44)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2015-01-24, 16:09)myst4ry Wrote: Could this program be causing my Harmony smart control to not work with my XBMC when booting sometimes (it works 90% of the time, but 10% of the time, the remote will make the NUC turn on, but then I can't control the menus or anything with the remote)? If I manually reboot without touching anything else, it starts working fine.

Are you using the launcher in shell mode? May be explorer is needed for the remote to work correctly. It may also be due to xbmc is not getting focus. Next time it happens, click xbmc using mouse to bring it to foreground and try the remote.

I'm running XBMC shell mode.

I think it's not a focus problem because when I exit XBMC with my keyboard, the remote still doesn't work in the windows explorer, when it normally does. Maybe it's an IR driver that doesn't turn on correctly?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-01-25

(2015-01-24, 19:34)myst4ry Wrote:
(2015-01-24, 18:44)baijuxavior Wrote:

I think it's not a focus problem because when I exit XBMC with my keyboard, the remote still doesn't work in the windows explorer, when it normally does. Maybe it's an IR driver that doesn't turn on correctly?

Which IR device are you using? Is it a mce receiver?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Morphy99 - 2015-01-25

I'm having a few problems on Kodi 14.0 at the moment with the occasional crash. Is there any way to get kodi to restart automatically after this? I noticed there is a "force close kodi now" option in the start bar, can invoke this with a keyboard shortcut (remote button)?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Hetfiled - 2015-01-25

Hi baijuxavior

if I set kodi as shell, all info as disc image/year/plot in movie set are not available

no problem is I set windows shell

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-01-25

(2015-01-25, 14:53)Morphy99 Wrote: I'm having a few problems on Kodi 14.0 at the moment with the occasional crash. Is there any way to get kodi to restart automatically after this? I noticed there is a "force close kodi now" option in the start bar, can invoke this with a keyboard shortcut (remote button)?

At present no shortcut is available for the force close menu, but you can easily add one by editing the kodilauncher.ahk file.

Add the code below at the end of the script file:

Code:
^F4:: ; Ctrl+F4
Process, Exist, Kodi.exe ; check if Kodi.exe is running
If (ErrorLevel > 0) ; If it is running
    Process, Close, %ErrorLevel%
return

Change the hotkey Ctrl+F4 to the one you want.

(2015-01-25, 17:43)Hetfiled Wrote: Hi baijuxavior

if I set kodi as shell, all info as disc image/year/plot in movie set are not available

no problem is I set windows shell

Which OS? Are your media files in a network? I don't know why it happens.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Morphy99 - 2015-01-25

(2015-01-25, 18:56)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 14:53)Morphy99 Wrote: I'm having a few problems on Kodi 14.0 at the moment with the occasional crash. Is there any way to get kodi to restart automatically after this? I noticed there is a "force close kodi now" option in the start bar, can invoke this with a keyboard shortcut (remote button)?

At present no shortcut is available for the force close menu, but you can easily add one by editing the kodilauncher.ahk file.

Code:
return

Hmm ok this doesnt seem to be working but maybe I've done something wrong. I downloaded the source and opened KodiLauncher.ahk with SciTE4AHK300601. Pasted the code above so it looks like this from line 1818:

Code:
LaunchApplication(KodiPath)
;Sleep, 2000
WinActivate, ahk_class XBMC
FocussedOnce = 0
LaunchApplication(iMONPath)
LaunchApplication(XBMConiMONPath)
Sleep, 1000

WinGet, Style, Style, ahk_class XBMC
    if (Style & 0xC00000)  ;Detects if Kodi has a title bar.
        Send {VKDC}  ;Maximize Kodi to fullscreen mode if its in a window mode.
    Return

SetTitleMatchMode 2
        #IfWinActive ahk_class XBMC ; Kodi detection for Kodi/GSB Home Screen action.
        #!Enter::
        WinMaximize ;Maximize Kodi if Windowed.
        send, ^!{VK74} ; if Kodi is Active (GSB Home Jump will activate)
        Return

return

Hit compile and then copied KodiLauncher.exe to program files replacing original and restarted the script. Ctrl+F4 does nothing though. Am I going wrong somewhere?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - myst4ry - 2015-01-25

(2015-01-25, 06:47)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2015-01-24, 19:34)myst4ry Wrote:
(2015-01-24, 18:44)baijuxavior Wrote: Are you using the launcher in shell mode? May be explorer is needed for the remote to work correctly. It may also be due to xbmc is not getting focus. Next time it happens, click xbmc using mouse to bring it to foreground and try the remote.

Which IR device are you using? Is it a mce receiver?

Logitech Harmony Smart Control

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Hetfiled - 2015-01-25

no problem is I set windows ows shell

Windows 7
The files are on local hdd

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - ArieS - 2015-01-26

Hey baijuxavior, I just made the switch from Gotham to Helix, so I've installed KodiLauncher but for some reason when I boot my HTPC I end up on my desktop and Kodi is not even started.
I chose Kodilauncher as the shell. I'm on Windows 7.
Any idea what could be the prob?
Thanks for your help and your great software!

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-01-26

(2015-01-25, 20:35)Morphy99 Wrote:

Code:
return

Hmm ok this doesnt seem to be working but maybe I've done something wrong. I downloaded the source and opened KodiLauncher.ahk with SciTE4AHK300601. Pasted the code above so it looks like this from line 1818:

Code:
LaunchApplication(KodiPath)
;Sleep, 2000
FocussedOnce = 0
LaunchApplication(iMONPath)
LaunchApplication(XBMConiMONPath)
Sleep, 1000

Return

SetTitleMatchMode 2
        #IfWinActive ahk_class XBMC ; Kodi detection for Kodi/GSB Home Screen action.
        #!Enter::
        WinMaximize ;Maximize Kodi if Windowed.
        send, ^!{VK74} ; if Kodi is Active (GSB Home Jump will activate)
        Return

return

Hit compile and then copied KodiLauncher.exe to program files replacing original and restarted the script. Ctrl+F4 does nothing though. Am I going wrong somewhere?

Paste the code at line 1811 just before #!Enter:: ; Win+Alt+Enter shortcut key. It will work.

(2015-01-25, 21:14)Hetfiled Wrote:

no problem is I set windows ows shell

Windows 7

I can't figure out why it isn't working. Which skin is that?

(2015-01-26, 12:59)ArieS Wrote: Hey baijuxavior, I just made the switch from Gotham to Helix, so I've installed KodiLauncher but for some reason when I boot my HTPC I end up on my desktop and Kodi is not even started.
I chose Kodilauncher as the shell. I'm on Windows 7.
Any idea what could be the prob?
Thanks for your help and your great software!

In Kodi Startup settings select the option to 'start kodi when windows starts'.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Hetfiled - 2015-01-26

(2015-01-26, 14:44)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 21:14)Hetfiled Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 18:56)baijuxavior Wrote: Which OS? Are your media files in a network? I don't know why it happens.

Windows 7

I can't figure out why it isn't working. Which skin is that?

AEON MQ5 mod for Helix